ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 73
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:11 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure they did.

Well more accurately, a bunch of lawyers did.

The league can only get sued into the hinterlands so many times before they want no part of this shit and will GLADLY let Gruden hang for it. And after settling with Kaepernick to avoid public disclosure of exactly this sort of stuff, they had to take a front-line stance on the social justice stuff.

Well they can't very well do that and then have a head coach lobbing skunks into the elevator, now can they?

The best alternative they had was to scapegoat Gruden. Doesn't cost the shield shit and we know that's all they truly care about. There's no loyalty among that pack of jackals.

If they could barbecue Chuckie to save themselves some headache, they'll do it every time. The only question is really exactly what headache they've truly saved themselves? That's what I can't quite figure out. How does a public execution for something that had been swept under the rug to that point help them out?

That's why I'm thinking someone went off the reservation in leaking the emails. Once that happened, their response was all too predictable.
Think this is a pretty good summary. They want whoever is leaking shit to the NY Times to stop doing it ASAP.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:13 AM 10-12-2021
Raiders lucked out if they don't have to pay anymore on that contract and can land an actual good coach.

Wonder if we can send our shit oc.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:56 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
There's going to be a lot more from this email dump I promise you.

And the same ten idiots will whine about cancel culture or whatever.
I personally always laugh when someone has a post that is basically saying "it's my right and everyone else's to be racist and homophobic how dare you judge us"
[Reply]
NEOM 02:00 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I personally always laugh when someone has a post that is basically saying "it's my right and everyone else's to be racist and homophobic how dare you judge us"
I mean, you have free speach and can say whatever you want but you should also live with the consequences. It's funny, somehow people complain about free speach being undermined, but when in human history it was allowed to say whatever you want without getting a response or consequences..?!
[Reply]
Pogue 02:05 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure they did.

Well more accurately, a bunch of lawyers did.

The league can only get sued into the hinterlands so many times before they want no part of this shit and will GLADLY let Gruden hang for it. And after settling with Kaepernick to avoid public disclosure of exactly this sort of stuff, they had to take a front-line stance on the social justice stuff.

Well they can't very well do that and then have a head coach lobbing skunks into the elevator, now can they?

The best alternative they had was to scapegoat Gruden. Doesn't cost the shield shit and we know that's all they truly care about. There's no loyalty among that pack of jackals.

If they could barbecue Chuckie to save themselves some headache, they'll do it every time. The only question is really exactly what headache they've truly saved themselves? That's what I can't quite figure out. How does a public execution for something that had been swept under the rug to that point help them out?

That's why I'm thinking someone went off the reservation in leaking the emails. Once that happened, their response was all too predictable.
Maybe this story goes away in two weeks, but I doubt it. There’s already clamoring for the rest of the emails, and going after more people. The scope of the investigation just went from WFT to the entire league.

The NFL ratings have climbed, there’s good football games. I think a record 15 games were decided in the final minutes/OT through 5 weeks and yet the headlines will be about Gruden emails from a decade ago.

That being said, Gruden made his own bed and will have to live with his decisions.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:08 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
I mean, you have free speach and can say whatever you want but you should also live with the consequences. It's funny, somehow people complain about free speach being undermined, but when in human history it was allowed to say whatever you want without getting a response or consequences..?!
Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a faggot pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:20 AM 10-12-2021
Imagine hitching your wagon to a QB that wears mascara then ultimately getting fired for being a homophobe.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:34 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Meh, once you hit high school or so, name-calling looses its appeal as a comedic device.
Ah, I guess you started skipping spelling class long before you hit high school and stopped calling people names then?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:38 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Shit now they might get a decent coach.
The worst part of all of this...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:04 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a bundle of sticks pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?
He didn't work for the NFL at the time. Was what he said juvenile and dumb? Yep. Are there thousands if not 10's or even 100's of thousands of men in his age bracket hoping no one ever goes through their emails? Yep.

I've seen plenty of people on this board reference Goodell in less flattering , and even less PC, terms.

Frankly, I'm glad Gruden is gone. He did his job, rebuilding a Raiders team that was in desperate need of a rebuild. He has been holding them back with his conservative play calling.

Providing the Raiders hire a dynamic young offensive minded coach, this will end up a good thing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:07 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Raiders lucked out if they don't have to pay anymore on that contract and can land an actual good coach.

Wonder if we can send our shit oc.
My greatest fear at this point is the Raiders hiring Eric B.
[Reply]
morphius 06:12 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
He didn't work for the NFL at the time. Was what he said juvenile and dumb? Yep. Are there thousands if not 10's or even 100's of thousands of men in his age bracket hoping no one ever goes through their emails? Yep.

I've seen plenty of people on this board reference Goodell in less flattering , and even less PC, terms.

Frankly, I'm glad Gruden is gone. He did his job, rebuilding a Raiders team that was in desperate need of a rebuild. He has been holding them back with his conservative play calling.

Providing the Raiders hire a dynamic young offensive minded coach, this will end up a good thing.
Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:30 AM 10-12-2021
I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:38 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.
Sad thing is it is likely the majority of the media mob hating on Gruden has similar emails sitting there waiting for someone to leak them.

Anyone really think Stephen A Smith isn't a massive asshole with a load of emails just like this?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:39 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?
Wouldn't be enough players left to fill out a single team.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 73
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up