ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 54
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 PM 01-07-2019
I didn't know other teams had True Fans™ that get all lathered up watching offensive linemen...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:03 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Looks like he got away with a lot of blatant holds.
He does it how I was coached to do it. Grab the pads on the inside where the numbers are and drive them. Didn't watch the whole thing but there was a questionable one where he had Clowney by the shoulder and kept him from pursuing.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:04 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
They also faced the most pass attempts which equals more opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's true. Does anyone have the numbers for sacks per passing attempt ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:07 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
That's true. Does anyone have the numbers for sacks per passing attempt ?

Cue Barnwell from espn.com:

Originally Posted by :
What has really driven the Chiefs to competency against the pass is a ferocious pass rush. To put their production in context, consider that the Bears sacked opposing quarterbacks 7.3 percent of the time and pressured those same passers on 30.0 percent of their dropbacks during the regular season. Bob Sutton's defense took down opposing signal-callers on 7.4 percent of their pass plays and pressured them 31.1 percent of the time. Kansas City also has done this with the league's ninth-lowest blitz rate, so it is getting home without sending extra rushers.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:09 PM 01-07-2019
Chris Jones better be going all out all game. Leave your habit of taking plays off for the regular season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:11 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, I was just going to say it didn't have anything to do with number of attempts. They were extremely efficient PER PLAY.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:11 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Chris Jones better be going all out all game. Leave your habit of taking plays off for the regular season.
I'd rather he not "go all out". That's how he frequently ends up out of position on run plays. He needs to play sound.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:16 PM 01-07-2019
Thanks man. I thought the amount of attempts might have skewed it. Guess not lol. They did pass the eye test as far as QB pressure is concerned though.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:20 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I was just going to say it didn't have anything to do with number of attempts. They were extremely efficient PER PLAY.
Dee Ford was insanity this year. I don’t think people here appreciate it as much as they should.

Justin Houston gets hated on by everyone as well but I don’t think a darling like Melvin Ingram was any more productive this season.

And Chris Jones just did his thing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:22 PM 01-07-2019
Dee Ford was insanity this year. I don’t think people here appreciate it as much as they should.

Justin Houston gets hated on by everyone as well but I don’t think a darling like Melvin Ingram was any more productive this season.

And Chris Jones just did his thing.
They get sold short because of how absolutely horrendous the rest of the unit performed.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:23 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
Perhaps you are correct. Hugging and driving is different than pulling to prevent escape though IMO. There is a fine line in a great block and holding.
That Oline is going to need to step up to overcome Luck being so slow footed. He looks like Herman Munster out of the pocket.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:23 PM 01-07-2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 05:59 PM 01-07-2019
He does it how I was coached to do it. Grab the pads on the inside where the numbers are and drive them. Didn't watch the whole thing but there was a questionable one where he had Clowney by the shoulder and kept him from pursuing.
Luck is going to get hit so hard this weekend he will have to grab his pad- Maxi pad that is.
[Reply]
deadman 06:44 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
That Oline is going to need to step up to overcome Luck being so slow footed. He looks like Herman Munster out of the pocket.
What? He ran a faster 40 than Cam Newton.
[Reply]
jachba 08:06 PM 01-07-2019
I've posted this before but the Chiefs folks at The Athletic don't seem to think he's going to be ready. Their rationale has been that he just got out of a boot and didn't think he'd be able to make enough progress to actually play. My take is that if he were in the boot strictly with the goal of taking the most precautionary measures (i.e., "we don't want your foot anywhere near the ground"), it's not as farfetched that he could be ready this weekend.
It sounds enough like Joey Bosa's injury to lead me to conclude that Watkins won't play on Saturday.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 54
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up