ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number
BlackOp 04:23 AM 06-17-2019
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."
[Reply]
-King- 09:53 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If he had just retired, it would have been fine. Had he got the surgery and tried to come back but failed, that would have been fine too. But even after the organization basically went spread eagle for him with that fat contract after the cancer scare, he still fucked them (and us) over just to squeeze out a little more.

He went from being one of my favorite all time players to just a notch above Bronco Neil on my Eat Shit And Die list. Fuck him, fuck his heel, and double fuck his broke dick spirit. :-)
The surgery would have put him out for the year anyway so how would that have been any better? He tried to go without survey and hopefully play through the pain late in the season. That plan obviously failed, but why would him getting surgery and not even trying to play have been better?

And I think a lot of people forget that he's dealt with heel issues for years and played on it for years.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:59 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
The surgery would have put him out for the year anyway so how would that have been any better? He tried to go without survey and hopefully play through the pain late in the season. That plan obviously failed, but why would him getting surgery and not even trying to play have been better?

And I think a lot of people forget that he's dealt with heel issues for years and played on it for years.
Well, shit, if it bothered him so much, and for so long, maybe he could have gotten it taken care of when he was already out for the entire fucking season after first game played in September of 2017? Then maybe he could have contributed right away instead of standing on the sideline looking like a bum stealing Clark's money and then being utterly fucking useless when he did finally come back.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:10 PM 06-17-2019
Well, shit, if it bothered him so much, and for so long, maybe he could have gotten it taken care of when he was already out for the entire fucking season after first game played in September of 2017? Then maybe he could have contributed right away instead of standing on the sideline looking like a bum stealing Clark's money and then being utterly fucking useless when he did finally come back.
^^^ Quality post ^^^
[Reply]
BossChief 10:12 PM 06-17-2019
He was supposed to have BOTH Achilles repaired and the deformity shaved off in the same offseason, a couple years after fighting off cancer?

You think his body would have healed that quicker than just doing what he did?
[Reply]
-King- 10:14 PM 06-17-2019
I doubt it would have been advisable to have Achilles and Haglunds deformity surgery on different legs at the same time is advisable. Doubt that would make recovery any faster especially when at that time he and the medical team had managed the deformity pretty well up to that point.

He had a shitty ending to his time here but I very much doubt he chose to end it like that and didn't want to be on the field more and play better when he did get on the field. 1 injury isn't going to change my perception of him since he was in college.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:14 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He was supposed to have BOTH Achilles repaired and the deformity shaved off in the same offseason, a couple years after fighting off cancer?

Well, maybe he shouldn't have had it all done ON THE SAME DAY, but yeah, over the course of the entire fucking season he missed, he could have found the time.

It's not like he was getting paid millions of dollars to a job or anything. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:15 PM 06-17-2019

Then retire. Or accept the hate being greedy bought him. Plus, an almost guaranteed loss of a Chiefs legacy.
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 PM 06-17-2019
Well, maybe he shouldn't have had it all done ON THE SAME DAY, but yeah, over the course of the entire fucking season he missed, he could have found the time.

It's not like he was getting paid millions of dollars to a job or anything. :-)
Do you understand how rehabbing an injury works?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you understand how rehabbing an injury works?
From what I've seen it involves a lot of standing around looking disheveled.
[Reply]
FAX 10:20 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Tons of us in that boat. I hope in 20 years he's happy knowing his name will have been forgotten in the NFL. It's usually about that age when "legacy" matters, and while he'll be rich, and richer because he ****ed Chiefs nation, I hope that him being forgotten bothers him.
He'll be hawking Dr. Scholl's Magic Inserts on the teevee at some point.

Either that, or he'll invest in some pristine real estate and spend his afternoons day-trading and lounging by the pool with his feet up.

Whatever it is, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be giving two sh*ts about what Chiefs fans think of him.

FAX
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:23 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
He'll be hawking Dr. Scholl's Magic Inserts on the teevee at some point.

Either that, or he'll invest in some pristine real estate and spend his afternoons day-trading and lounging by the pool with his feet up.

Whatever it is, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be giving two sh*ts about what Chiefs fans think of him.

FAX
He never did give a shit, that's pretty clear now.
[Reply]
FAX 10:23 PM 06-17-2019

In cases like this, you have to look on the bright side and think positively, Mr. BossChief.

For example, if he simply requested that his feet be amputated and replaced with titanium spring things, he would have increased his vertical and avoided even the remotest possibility of toe cancer.

FAX
[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 06-17-2019
Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've all participated in this Berry circle jerk before. Our opinions are set in stone at this point - really no point in further rehashing them.

If you like him, too bad, he's gone. :-)

If you don't him, yay, he's gone. :-)

Either way, he's gone.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:44 PM 06-17-2019

And doing absolutely nothing helped greatly by?...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:53 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He never did give a shit, that's pretty clear now.
One of the best things about getting Mahomes is that the "face" no longer belonged to some Safety, OLB, or RB anymore. Overnight, they all became rightfully expendable and could no longer use their status to hold us hostage.

Thank God for that kid.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up