ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number
BlackOp 04:23 AM 06-17-2019
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:14 AM 06-17-2019
At least someone will get use out of it.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:20 AM 06-17-2019
Sorry, but I don't want him back at any price anyway. If his heel was sore enough to keep him out all season, then it's probably not going to be any better this year. He's done. Let someone else pay his spirit to stand on the sidelines looking like he's homeless.
[Reply]
TEX 06:36 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Sorry, but I don't want him back at any price anyway. If his heel was sore enough to keep him out all season, then it's probably not going to be any better this year. He's done. Let someone else pay his spirit to stand on the sidelines looking like he's homeless.
This.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:59 AM 06-17-2019
i dont think anyone gives a flying fuck about numbers outside players themselves and fans who make posts like this...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:13 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
i dont think anyone gives a flying **** about numbers outside players themselves and fans who make posts like this...
Retired numbers are stupid too.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:16 AM 06-17-2019
jersey has already played more snaps this year
[Reply]
Frazod 08:32 AM 06-17-2019
Haglund certainly did an amazing job of shitting all over his legacy. At this point, if he signed with Denver tomorrow it really wouldn't lower my opinion of him.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:37 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Haglund certainly did an amazing job of shitting all over his legacy. At this point, if he signed with Denver tomorrow it really wouldn't lower my opinion of him.
Had he just had the surgery, I mean wtf was he thinking?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:38 AM 06-17-2019
I will say that from the Chiefs' specific praise of Honey Badger ("he's always there for his team, can always be counted on the perform at his highest level") and by the way they cut him instantly and had zero issues giving his number to Fuller (a big deal to some players) that the Chiefs were very eager to professionally move on from EB.

Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
There's been a lot of speculation about how/if his body can bounce back from surgery at this point. EB's has been through an harrowing amount of intense treatment for cancer and it's incredible he was able to still bounce back and perform like he did in 2016.

At a certain level, a human body just can't cope anymore. I empathize with this quite a lot, as I found out I have arthritis in two joints in my back and even the most expensive surgery I could get would likely only get me to the same mobility/pain that I'm already at. Basically I have to give up rowing, squats, deadlifts, can't swing a bat (even in beer league) anymore, take jumps while snowboarding, will never learn to play golf and I have to stretch each morning despite how much I may want to be as active as I once was.

I'll always love looking back at EB's performance and comeback through 2016 - but it was clear after last season we had to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if whichever team he lands on has him as more of a role player moving forward.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:39 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Whoa. Whoa. WHOA. DON'T BE GOING OFF HURTING HIS FEELINGS
[Reply]
TEX 09:02 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I will say that from the Chiefs' praise of Honey Badger (he's always there for his team, can always be counted on the perform at his highest level) and by the way they cut him instantly and had zero issues giving his number to Fuller (a big deal to some players) that the Chiefs were very eager to professionally move on from EB.

There's been a lot of speculation about how/if his body can bounce back from surgery at this point. EB's has been through an harrowing amount of intense treatment for cancer and it's incredible he was able to still bounce back and perform like he did in 2016.

At a certain level, the body just can't cope anymore. I empathize with this quite a lot, as I found out I have arthritis in two joints in my back and even the most expensive surgery I could get would likely only get me to the same mobility/pain that I'm already at. Basically I have to give up rowing, can't swing a bat (even in beer league) anymore, take jumps while snowboarding, and have to stretch each morning despite how much I may want to be as active as I once was.

I'll always love looking back at EB's performance and comeback through 2016 - but it was clear after last season we had to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if whichever team he lands on has him as more of a role player moving forward.
Dude is D-O-N-E. He needs to coach if he wants to stay in the NFL.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:18 AM 06-17-2019
i love him as a player, after last year i have questions about him as a team mate.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:38 AM 06-17-2019
Who cares?

Berry isn't on the team anymore. We gave someone Dee Ford's number as well. So ****ing what?

Berry was a great player when healthy, but he's not a sacred cow. There are a limited amount of numbers and KC has ALREADY retired too many. This isn't some direct insult to Eric Berry.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:41 AM 06-17-2019
Real thread-worthy.

Especially at 4:23AM.

Did you wake up in a cold sweat thinking KC somehow was getting Berry back in the fold?

Take some NyQuil.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up