ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Eleazar 12:54 PM 03-07-2023
Jets in talks with Packers, Aaron Rodgers, sources say

The New York Jets have had conversations with the Green Bay Packers and with quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week regarding a potential trade of the four-time MVP to the Jets, according to sources.

The sources said some of those conversations were expected to take place Tuesday, but that it's unclear as of Tuesday morning whether they will result in a trade.

Rodgers still has not made any announcements about what he intends to do this season. It's still possible he decides to retire, or to stay in Green Bay. But if he still wants to play and he and the Packers agree it's time for him to play somewhere else, the Jets appear to be a realistic option.

If the Jets are speaking directly with Rodgers, they and he would have had to secure the Packers' permission, as he is still under contract with Green Bay. So, the discussions Rodgers is having with the Jets indicate at least some openness on the part of the Packers to the idea of trading him there.

But there are potential complications to a deal, including Rodgers' huge and complicated contract, that might have to be addressed to make sure both teams would be in compliance with the salary cap by the start of the league year next Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Rodgers is under contract through 2024 for $108.8 million. Technically, the contract, signed last March, runs through 2026, but 2025 and 2026 are considered "dummy" years for cap purposes. His deal includes a fully guaranteed $59.5 million this season, with $58.3 million coming in the form of an option bonus, payable before the start of the regular season.

Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers wouldn't hobble the Jets' cap. He would count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

The Packers would get hit with a $40.3 million "dead" charge in 2023 -- nearly $9 million more than he'd count if he were on the roster.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Kinda the point. If he's going to tweet out a text response from Aaron it seems pretty lame to do so without showing us what Aaron was responding to.
Dude is just trying to play along with the joke after Aaron dissed him like that, not defend himself. It's probably the best thing he could do.

Aaron is just a dickhead.

He loves the attention, and then loves to bitch about it. "Look at me! Look at me! Shame on you for looking at me!"
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:47 PM 03-15-2023
LMAo yep, the whole interview had "yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch" energy
[Reply]
wazu 12:51 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude is just trying to play along with the joke after Aaron dissed him like that, not defend himself. It's probably the best thing he could do.

Aaron is just a dickhead.

He loves the attention, and then loves to bitch about it. "Look at me! Look at me! Shame on you for looking at me!"
I get that Aaron is a dickhead. Seems like including your professional message to him which resulted in Aaron's rude response would illustrate that better than showing us just what Aaron said.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:45 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
**** everybody involved. I hope they all lose.
Yea, but it would be kind of nice to see the Jets beat the Bills twice.

I guess maybe Buffalo could choke anyway?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:52 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I get that Aaron is a dickhead. Seems like including your professional message to him which resulted in Aaron's rude response would illustrate that better than showing us just what Aaron said.
He's not trying to make Aaron look rude. He's trying to get in on the joke because the world is laughing at him.
[Reply]
seamonster 02:30 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Mr. Anti-Vax now getting paychecks from Big Pharma.
Lebron was pretty Anti-Vax too. Did you shit all over him too for "making a personal decision"? Or is it just the dude that your cable news tells you to hate?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 PM 03-27-2023
Packers fucked up badly keeping this guy last year. Could have easily fucked Denver in the ass like Seattle did and gotten a way better return.

������������: #Packers, #Jets closer on trade for Rodgers, per @CharlesRobinson

As it currently stands, Jets will send a 2023 2nd rounder and a 2024 2nd rounder that may turn into a 1st based on performance

Holdup is Jets want a pick back from GB in case AR doesn't play in 2024 pic.twitter.com/vf4kQRKMFP

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 28, 2023

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:33 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Packers ****ed up badly keeping this guy last year. Could have easily ****ed Denver in the ass like Seattle did and gotten a way better return.
And I'm still not seeing why Aaron would have agreed to go to the AFC West where winning the division would be so hard?

If you say money, there are other teams can pay him money.
[Reply]
Bump 12:19 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Lebron was pretty Anti-Vax too. Did you shit all over him too for "making a personal decision"? Or is it just the dude that your cable news tells you to hate?
it's crazy that Aaron is still even alive being all anti-vax and everything!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:21 AM 03-28-2023
Packers ****ed up badly keeping this guy last year. Could have easily ****ed Denver in the ass like Seattle did and gotten a way better return.

I would say that's cheap but Rogers contract is anything but that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:20 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I would say that's cheap but Rogers contract is anything but that.
Plus, he is washed. Lacks passion, throws too many INTs (which used to be his strength), can't scramble like he once could and reportedly not a good teammate/leader.

We will see how he does but if I'm a Jets fan I wouldn't get too excited.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 03-28-2023
Packers fucked up badly keeping this guy last year. Could have easily fucked Denver in the ass like Seattle did and gotten a way better return.

Not as bad as I thought.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:13 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Plus, he is washed. Lacks passion, throws too many INTs (which used to be his strength), can't scramble like he once could and reportedly not a good teammate/leader.

We will see how he does but if I'm a Jets fan I wouldn't get too excited.
I intensely dislike Aaron Rodgers, but washed? He's a year removed from being MVP of the league for the second consecutive season. He played through a good part of last year with a thumb injury and was working with a lot of young receivers.

You may ultimately be right but I think it's a little early to come to that conclusion.
[Reply]
irafreak 09:56 AM 03-28-2023
Surprised they don't just use that as the stipulation to raise the pick. That 2nd and a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he plays in 24 and a first if he performs well. (Whatever they decide we'll is)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:05 AM 03-28-2023
I wouldn't put it past Rodgers to retire after one year out of spite for the Packers so they have to give up an extra draft pick to the Jets.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up