Cedric Tillman Tenny
Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:37 PM 03-28-2023
You know, maybe it's just because we ALWAYS pick late twenties to thirty two every year for like a decade now, but honestly, I don't understand the criticism of this draft and especially the WR's. I mean, maybe it's because we never have a shot at the top 3 or 4 any year, but as I look at these second and third round guys, and even into the 4th somewhat, I see guys with really intriguing skill-sets that would fit in really nicely to this offense.

And I'm not real sold on the 'top' two or three, honestly. I don't see them as any more of a sure thing than those second and third round guys.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 03-29-2023
There are 5 guys in this draft that are 175 pounds or less. I don't think I'd draft those guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
There are 5 guys in this draft that are 175 pounds or less. I don't think I'd draft those guys.
You literally drafted the lightest one on day 2 in the CP mock though...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know, maybe it's just because we ALWAYS pick late twenties to thirty two every year for like a decade now, but honestly, I don't understand the criticism of this draft and especially the WR's. I mean, maybe it's because we never have a shot at the top 3 or 4 any year, but as I look at these second and third round guys, and even into the 4th somewhat, I see guys with really intriguing skill-sets that would fit in really nicely to this offense.

And I'm not real sold on the 'top' two or three, honestly. I don't see them as any more of a sure thing than those second and third round guys.
Are you going to find a true WR1? Not likely but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some good WR2/3 guys out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Agreed.

The 'weak class' stuff comes from just not having a top end. There's not a Wilson or Olave in this draft, IMO. But the 4-12 tier is the same as it ever was.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You literally drafted the lightest one on day 2 in the CP mock though...
Yes....I did. I went back and forth on it, but in the end....I don't know
[Reply]
RunKC 11:05 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Agreed.

The 'weak class' stuff comes from just not having a top end. There's not a Wilson or Olave in this draft, IMO. But the 4-12 tier is the same as it ever was.
I think Jalin Hyatt is the only guy I’m taking at 31. Flowers looks good but he’s small. Him putting on some weight to not look like he’s 170 isn’t gonna change much. He’ll shed a lot of that off in camp.

I don’t see a large disparity between the WR’s in rd 2 and the WR’s late in the 1st rd.

The alarm bells going off by posters about WR being such a big need isn’t gonna change the fact that rookie receivers don’t historically do that much in Andy’s system, certainly not to the expectations required of a first rd pick.

I can’t see a WR being the better prospect over Darnell Wright or many of the DL. Hyatt appears to be the only one, and I wouldn’t trade up for him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:53 AM 03-29-2023
#LSU WR Kayshon Boutte is not participating in testing drills at Pro Day.

That means he's sticking with his NFL Combine 4.50 40-yard dash, 29" vert + 9'10" broad jump.

Those are low marks. It's not everything, but now Boutte will bank on on-field workouts, film and interviews.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Jalin Hyatt is the only guy I’m taking at 31. Flowers looks good but he’s small. Him putting on some weight to not look like he’s 170 isn’t gonna change much. He’ll shed a lot of that off in camp.

I don’t see a large disparity between the WR’s in rd 2 and the WR’s late in the 1st rd.

The alarm bells going off by posters about WR being such a big need isn’t gonna change the fact that rookie receivers don’t historically do that much in Andy’s system, certainly not to the expectations required of a first rd pick.

I can’t see a WR being the better prospect over Darnell Wright or many of the DL. Hyatt appears to be the only one, and I wouldn’t trade up for him.
See I really like Zay Flowers....it's all what you like I guess.

And I see a large disparity, in my opinion it goes like this..

Johnston
Flowers
Addison
Njigba
Hyatt
Downs

That's not in any particular order just that after those guys the ability for production now really drops off. There is a pretty hard line after them of talent and ability and readiness in my view.
[Reply]
In58men 12:15 PM 03-29-2023
Tank Dell is getting so much love recently. Does he fit in with Reid’s system?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Tank Dell is getting so much love recently. Does he fit in with Reid’s system?
Of course, just a question of whether he's too small for them. But his skill set is absolutely a great fit.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:53 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Of course, just a question of whether he's too small for them. But his skill set is absolutely a great fit.
Dell and Toney would give defenses fits
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:35 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Dell and Toney would give defenses fits
What makes him different than McCluster or DeAnthony Thomas? That’s a serious question, because I don’t know. My bias as a Chiefs fan is that aside from Tyreek Hill these undersized guys never work out.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:19 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
What makes him different than McCluster or DeAnthony Thomas? That’s a serious question, because I do know. My bias as a Chiefs fan is that aside from Tyreek Hill these undersized guys never work out.
It's a legitimate question- I think the better question though is if Dell can be another Tyler Lockett at the NFL level or is he going to be one of the many undersized receivers who excelled in college to not amount to anything at the NFL level.

The reason I say this is McCluster & Thomas were primarily running backs in the NCAA. Most receptions that they received were largely screen passes or bubbles, not running routes against defensive backs and being responsible for creating separation. Any team drafting McCluster or DAT knew that although their ability with the ball in their hands was exceptional, that both players were going to need to be schemed the football or developed as a receiver. With Dell you're getting a prospect who is similar to Lockett when coming out of the draft. Both were very productive receivers in the NCAA and are experienced in the nuances of being a receiver (releases, stemming routes, stacking, etc). Dell is a little bit of a different cat than some of the undersized receivers in this draft because he has experience on the outside as well as the slot- I think that will entice some NFL teams (Chiefs potentially being one of them).

In regards to your over arching question though on how you project undersized receivers- it's a helluva question. To me it would largely be based on what you and I don't see at face value. Their understanding of passing concepts and defenses, their willingness to work on their craft and get better. Commitment to the game and their desire to be a professional. I imagine that's how a lot of these similar receivers distinguish themselves from one another.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
#LSU WR Kayshon Boutte is not participating in testing drills at Pro Day.

That means he's sticking with his NFL Combine 4.50 40-yard dash, 29" vert + 9'10" broad jump.

Those are low marks. It's not everything, but now Boutte will bank on on-field workouts, film and interviews.
I'd say that makes him no earlier than a 4th rounder, then.

Those numbers put him in the 3rd day.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 34
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up