ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-28-2024
I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:28 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't follow, Brendan Donovan and Ivan Herrera are both in the lineup...

But hey, gotta get Brandon Crawford some work, man.

Side note - Brandon Crawford got fat, man. That's pretty funny to me.
Who needs a kid hitting .324 while playing stellar gold glove defense when you have a fatass Brandon Crawford to run out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 04-10-2024
And of course Walker with a grounder to shortstop to end it.

Just keep doing what got you here - dick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 04-10-2024
Jordan Hicks pitching well for SF today. Again.

But hey - how can Mozeliak have expected him to go someplace else and be good? He was only here for 6 years.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:34 PM 04-10-2024
Forward-thinking organizations would have traded Goldschmidt after 2022 knowing that the decline was coming. I advocated for it that offseason. The most galling part of these fuckups is how predictable they are.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:45 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Forward-thinking organizations would have traded Goldschmidt after 2022 knowing that the decline was coming. I advocated for it that offseason. The most galling part of these fuckups is how predictable they are.
Same organization said in February of 2023 that they had "too much pitching"

Forward thinking is too high a bar for these guys. Able to see what's plainly obvious to anyone with a working brain would be good enough for me. Even THAT would've gotten Goldschmidt traded at the deadline last year.

The problem with the cardinals is that you can't even set the bar on the ground and expect them to clear it. You gotta dig a trench for that fucker to keep them from tripping over it.

It's an impossibly stupid organization. Everywhere.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:47 PM 04-11-2024

What lies ahead for the Cardinals?

BK and @MadDogUnleashed discuss recent headlines coming out of St. Louis along with trades that haven't gone their way. #MLBNow pic.twitter.com/0aZqAUlUth

— MLB Now (@MLBNow) April 10, 2024

DJ you write the cue cards for this exchange?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:53 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

DJ you write the cue cards for this exchange?
Logjam!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:57 PM 04-11-2024
Seeing a lot of talk about the empty seats at Bush. Maybe the BFIB may be turning on Mo.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:40 AM 04-12-2024
Jordan Hicks pitching well for SF today. Again.

But hey - how can Mozeliak have expected him to go someplace else and be good? He was only here for 6 years.
Yesterday, a buddy sent me a Spotify link for Bernie's podcast, where they had a guest from San Fran who also has experience with the Cardinals. He said that the Cardinals really didn't support him when he tried to start. Rather, just be you and let 'er rip.

The Giants, on the other hand, slowed him down to 95 so he's not at max throw each time and he is more accurate. They slightly changed his arm delivery and wanted him to add specific pitches, rather than tinkering with a little bit of everything.

It was quite maddening to listen to and eventually I just had to stop.

There are some serious problems in the Cardinals leadership.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:42 PM 04-13-2024
Goldschmidt and Arenado is not Pujols and Molina. Please blow this shit up.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:40 PM 04-17-2024
https://heavy.com/sports/mlb/los-ang...-oneill-trade/

Every single person in coaching and player development in the entire organization should be fired.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
https://heavy.com/sports/mlb/los-ang...-oneill-trade/

Every single person in coaching and player development in the entire organization should be fired.
Beware any article that doesn't know how a triple slash works...

It ain't OBP/SLG/OPS fellas.

But yes. Of course you fire everyone.

I'm still hoping the Saudi billionaires that are buying up sports properties get a hankerin' for a baseball team.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:02 PM 04-17-2024
I'm still hoping the Saudi billionaires that are buying up sports properties get a hankerin' for a baseball team.
Probably be interested in the team heading to Vegas.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:12 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Probably be interested in the team heading to Vegas.
No shot the Cardinals could have better attendance/viewership in Vegas.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 04-18-2024
I hope that STL tells them to fuck off. No money until the shit is cleared out of the front office.

New: The Cardinals are gearing up for a big ask for more public funding for Busch Stadium. The team president compares the potential scale of the project to two other franchises that each obtained more than $500M in public funds for stadium upgrades. https://t.co/gOUFOFmeT3

— Riverfront Times (@RiverfrontTimes) April 17, 2024

[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up