ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 619 of 3903
« First < 119519569609615616617618619 62062162262362966971911191619 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:49 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how do you purpose healthcare workers get into work to take care of patients?
Walk, ride a bike, Uber, taxi.
[Reply]
nychief 12:50 PM 03-22-2020
of course. I would think that NYC itself would probable skew younger than the national average too. That should help the hospitals from being overwhelmed.

They are underwater, they are asking the corp of engineers to build/retrofit 4 field hospitals. They need 30, 000 more ventilators at this rate, thousands more beds.

This is just the first city this will happen at, unfortunately.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:50 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
More relevant is how many people will have a severe case of COVID-19 that will require hospitalization.

That’s the big concern right now. Overwhelming the health care system would be tragic. I never like to see tents as hospitals.
[Reply]
nychief 12:52 PM 03-22-2020
Re: Subway. This isn't where ppl are getting transmission. The outbreak started in westchester..and ridership is so far down the MTA is about out of business. This is a density question.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:53 PM 03-22-2020
How many states have issued “Stay at Home” orders?

New York
California
Washington

Has anymore been added by Governor’s?
[Reply]
Donger 12:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
Re: Subway. This isn't where ppl are getting transmission. The outbreak started in westchester..and ridership is so far down the MTA is about out of business. This is a density question.
A million people per day are still using it.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 12:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
As far as reliable info goes my best advice is pay no attention to the ones who bought whole "Fake news" bullshit. At least on CP you find a those that did and still do are the ones pushing the "it's no worse than the flu BS".
True. I had a meeting about 3 weeks ago with a county official who said he was tired of hearing about it and that it's no worse than the flu... I knew we were in trouble then. It may not be the plauge that we saw 100 years ago, but it definitely aint the seasonal flu.

Originally Posted by tk13:
I get that but really the answers are out there. Just listen to the people who are the front lines dealing with this. There's a pretty common trend if you listen to the doctors and nurses who are dealing with this in the hard hit areas. From China to Italy to Washington to New Jersey. They're literally all saying this is not the flu. In severe cases you'll be stable then deteriorate quickly, in a matter of hours, ending up with septic shock and organ failure.

At the same time, out of every 100,000 people that get the flu, 61 go to the hospital. Do you think this is going along at the same rate? Are you seeing hospitals be overwhelmed every winter with flu patients?

There is no both sides to this thing. The facts are out there. There is a ton we don't know but there are clearly things going on we can see that are not normal. People have the freedom to ignore all that though to listen to some dude you went to high school with on Facebook.
I personally agree. I guess my curiosity is from this thread and the multiple users downplaying the severity. And of course, a few of the articles or quotes from MD's and Biologist that agree with their stance as well.

Interesting times we live in for sure...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Make it an adventure...

order your sides from Jack Stack

order your meat from Joe's
When I am in KC, I get pork and beans from Jacks and brisket and sauce from Zardas and ribs from someplace else.
[Reply]
TLO 12:56 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How many states have issued “Stay at Home” orders?

New York
California
Washington

Has anymore been added by Governor’s?
I'd be interested in knowing how many cities around the country have issued such an order. Not just States.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:02 PM 03-22-2020
Has anybody asked Ubeja what about we should do.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:02 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Safe to say we can ignore China's fabricated numbers now.
This has always been the case...
[Reply]
loochy 01:04 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Has anybody asked Ubeja what about we should do.
He'd just reply with a list of football players and their sprint times.
[Reply]
AustinChief 01:04 PM 03-22-2020
the governor said this am that he expects 40%-75% of all New Yorkers to get the coronavirus
The problem is... we have NO CLUE how many people have already had it in New York (or anywhere for that matter) and cleared it. In all likelihood it has been spreading throughout the city for 2 months already. Mild cases can be cleared in anywhere from a few days to two weeks. So we have no idea how many people are already immune. That number could be anywhere from 0.1% to 50% at this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:05 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Unfortunately, that's nothing compared to where I live. The lines here have been more than a mile long and there are long lines outside of supermarkets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:07 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Unfortunately, that's nothing compared to where I live. The lines here have been more than a mile long and there are long lines outside of supermarkets.
i weep for the coasts

i'm sure the midwest will get there
[Reply]
Page 619 of 3903
« First < 119519569609615616617618619 62062162262362966971911191619 > Last »
Up