ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 569 of 3903
« First < 69469519559565566567568569 57057157257357961966910691569 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:17 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You hanging out here and arguing with everyone.
That question was a joke.

:-)

Anyway, I'm not arguing with everyone. Just a few people saying or doing silly and/or inappropriate things.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:18 PM 03-21-2020
https://www.dailybreeze.com/2020/03/...redondo-beach/

This is Assisted Living Facility is few blocks from me. Hopefully this isn't like other places where a few positive tests means it's been running wild for weeks. This is a ritzy one too - so you'd think they have good protocols.

This is why massive testing is so important imo. People who work in these places need to know if anyone in their household is positive.

Originally Posted by Strongside:
Furthermore, his fiancée owns a hair salon in an assisted living community. It’s not my brother and his family I’m worried about. It’s our grandparents, the elderly she works with, etc.

They will not self quarantine unless someone tells them they have to. They will lose their house if they do that.

[Reply]
SupDock 12:18 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
Good news everyone. There are no reported cases tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I just saw this too! I'm not sure how they are reporting, but this is good news.

I saw Italy had no cases tomorrow either, but we aren't talking about Italy.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:21 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What... You think there's a Mask Fairy who just flips their wand and creates masks immediately that can handle 2000x the normal demand...

The article posted said 3m started at the request of the gov't started ramping up production in January and then legislative changes were needed to sell them to the health professionals...
Clearly no I don't think there's a mask fairy:

Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The World Needs Masks. China Makes Them — But Has Been Hoarding Them.

Looks like there's a massive shortage of N95 and surgical masks. But we are ramping up production domestically.

I understand why they can't say everyone needs to wear a mask yet. Instead of making their own people would just put more pressure on the dwindling supply that healthcare workers need. Hopefully our factories start cranking them out soon.
I get why the government can't tell everyone to wear masks right now. Americans love to panic and hoard. But in a non-mask shortage world we should all be wearing them like Asia does.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:23 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That question was a joke.

Anyway, I'm not arguing with everyone. Just a few people saying or doing silly and/or inappropriate things.
Just a few?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:24 PM 03-21-2020
At this point if we're talking about living in current conditions for 2+ years then having a supply of masks wouldn't be "panic" or "hoarding".
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:24 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
I've never seen draconian used so much...
All uses of the word 'draconian' will hereafter be punishable by death!

Including using the word 'draconian' to describe this order.

Oh shit...
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:25 PM 03-21-2020

For the average American the best way to tell if you have covid-19 is to cough in a rich person’s face and wait for their test results

— Harry Moroz (@hrmoroz) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:25 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
You're falling into his trap, you know. :-)
Yep, walked right into it. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 12:26 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:28 PM 03-21-2020
On my way over to Warren Buffet's house now...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:28 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
the liver is the only organ that can regenerate, lung damage can be to tiny blood vessels which can't

Huh?

Originally Posted by :
How can they tell is there is no permanent damage ? after 2-3 months the virus has been around.

You should ask the other dude who says it’s been proven that the lungs can’t repair and that the virus causes irreparable damage.
[Reply]
Donger 12:29 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Just a few?
Yes. Pete, GoChiefs, whoever just posted that political article. That's it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:30 PM 03-21-2020

Very, very good news from our portfolio co' @scanwellhealth which will soon distribute the 1st fully at-home test for COVID-19:
- Results within 15m
- Test was widely used in China
- Rapid serology test detecting IgM & IgG antibodies (= exposure to virus)https://t.co/ThI1FOU7Ml

— Boris Wertz (@bwertz) March 20, 2020

This is a good start. Start getting these private labs to start doing these serology tests so we can so who's had it and then we can start making decisions.
[Reply]
Donger 12:31 PM 03-21-2020
As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.

But, Collins cautioned, “that doesn’t mean necessarily that the outbreak has exploded at an even more rapid rate.”

“It just means we’re now able to find out who’s out there, who is infected,” because “testing is now going to be much more available across the country,” he said.

As director of NIH, Collins oversees the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, whose own director, Dr. Anthony Fauci, has become a trusted authority during the coronavirus crisis.

According to Collins, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases inside the United States currently stands at about 14,000, and, “We will probably see four, five times that number of cases a week or 10 days from now."

Johns Hopkins University reports an even higher number of currently confirmed cases in the United States, nearing 17,000. An estimated 225 Americans have died.

"When will we be out the other side of this?” Collins asked rhetorically on the Friday call. “I have no crystal ball. ... Will we be back [to normal] by July or August or September? I have no idea."

Collins made clear that “social distancing” is vital to stemming the spread of the deadly disease, even as he derided the popular phrase.

“I really don’t like the ‘social distancing’ term,” he said. “It sort of implies that we have to get apart socially. We really have to get apart physically. This may be a time where we ought to try every other means to stay together socially, linking up by virtual means … to support each other, to share experiences, to make sure that needs that are out there can be addressed somehow.”

People need to follow the guidance being provided by authorities, according to Collins.

“The greatest concern we should all have is for those most vulnerable, who if they get infected could be in real trouble,” he said. “The best thing we could do to prevent that is to not be a vector ourselves, and the best way to not be a vector is to get apart [from each other].”

"We are going to have to be in this for the long haul,” warned Collins, who noted that tens of thousands of NIH employees may have been joining his discussion.
[Reply]
Page 569 of 3903
« First < 69469519559565566567568569 57057157257357961966910691569 > Last »
Up