ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 120
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:01 PM 08-03-2023
Irony

Jack Flaherty strikes out Paul DeJong. Send tweet. pic.twitter.com/PFLutHIwwM

— Cardinals Talk (@theredbird_way) August 3, 2023

[Reply]
bdj23 05:44 PM 08-03-2023
To be fair, i could probably strike out PDJ.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:02 PM 08-03-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
To be fair, i could probably strike out PDJ.
Only if you threw everything out of the zone.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:56 PM 08-03-2023
Flaherty leaves and immediately gives up six innings of one run ball. He was absolutely cruising through five.

If he has a 1.6 ERA the rest of the way, I'm gonna laugh.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:39 PM 08-03-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Flaherty leaves and immediately gives up six innings of one run ball. He was absolutely cruising through five.

If he has a 1.6 ERA the rest of the way, I'm gonna laugh.
Mo is still counting on Liberatore to save the staff
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:30 AM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Mo is still counting on Liberatore to save the staff
He might have the worst Statcast page of any prospect I've seen.

When your comp is 2022 Chris Archer, you need to kill yourself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He might have the worst Statcast page of any prospect I've seen.

When your comp is 2022 Chris Archer, you need to kill yourself.
Liberatore is going to be an organizational failure.

I've seen him throwing 97 mph heat that moves with plus plus depth on his curveball.

But he comes up here, gets jerked around, loses his confidence and suddenly he's guiding everything. He's throwing 93 with a roller and hoping to live in precision.

He can be a 3rd starter and I've SEEN it. I've seen the stuff. We've wrecked it.

I was in Chicago for Zach Thompson's breakout game. 97-98 with a HAMMER curve. He looked fantastic. But hey, a year later we're still jerking him around, velocity is down, he's lost the feel for the curve and he doesn't know how to approach an AB all the sudden.

Both of those guys have the talent to be mid-rotation starters and we are absolutely ruining them.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:13 PM 08-04-2023
First that bank robber wolf dude, now him.

https://defector.com/rally-runner-has-fallen
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:15 PM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
First that bank robber wolf dude, now him.

https://defector.com/rally-runner-has-fallen
What a moron. You thought there would be no consequences? He was in his red face outfit that makes him easily recognizable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:22 PM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Liberatore is going to be an organizational failure.

I've seen him throwing 97 mph heat that moves with plus plus depth on his curveball.

But he comes up here, gets jerked around, loses his confidence and suddenly he's guiding everything. He's throwing 93 with a roller and hoping to live in precision.

He can be a 3rd starter and I've SEEN it. I've seen the stuff. We've wrecked it.

I was in Chicago for Zach Thompson's breakout game. 97-98 with a HAMMER curve. He looked fantastic. But hey, a year later we're still jerking him around, velocity is down, he's lost the feel for the curve and he doesn't know how to approach an AB all the sudden.

Both of those guys have the talent to be mid-rotation starters and we are absolutely ruining them.
This sucks. Even if Mo got value back in a trade, they blow it mishandling players. It’s still all on Mo.

We have seen this mishandling all year at the MLB level. So frustrating. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:27 PM 08-04-2023
I don’t want to shock anyone here with an update but Waino is pitching BP again tonight to the Rockies of all teams. Good grief this is rough.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:15 PM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don’t want to shock anyone here with an update but Waino is pitching BP again tonight to the Rockies of all teams. Good grief this is rough.
It's embarassing. He really needs to stop. I honestly feel bad for the guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:28 PM 08-05-2023
Yikes

Mozeliak’s failures in free agency have been mind-numbing. The repeatedly bad signings have slowly destroyed what the organization had built from the mid-nineties through 2011. He has been responsible for over 370 million dollars spent in free agency. That spending has produced a paltry 23.1 bWAR combined. Mozeliak has been completely inept in the free agent market.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:35 PM 08-05-2023
Is this the worst Cards team in anyone's memory? I've only watched parts of maybe 4-5 games, and maybe I'm guilty of some bias, but I can't remember a single season where every game the pitching/defense was so unwatchable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Is this the worst Cards team in anyone's memory? I've only watched parts of maybe 4-5 games, and maybe I'm guilty of some bias, but I can't remember a single season where every game the pitching/defense was so unwatchable.
The '95 club was really bad.

It also led to the hiring of LaRussa and a restructuring of the front office.

Sadly, that was back when DeWitt gave a shit. This team is as bad or arguably worse than the '95 squad and nothing at all will be done about it. DeWitt won't fire Mozeliak and Mozeliak won't fire Marmol.

Seems like it may be a good time to check out on this ballclub for a couple years. They don't care about you so don't even pretend to care about them. You're a line-item on a budget at nothing else; a statistic.

He doesn't care about this franchise and he doesn't care about its fans. Bill DeWitt cares about the balance sheet - so hit him there.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 120
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up