ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 192
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd probably take less.

The Chiefs were in such a shitty spot in regards to LT. I'd have done all I could to keep it that way.

If next year Hill comes and says he wants out or something. Would you be ok trading him to Buffalo?
The Chiefs were going to find a left tackle. Baltimore already watched them nearly sign Trent Williams. This was a chance for them to get something to counteract it. If the Chiefs got a tackle in the draft and he was good, the Ravens chief competition got better and the Ravens got nothing.

This was a win for all involved or it wouldn't have gotten done. These teams just aren't stupid like people want to believe.
[Reply]
Danman 10:41 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Calling Orlando Brown Jr OBJ is horid. Call him his name. The only nickname that makes sense is Apollo for he is also the son of Zues.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Why don't you call him Foxy? He has the foxtail for luck
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because you're approaching it like a coward.

As Harbaugh said, they're not afraid of anyone. They're going to do what's best for the team and not worry about other teams. They'll play who they have to play. Players switch teams every year and they still gotta play them. It doesn't matter.

Straight from the horse's mouth as it's been explained to you many times over.

You're still stuck on a false narrative.
Making the team that I can't seem to beat better makes me a coward?

They can not be afraid of whoever. Their own QB says KC seems to be their kryptonite and they just handed Superman more power. Good for us I guess.

I dont' remember a time where a trade like this happened. Has anyone found a recent example where the trade wasn't across to the other conference?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:46 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That is unlikely in the 2021 draft and Veach even said as much in his press conference, stating that the Chiefs identified only 16 or 17 guys that could make an impact in Week 1.
For sure. My point: If htismaqe is saying that the Ravens could hypothetically use the picks to get Justin Fields and that could make them better than the new Chiefs, well, the Chiefs could equally get someone in that second round that they wouldn't have before who could make a huge impact.

Veach did describe that mid-second/early-third as a 'hot zone.'

Without knowing what the second best offer was for Brown, we're all just speculating.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
For sure. My point: If htismaqe is saying that the Ravens could hypothetically use the picks to get Justin Fields and that could make them better than the new Chiefs, well, the Chiefs could equally get someone in that second round that they wouldn't have before who could make a huge impact.

Without knowing what the second best offer was for Brown, we're all just speculating.
To be fair, it wasn't my idea, it was Bucky Brooks'. I personally think the idea is absurd and I'm not convinced Fields is even an NFL QB.

However, I used it to illustrate that the Ravens have tons of options now that they have so many picks, including trading up or even trading down for more 2nd rounders, which they appear to be trying to do already.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That is unlikely in the 2021 draft and Veach even said as much in his press conference, stating that the Chiefs identified only 16 or 17 guys that could make an impact in Week 1.

This is an extremely weird draft. Some of the best prospects haven't played in 2 years. There was no Combine, so there was no standardized 40 times (which is why they're ridiculously fast this year) and since teams can't examine players with injury history, there are huge question marks surrounding each player's medicals.

If you take a look at mock drafts that can be found all over the internet, there's no consensus whatsoever after the first two picks in the draft (Lawrence & Wilson) and any player taken after the 3rd round is going to be a crapshoot. Add to that, this is the smallest draft class in recent history, which makes it even more difficult for teams.

I'm not discounting Veach and the Chiefs scouting department, because they were able to draft some real gems on Day 3 last year but this year, they're facing a metric shit ton of uncertainty, especially considering every team's player rankings will most likely be very different.

The bottom line is that 2021 is probably the best possible year in recent memory to trade a 1st, 3rd & 4th round pick for a proven NFL starter.
When Veach said the hot zone was mid 2nd to early 3rd I took it as this: they know these guys like a normal draft and are able to get the data/film.

I think after that early 3rd rd area you’re in a huge bind. Less tape, medicals are up in the air and covid preventing your scouts from finding personality/football character.

Again I think it’s a normal draft for the first 2 rds but after that it’s going to be significantly harder than normal years
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:52 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
NFL teams don't operate out of fear. They're first focus is always on building their own strengths, not reacting to those of their opponents.

At least for the good teams
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 04-28-2021

They can not be afraid of whoever. Their own QB says KC seems to be their kryptonite and they just handed Superman more power. Good for us I guess.

I dont' remember a time where a trade like this happened. Has anyone found a recent example where the trade wasn't across to the other conference?
Several.

If you're looking for a specific instance where both teams were contenders, I'd have to look that up but just this month the Raiders traded Trent Brown to the Patriots after they traded Marcus Cannon to the Texans.

The Lions and Rams traded several players in March but the Lions aren't even close to a contender.

I guess the Steelers traded Antonio Brown to the Raiders in a somewhat similar situation where Brown basically demanded to be traded.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:56 AM 04-28-2021
Yes.

You build teams by acquiring the best assets you can to help your team.

Not by worrying about what other teams are doing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:57 AM 04-28-2021

For this draft, sure. The reason being is because clearly, Veach doesn't feel like investing a 1st round pick into questionable players in this draft. But if you're taking a guy in the 2nd round, it's much easier to move on in terms of the salary cap and public perception if he doesn't work out by Year 2.

50% of all NFL First Rounders bust. This year, that number, not only in the 1st round round, but in subsequent rounds in which the bust rate is even higher, could be astronomical.

I'm not speculating.

The Ravens had the option of a 3rd round comp pick in 2023 or the Chiefs 1st, 3rd, 4th and next year's 5th in exchange for Brown, a 2nd and a 5th.

Considering that a team like Seattle has no where near enough draft picks to make the move and there's no way the Ravens are trading Brown to the Bengals or Steelers, the compensation for the transaction with the Chiefs dwarfs the alternative.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:58 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Several.

If you're looking for a specific instance where both teams were contenders, I'd have to look that up but just this month the Raiders traded Trent Brown to the Patriots after they traded Marcus Cannon to the Texans.

The Lions and Rams traded several players in March but the Lions aren't even close to a contender.

I guess the Steelers traded Antonio Brown to the Raiders in a somewhat similar situation where Brown basically demanded to be traded.
Contender doesn't even have to be part of the equation. Most teams should think of themselves as contenders.

How about Tunsil to the Texans?

Were the Dolphins worried that they'd never beat the Texans because they traded Tunsil to them?

I can't believe this is even still a conversation.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:01 AM 04-28-2021
Marcus Peters to the Rams.

The Chiefs had to play the Rams the subsequent season.

Well, now he's in Baltimore and the Chiefs have to deal with him yet again.

The Chiefs, by trading him in the 1st place, effectively made the Ravens better after making the Rams better.

By O.City's logic we never shoulda traded him in the first place because now they've made the Ravens better and the Chiefs have to deal with him maybe once or twice a year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 AM 04-28-2021
Miami traded left tackle Laremy Tunsil to the Texans in 2019
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:07 AM 04-28-2021
By O.City's logic we never shoulda traded him in the first place because now they've made the Ravens better and the Chiefs have to deal with him maybe once or twice a year.
NBA teams routinely trade not only good players but superstars nearly each and every season.

James Harden, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis are just a few superstars that have been traded in recent years.

And as the salary cap rises with the advent of the new broadcast rights contracts and the addition of gambling in 2025, we're going to see more and more NFL trades because teams will have far more cap space in which to makes these kinds of trades.

It's the future of the league.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 04-28-2021
Marcus Peters to the Rams.

The Chiefs had to play the Rams the subsequent season.

Well, now he's in Baltimore and the Chiefs have to deal with him yet again.

The Chiefs, by trading him in the 1st place, effectively made the Ravens better after making the Rams better.

Should the Chiefs have traded him to the Ravens?

They sent him to the Rams, a team in the NFC.

The Rams traded him to the Ravens, in teh AFC. My logic is that I wouldn't prefer to trade a guy to a team I'm gonna have to beat in the playoffs. But shit happens I guess so I'm way off here.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 192
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up