ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:35 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
As tight lipped as everyone was on the investigation, I find it very suspect. I don't consider myself a conspiracy guy but this one has an odor about it.

From the little amount of info coming out, I think the investigators were more interested in protecting Las Vegas more than anything.
And what was the result of this?

Trump's Bump Stock Ban.

So that could only mean one thing.

This was a false flag event perpetrated by Trump's Deep State so he could pass his anti-gun legislation.

I mean, that's how these fucking idiots would spin it if Obama were in office.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:38 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I remember getting in a debate with someone who said nothing will ever come out about motive and I was like stuff always comes out. Of course this is the one time nothing ever comes out.
I feel like in 2019 people come to expect an answer for every goddamn thing. We've become a spoiled society in that regard.

A lot of crimes go unsolved that we never hear about. Probably more than not if i had to guess. Just because we don't have an answer doesn't mean an answer doesn't exist, and for the paranoid, it doesn't mean there's a conspiracy.
[Reply]
bowener 01:07 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I feel like in 2019 people come to expect an answer for every goddamn thing. We've become a spoiled society in that regard.

A lot of crimes go unsolved that we never hear about. Probably more than not if i had to guess. Just because we don't have an answer doesn't mean an answer doesn't exist, and for the paranoid, it doesn't mean there's a conspiracy.
I think part of this can be traced to people conflating fact and opinion. I am disheartened by the number of people in society that think opinions have the same level of validity that a fact does. So of course people expect an answer immediately because they can find a million opinions about a single subject which they accept on equal ground as an actual fact.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:42 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
FBI has concluded its investigation and declares no clear motive...

https://apnews.com/00b90ac3e97a41c3b...ign=SocialFlow

This whole affair still seems sketchy to me.
Here is the thing sometimes - when crazy people get bored. They just do stuff. There doesn't have to be a clear motive. If there has ever been something that had chance of a cover up - it's this.

All of these cover up people sure give our government & police forces alot of credit. You know how many mouths you have to keep shut? How many people you have to pay off? And who even has that amount of gumption?

There was no cover up. Crazy guy shot from a window into a huge crowd of people. That is going to cause some damage.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:46 PM 01-29-2019
I have heard that the reason he was able to get all the crap up to his suite was because they let him use the freight elevators due to his high roller status, and that had he been forced to use the regular elevators he would have probably been busted.

I can't say for sure if that's true; heard it from one of my friends who goes to Vegas fairly often, though.

Quiet coverup certainly fits with the Vegas-covering-its-ass theory.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Here is the thing sometimes - when crazy people get bored. They just do stuff. There doesn't have to be a clear motive. If there has ever been something that had chance of a cover up - it's this.

All of these cover up people sure give our government & police forces alot of credit. You know how many mouths you have to keep shut? How many people you have to pay off? And who even has that amount of gumption?

There was no cover up. Crazy guy shot from a window into a huge crowd of people. That is going to cause some damage.
Reminds me of a video i saw on the news a few weeks back. Video catches a man minding his business, walking on the sidewalk when another man gets up off the bench and randomly pushes him into the street in front a trunk. Then the asshole just walks away like nothing happened while the gentleman was hospitalized and in critical condition.

Sometimes assholes just asshole. There isn't always a reason other than some people are fucked up in the head.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:01 PM 01-29-2019
There's a lot that doesnt make sense about the vegas shooting.

The thing I cant wrap my head around is the fact that the guy had a lot of disposable money, and was living what appeared to be, a pretty good life.

Even if the guy lost everything and got super-depressed - that typically leads to suicide, not mass murder.

But whatever......none of us will ever know all the facts on this one.
[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have heard that the reason he was able to get all the crap up to his suite was because they let him use the freight elevators due to his high roller status, and that had he been forced to use the regular elevators he would have probably been busted.

I can't say for sure if that's true; heard it from one of my friends who goes to Vegas fairly often, though.

I would imagine a lot of the higher ups and powers that be in vegas didn't really want investigators looking around too closely. There's so much damn money out there, i'm sure there is a lot of illegal shit that's overlooked. Some pretty big stuff.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:10 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
There's a lot that doesnt make sense about the vegas shooting.

The thing I cant wrap my head around is the fact that the guy had a lot of disposable money, and was living what appeared to be, a pretty good life.

Even if the guy lost everything and got super-depressed - that typically leads to suicide, not mass murder.

But whatever......none of us will ever know all the facts on this one.
Mass murder is the new suicide. I've been saying that since Columbine.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:12 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I think part of this can be traced to people conflating fact and opinion. I am disheartened by the number of people in society that think opinions have the same level of validity that a fact does. So of course people expect an answer immediately because they can find a million opinions about a single subject which they accept on equal ground as an actual fact.
Same can be said for fact vs speculation. Someone on TV speculates, someone hears it, then tells others without being clear it was speculation, all of a sudden, it becomes a fact.

Originally Posted by Frazod:

That was mentioned in the article DJLN linked.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:17 PM 01-29-2019
I think I'm gonna wait to form an opinion on this until I see what AJAKEsoterica has to say about all this.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:20 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I think I'm gonna wait to form an opinion on this until I see what AJAKEsoterica has to say about all this.
No horse collared shit right? CHRIS616 where art thou?
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
This is the prudent approach. He'll do the legwork.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:01 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Mass murder is the new suicide. I've been saying that since Columbine.
If you've been saying it that long it's not exactly "new" then is it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:02 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
This. People are willfully stupid now and proud of it. If you want to see how stupid people can be regarding statistics/mathematics, read any DC thread regarding polls. It’s amazing how ignorant people seemingly want to be, to the point of elevating their thoughts/opinions over the mathematics clearly delineated in the methodology.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Up