ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 3903
« First < 114164204210211212213214 2152162172182242643147141214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:25 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
All this old people hate is uncalled for. As long as they aren't behind the wheel of a moving vehicle I have no problem with them.
ok boomer

/s
[Reply]
synthesis2 01:26 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He's trolling...
Who?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:26 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Okay math........

330 million citizens
40% = 133 million citizens
1% death rate = 1.3 million dead

That aint happening dude.
So on the very low end 1.3M die in the next year.

That’s a fuck ton.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:28 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
All this old people hate is uncalled for. As long as they aren't behind the wheel of a moving vehicle I have no problem with them.
My post had nothing to do with personally hating the elderly....the government hates the elderly for pragmatic reasons.

Boomers can die though...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:28 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
There's no reason, based on the data to date, that that many Americans are going to get this.
I don’t think there’s any doubt about it — there will be that many that get it. There’s so many more right now that have it and don’t even know it.

We’re just slowing the spread by canceling the large gatherings, which is good for medical services. But we aren’t preventing the spread altogether.
[Reply]
Donger 01:29 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t think there’s any doubt about it — there will be that many that get it. There’s so many more right now that have it and don’t even know it.

We’re just slowing the spread by canceling the large gatherings, which is good for medical services. But we aren’t preventing the spread altogether.
Based on what data? Your gut?
[Reply]
Fish 01:30 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
I don’t think it’s being as insensitive as it is saying something like this . Better if the old/sick pass and the world continues to do well vs everyone is screwed.
Nah, that's definitely insensitive. Our options aren't binary. And the ease at which you'd sacrifice our older generation for the economy is a little troubling.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:30 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not only were the shelves bare when I was out shopping yesterday, I can't purchase toilet paper online from Costco, nor can I purchase pasta on Amazon, Target or Walmart, as they all state "Out of Stock".
if you need toilet paper check your local auto parts store. our o'reilly's is stocking it today
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:31 PM 03-13-2020
stick to the script Don.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:31 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
ok boomer

/s
I'm 32.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:31 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
if you need toilet paper check your local auto parts store. our o'reilly's is stocking it today
Or gas stations. That’s where I found some. In fact he was confused why I was buying multiple packs from him.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:32 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
As far as food goes, supply chain interruption is a concern. If someone at a processing plant or distributor were found to be infected. Hell even someone working at at a grocery store. Never know where it could pop up.
Not really. Someone making dry non-perishable food can hock a loogey on your food. By the time you get it the virus is dead. It's not going to survive from distribution channel to grocery store to you long enough.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:32 PM 03-13-2020
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but my opinion as to why this pandemic is being so heavily feared in comparison to ones in the past is because of the state of the US healthcare system.

Go to any ER prior to corona and you’re waiting 2-5 hours to be seen. Sprinkle this issue on top of an already shaky foundation and you have sheer chaos. All these efforts are being taken to prevent the system from toppling.

It isn’t so much that the virus is more aggressive than viruses in the past, but that our system is in no means capable to handle a virus like this in its current state.

That’s my $0.02.
[Reply]
synthesis2 01:34 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nah, that's definitely insensitive. Our options aren't binary. And the ease at which you'd sacrifice our older generation for the economy is a little troubling.
If the economy you mean that hundreds of thousands of families raising kids end up on the streets then guilty.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:34 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Based on what data? Your gut?
I don’t think it takes a scientist to understand that a bunch of people have the shit right now. They don’t even necessarily know it which means it’s being passed to others by them. And that cycle will just continue for a period of time.

The incubation period is too slow to keep it from spreading. But we can limit the quickness of it spreading by staying out of large crowds.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 3903
« First < 114164204210211212213214 2152162172182242643147141214 > Last »
Up