« First < 25657172737475 76777879 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:14 PM 01-24-2022
Would have had a TD but the shovel pass was just a bit high. Mahomes used to a taller Travis on that play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:19 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I like this tandem much better...
They ran McKinnon off the edges and Clyde up the middle. It’s exactly how they should’ve been using them all year but they were never both healthy.

They complement each other very well.

Definitely an encouraging performance both from Clyde AND the coaches. I really do think they were using him as their designated ‘outside zone’ guy because they just didn’t have anyone better suited for it, even if it wasn’t his strength.

With McKinnon able to challenge the edges and Clyde able to work the middle, it’s a really good pairing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:20 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They ran McKinnon off the edges and Clyde up the middle. It’s exactly how they should’ve been using them all year but they were never both healthy.

Definitely an encouraging performance both from Clyde AND the coaches. I really do think they were using him as their designated ‘outside zone’ guy because they just didn’t have anyone better suited for it, even if it wasn’t his strength.

With McKinnon able to challenge the edges and Clyde able to work the middle, it’s a really good pairing.
Gotta think that CEH is due for a big week with Ogunjobi out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:22 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
He's a very streaky player. He'll have really good quarter and completely lose his vision the next. It's odd to watch how inconsistent he is.
It’s usage.

His vision doesn’t go away - the coaches just try to run stretch plays that he doesn’t have the speed for so the gaps won’t open and all the ‘vision’ in the world doesn’t mean shit when he can force a gap or even get his shoulders square.

He’s a fine grinder back. Which is really what Veach said he was when we got him. We just didn’t have the right complement for him.

He’s more limited that we want a 1st round runner to be but I’m still not convinced this isn’t exactly what Veach knew he was getting.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 PM 01-24-2022

Amen brother, preach!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:49 PM 01-24-2022

Yes. They have figured out what each does best. Kind of like with Hardman as well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:58 PM 01-24-2022
It’s usage.

His vision doesn’t go away - the coaches just try to run stretch plays that he doesn’t have the speed for so the gaps won’t open and all the ‘vision’ in the world doesn’t mean shit when he can force a gap or even get his shoulders square.

He’s a fine grinder back. Which is really what Veach said he was when we got him. We just didn’t have the right complement for him.

He’s more limited that we want a 1st round runner to be but I’m still not convinced this isn’t exactly what Veach knew he was getting.
I mean, I want to agree with this. But keep in mind that we never put McKinnon on the field and even cut him. The only reason he got a look was out of sheer desperation. You also would think we’d have use the off-season to get more mckinnons instead of committing to Williams and gore. More likely, the chiefs wanted badly for ceh to be an all around RB and he just wasn’t. Usually Reid is good about flexing when we read it wrong. In this case we kind of lucked out.

In either event they seem to have figured it out at just the right time.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:27 PM 01-24-2022
Ceh found his burst
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:32 PM 01-24-2022
He's an 8.6 ypc JAG, I guess.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:32 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
McKinnon still the all around better back.
You could really tell on the play where he casually stepped out of bounds instead of making the catch.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:49 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's an 8.6 ypc JAG, I guess.
Props to Clyde for finally playing a great game but he was total shit before yesterday.

Only 3 games above 4 YPC in the regular season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:53 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Props to Clyde for finally playing a great game but he was total shit before yesterday.

Only 3 games above 4 YPC in the regular season.
And, yet, he averaged 4.3 for the season.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:54 PM 01-24-2022
H we definitely ran it better but on his second run in OT he reverted to his apparently normal way of running into his blockers instead of taking the big hole on the edge. The only benefit of the doubt I’ll give him though is maybe he was more focused on not fumbling at all costs and was happy to just get the two yards.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:57 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
H we definitely ran it better but on his second run in OT he reverted to his apparently normal way of running into his blockers instead of taking the big hole on the edge. The only benefit of the doubt I’ll give him though is maybe he was more focused on not fumbling at all costs and was happy to just get the two yards.
Agreed. He was probably too focused on ball security at that point and wasn't really going to do much to help. Agreed completely.

He wasn't, however, the RB who put the ball on the turf during this game.
[Reply]
Bump 10:12 PM 01-24-2022
are people trying to be like "told ya so" about CEH? He hasn't exactly looked that great and this was by far his best looking game yet.. GTFouttahere
[Reply]
Page 75 of 80
« First < 25657172737475 76777879 > Last »
Up