ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 295
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:15 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
The average career span for NFL running backs is around 2-3 years. We got reasonable worth from CEH, his positives outweigh his negatives by quite a bit.
Which is why unless it's the second coming of Jim Brown you can't spend a first rounder there. Shouldn't see that again. Agree he gave us decent value, just not first round, and hope he gets healthy and salvages his career.

Hey Zeb love the Woolworth's reference!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:16 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
How did we really make this bad of a pick in the first? It's mind bottling.
It bottles the mind
[Reply]
Bowser 03:16 PM 02-27-2023
Mahomes wanted him, and they listened to their Super Bowl MVP QB. Unfortunately. *somethingsomethingTee Higginssomething*

And to be fair, he hasn't been trash. He just hasn't lived up to his first round draft position, but how many first round RB's do?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 02-27-2023
Frankly I'm a little puzzled that I managed to talk myself into it.

It's right there alongside Trazelle Jenkins, Jon Baldwin and Sly Morris.

The only ones CLEARLY worse are Ryan Sims and Tyson Jackson but only because of how high they were taken. Jackson had a better career than BLEH will have.

It was just so awful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:19 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Mahomes wanted him, and they listened to their Super Bowl MVP QB. Unfortunately. *somethingsomethingTee Higginssomething*

And to be fair, he hasn't been trash. He just hasn't lived up to his first round draft position, but how many first round RB's do?
He has been trash.

Go find that 'yards blocked vs. yards gained' chart again. He's simply a bad runningback. He can't be used in the passing game because he can't pass block.

If he were a 5th round pick he'd be out of the league right now.
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Frankly I'm a little puzzled that I managed to talk myself into it.

It's right there alongside Trazelle Jenkins, Jon Baldwin and Sly Morris.

The only ones CLEARLY worse are Ryan Sims and Tyson Jackson but only because of how high they were taken. Jackson had a better career than BLEH will have.

It was just so awful.
Thankfully, I never caved I don't think, I may have though. I say alot of dumb shit on here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:19 PM 02-27-2023
Well he ain't gonna be a Chief next season.

I'd say there are coinflip odds that he ends up on the FA market by early summer.
You think so? I think they'd just soon enough keep him till his contract expires.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:

You answered your own question. It was just such a DOA situation because of the cost and position. It was doomed from the start.

Came apart in midair.
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 02-27-2023
He has been trash.

Go find that 'yards blocked vs. yards gained' chart again. He's simply a bad runningback. He can't be used in the passing game because he can't pass block.

I think you would have been a good RB in that offense at LSU to be fair. But man......it's just bad.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:22 PM 02-27-2023
Fresh off a SB win and when you looked at the roster, we had something like 20 of our 22 players returning. And at the time, the only glaring hole was at RB and it was the only position group you looked at and went, "dan we could use some talent there". It was a luxury pick.

You basically looked at the roster and said, "we're loaded. A sick RB would top this team off...Oh look, here's one".

It just didn't work out.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:24 PM 02-27-2023
Everyone wants to look at shit in hindsight. "BUT TEE HIGGENS".

We had Hill/Watkins/Hardman at the time....

Higgens woulda been nice, sure, but the mindset was on enhancing the team we had to #Runitback
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:26 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You think so? I think they'd just soon enough keep him till his contract expires.
I think he'll make the roster through at least camp, but I could be wrong. They'll definitely bring in competition through the draft etc., but I assume they'll give him a chance. I could also see a trade. But I don't see the advantage in simply releasing him, unless others are better.

Whatever happens, I'm sure Veach will do the right thing, which is awesome.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:31 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think he'll make the roster through at least camp, but I could be wrong. They'll definitely bring in competition through the draft etc., but I assume they'll give him a chance. I could also see a trade. But I don't see the advantage in simply releasing him, unless others are better.

Whatever happens, I'm sure Veach will do the right thing, which is awesome.
Veach gonna flip him to the Ders for a 6er and a large pepperoni pizza.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:32 PM 02-27-2023
He has been trash.

I have no argument against this. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, apparently.

He's had his moments. Maybe that's a better way of putting it.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:32 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Everyone wants to look at shit in hindsight. "BUT TEE HIGGENS".

We had Hill/Watkins/Hardman at the time....

Higgens woulda been nice, sure, but the mindsight was on enhancing the team we had to #Runitback
It's a good point, but there were enough backs in that draft of similar quality to get that done in the 2nd. I'd like to think it was the Mahomes factor cause otherwise you can never rationalize it.
[Reply]
Page 275 of 295
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Up