ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 359 of 469
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360361362363369409459 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:41 AM 08-24-2022
Everybody's favorite slugger, Vincent Joseph Pasquantino, is now on the IL with a shoulder injury he sustained just by swinging at a pitch.

Originally Posted by :
On an 0-2 count against White Sox reliever Vince Velasquez, Pasquantino swung at a slider on the inside part of the plate and grimaced right away while hunched over in pain as the ball traveled to center field.

The Royals announced that Pasquantino left the game with right shoulder discomfort, and he landed on the 10-day injured list Tuesday with the same diagnosis.
VP himself doesn't seem too concerned:
Originally Posted by :
“Just a little bit of pain in the shoulder,” Pasquantino said after Monday's game. “That’s really it. I’ve felt similar things before in the past, which makes me not worried about it. We’re just going to make sure it’s right and get back in there as soon as possible.”
https://www.mlb.com/news/vinnie-pasq...houlder-injury
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:04 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So, not even accounting for who the players even are. Why would a team who is selling acquire an MLB reliever for a starting 3B? To do what? You arent going to the playoffs. We arent talking about selling a 3B and getting a AA reliever prospect. Its almost like they were confused they were supposed to be buyers.
Because they didn't consider Rivera a starting 3B. And frankly, I agreed -- I suspect he'll be Cheslor Cuthbert II. So far, that makes me and the Royals look bad. But we'll see. It's early.

I didn't have a problem trading Rivera. I thought Weaver was an odd return, though -- a 29-year-old with one more season of control left. And he's definitely not holding up his end of the deal.

It absolutely could go down as a one-sided trade. But I seriously doubt it will be one of the all-time worst in MLB history. That's a pretty high standard.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:16 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Because they didn't consider Rivera a starting 3B. And frankly, I agreed -- I suspect he'll be Cheslor Cuthbert II. So far, that makes me and the Royals look bad. But we'll see. It's early.

I didn't have a problem trading Rivera. I thought Weaver was an odd return, though -- a 29-year-old with one more season of control left. And he's definitely not holding up his end of the deal.

It absolutely could go down as a one-sided trade. But I seriously doubt it will be one of the all-time worst in MLB history. That's a pretty high standard.
We traded a turd for a turd.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:17 PM 08-24-2022

And taking this one step farther, it's about what you can maximize on return. Yes Rivera could have brought on some really low end lottery ticket. But the Royals were likely thinking that if Weaver can find a home in the bullpen and play to what his Xfip was, then we can flip him at next year's deadline for far more than what a guy with a negative UZR and wRC would fetch.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:25 PM 08-24-2022
BWillie is just an absolute dumb shit.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:03 PM 08-24-2022
The first place team in my cash NL only fantasy baseball league acquired Emmanuel Rivera. BWillie might have a real grievance.

2. Claim Group
Longoria, Evan (3B) Already acquired by Border Collies
Rivera, Emmanuel (3B) Player awarded. Released: Luis Urias
Finnegan, Kyle (P) Already acquired by ABeeZees BL 1 NL
Madrigal, Nick (2B) Contingent claim cancelled.

That first place team is me :-)
[Reply]
myselff77 01:23 PM 08-24-2022
So, not even accounting for who the players even are. Why would a team who is selling acquire an MLB reliever for a starting 3B? To do what? You arent going to the playoffs. We arent talking about selling a 3B and getting a AA reliever prospect. Its almost like they were confused they were supposed to be buyers.
It's almost as if they see a log jam at 3rd base. Could be an indicator they see BWJ at third next year. Monndesi likely slated as the opening day starter at SS then Lopez taking over after game 2 when Mondesi is placed on IL for the rest of the year. Dozier's contract puts him as the backup 3B when Witt sits a night. So, at that point, you take what you can for a player who is not part of your immediate future.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:31 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
It's almost as if they see a log jam at 3rd base. Could be an indicator they see BWJ at third next year. Monndesi likely slated as the opening day starter at SS then Lopez taking over after game 2 when Mondesi is placed on IL for the rest of the year. Dozier's contract puts him as the backup 3B when Witt sits a night. So, at that point, you take what you can for a player who is not part of your immediate future.
I think it's more of a logjam at SS. Witt's defense at SS has been poor, they can move him to 3B to plug that hole and still have Lopez, Garcia and (gulp) Mondesi in the mix at SS.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:47 PM 08-24-2022
Emmanuel Rivera is a 40FV prospect according to fangraphs. He is rated the 25th best player in the DBacks system, and that excludes the vast majority of their major leaguers.

They have his hit tool at 50 (out of 80, although 70 is the highest you'll probably ever see) and they say it is maxed out at 50/50. Game power maxed out at 45/45. Raw power maxed out at 50/50. Speed maxed out at 30/30. Fielding maxed out at 50/50. Overall FV (future value) is 40, which is a replacement level player.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/em...ts?position=3B

It wasn't the worst trade of all time, BWillie. It was closer to the most inconsequential trade of all time, Rivera's hot streak notwithstanding. That said, I hope I am dead wrong and he is the next George Brett, because I'm trying to hang onto 1st in that league bro.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:37 PM 08-24-2022
It's a move that doesn't make any sense, really.

At the time of the trade, Weaver (who was once rated as a 55 FV prospect as a starting pitcher despite being a small RHP with a great changeup and no breaking ball) had completely burned any value he had.

If they had traded Rivera for a MEH prospect who didn't need to be on the 40-man roster, I would have gotten it.

I know Weaver had recently been transitioned to the pen, so maybe the thought was he has 2 more years of control and has been really good in the pen, and that's more value than 4 years of a replacement level (AAAA) guy.

It was a trade that didn't really make sense. I think the Royals have long liked/coveted Weaver, saw an opportunity to get him cheap, and believed he would either be a great bullpen piece or that they could fix him.

But at the end of the day, Emmanuel Rivera is not close to good enough for this to be a "worst trade ever" discussion. It's just not a good one.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:44 PM 08-24-2022
I think it's more of a logjam at SS. Witt's defense at SS has been poor, they can move him to 3B to plug that hole and still have Lopez, Garcia and (gulp) Mondesi in the mix at SS.
With his arm and range, I'm not done with Witt Jr. at SS. His greatest potential impact/upside are definitely there. I'd like to see what he could do with a better emphasis on fundamentals and consistency.

Which is what even big league players need at a position. It's muscle memory and instinct and habit you need to be your best at a position.

I'd like to see them just tell Witt he's their SS in 2023 and roll with it and see if it helps with those things. It generally does, especially if reinforced by training and practice and coaching.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:19 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With his arm and range, I'm not done with Witt Jr. at SS. His greatest potential impact/upside are definitely there. I'd like to see what he could do with a better emphasis on fundamentals and consistency.

Which is what even big league players need at a position. It's muscle memory and instinct and habit you need to be your best at a position.

I'd like to see them just tell Witt he's their SS in 2023 and roll with it and see if it helps with those things. It generally does, especially if reinforced by training and practice and coaching.
They arent moving BWJ off shortstop. That will not happen.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:35 PM 08-24-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
They arent moving BWJ off shortstop. That will not happen.
They shouldn't until it proves necessary. I'm by no means ready to give up on it. Especially when his defense has been universally viewed as plus until he started playing for a manager whose teams consistently have had issues with fundamental defensive items...
[Reply]
kstater 04:13 PM 08-24-2022
Grienke and Staumant to the DL. Not a surprise. Sucks cause I was hoping to see him Saturday

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:13 PM 08-24-2022

Royals Place Zack Greinke, Josh Staumont On Injured List https://t.co/wYqlD8qnVD pic.twitter.com/66s2zEh9dg

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) August 24, 2022

[Reply]
Page 359 of 469
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360361362363369409459 > Last »
Up