ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Who gives a **** about not signing a 45 year old free agent?
come on man don’t be a dick. We all get old. He should sign his one day contract, put on the red jacket and stay off the baseball field. But, we ain’t him.

Anyone else, your response would be on spot but not the baseball player who had the best 11 years of any player ever and did that in a Cardinal uniform.
[Reply]
Matrix 09:28 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Pujols is now bad at baseball. When he realizes that and wants to sign a 1 day contract and retire, I’m sure the Cards would be willing.
Matt FUCKING Carpenter is ten times worse. With this news and David Perron being put on the COVID list, words can't describe how LIVID I am.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:50 PM 05-15-2021
Matt Carpenter is now the Cardinals newest relief pitcher.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:13 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
come on man don’t be a dick. We all get old. He should sign his one day contract, put on the red jacket and stay off the baseball field. But, we ain’t him.

Anyone else, your response would be on spot but not the baseball player who had the best 11 years of any player ever and did that in a Cardinal uniform.
Give him a ceremonial contract when his playing days are done, sure. The problem is he wants to continue playing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Give him a ceremonial contract when his playing days are done, sure. The problem is he wants to continue playing.
I agree. He has no full time player gas left in the tank. He wants full time, no room at the inn here.

But............... We lost by one run on Friday. Carp came up twice with men in scoring position. He's hitting .115. Maybe the worst in baseball. Carp is costing us wins and still is getting AB's after 2 years of this "slump". I was hoping that if we brought in Pujols, we could finally get Carp out of the line up. That way Puljos immediately makes this team better.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:27 AM 05-16-2021
I agree. He has no full time player gas left in the tank. He wants full time, no room at the inn here.

But............... We lost by one run on Friday. Carp came up twice with men in scoring position. He's hitting .115. Maybe the worst in baseball. Carp is costing us wins and still is getting AB's after 2 years of this "slump". I was hoping that if we brought in Pujols, we could finally get Carp out of the line up. That way Puljos immediately makes this team better.
Where does Pujols play? At least Carpenter can be plugged into a few different spots. Pujols plays once every other week for Goldschmidt and pinch hits, that’s it. It never made sense.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:57 PM 05-16-2021
This pitching staff has had a terrible series against a shell of the real Padres team. No way we should have lost this series, let alone the possibility of being swept.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:45 PM 05-17-2021
Albert is a Dodger.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:40 PM 05-21-2021

I am curious about what you guys think about this. Is Rich accurate in this rant about cheating in baseball?
I don't watch much baseball so I have no idea whether or not this is accurate. Rich is generally pretty good though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

I am curious about what you guys think about this. Is Rich accurate in this rant about cheating in baseball?
I don't watch much baseball so I have no idea whether or not this is accurate. Rich is generally pretty good though.
Even I noticed all these sliders from JAG’s with HOF movement now. I guess it’s if everyone is allowed to do it, no one snitches on anyone. There are no innocent teams. If anyone has bitched, it’s not public.

It hurts the fans and the game. Baseball needs more offense. Allowing pitchers to cheat to decrease offense ain’t good for the game. Even it’s a level cheat field for all teams.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:11 PM 05-21-2021
Even I noticed all these sliders from JAG’s with HOF movement now. I guess it’s if everyone is allowed to do it, no one snitches on anyone. There are no innocent teams. If anyone has bitched, it’s not public.

It hurts the fans and the game. Baseball needs more offense. Allowing pitchers to cheat to decrease offense ain’t good for the game. Even it’s a level cheat field for all teams.
Cheating is cheating and it is not good for players, teams, or fans. The league should probably put an end to this situation. This type of stuff after the Astros and Covid is not good for baseball.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 PM 05-21-2021
God they are shitting themselves tonight. 12 to fucking 3. And of course I’m at a bar full of fucking Cub fans.

:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 04:09 AM 05-22-2021
Wtf happened? It was 3-3 when I fell asleep.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Wtf happened? It was 3-3 when I fell asleep.
Game momentum got away from them when Molina popped out. The Crowd sounded like a full stadium got going, standing and cheering, yelling, bases loaded, 1 out.... felt like pre-Covid and then that game changing moment was lost.

Then a inning or two later Webb gave up the game. I don't understand why he is still getting a chance in close games. He obviously is not right. Send him down to figure out whatever it is he needs to figure out.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:21 PM 05-23-2021
Why do these guys have some sort of mental block against the Cubs.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up