5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:01 PM 09-28-2021
I am all for blown leads if they give Salvy more AB's at this point.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:09 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
They are gonna give it to Ohtani
Probably.

And it’s impressive what he’s done. His average sucks, but he hits for power as a DH and is a really good starting pitcher. But what has he really done for his team? If you take away Ohtani, what is the Angels record? Are they markedly worse? I’m not convinced they would be.

I’d actually give the MVP to one of the Jays (Vlad or Simien). Their team is surging at the right time and those two are the main reason they’re in a playoff push. Take away Ohtani, and Vlad Jr. probably gets the MVP.

What Salvy has done this year is amazing for the Royals, but he will likely finish 4th, behind the other 3 mentioned. Still, that doesn’t take away from the year he’s had.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:12 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
He should at least be mentioned in discussions more. Guy leads the league in HRs and RBIs. Doesn't have the Ks that Ohtani has. A very respectable average.

I'd still vote Ohtani, but Salvy's having his career year in a HOF career. Can't say that about Semien, who seems to be behind Vlad Jr for runner-up in discussions.
He should no doubt. If he played for a bigger market, he probably gets more recognition. He is one of my favorite all time Royals, but even right now I couldn't put him higher than third in MVP voting. Ohtani will get it because of what he's done as a combined hitter/pitcher. If not for that it would have to be Vlad Jr who is near the lead in almost every significant hitting category this year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:31 PM 09-28-2021
Royals bullpen blows the lead, but Nicky gets it right back.

Royals up 6-4 going to the 9th. Would be nice to finally get another win against these Cleveland fuckers!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:36 PM 09-28-2021
Royals win!

Fuck Cleveland!!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:41 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
I remember a bang-bang play involving Bo Jackson and the Cleveland Indians at home plate. The Cleveland announcer call was awesome, something along the lines of "Bo's rounding third, here's the throw, 1st down!", with the latter remark coming after Bo barreled over the catcher like he was in a short yardage situation. I wonder who did that call. It's possible that it was Hamilton, but that would have been very early in his career.
I only remember Herb Score being the sidekick in the booth that far back.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:44 PM 09-28-2021
Before this season everyone wanted Lopez to never see a MLB Field. Now after 2021 no one wants to see him on the bench and he’s a important piece in our franchise. Wtf happened to him
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:00 PM 09-28-2021
LA Dodgers a wildcard with 100+ wins.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Salvy needs to and should win MVP this year
No he should not. He should not even be in the conversation, at all.

He is 106th in WAR according to Fangraphs. Whit and Lopez are both ahead of him in WAR.

BUT - lolll they care about pitch framing. What a bunch of losers.

He's still 20th on ESPN WAR that doesn't go crazy on pitch framing.

Great year but noooo where near being in the conversation for MVP. Juan Soto should win the MVP IMO. The best MLB hitter we've seen in over a decade. Yes, a better hitter than Mike Trout. JUAN FUCKING SOTO.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:21 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
LA Dodgers a wildcard with 100+ wins.
If they lose that WC game to the Cards :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Before this season everyone wanted Lopez to never see a MLB Field. Now after 2021 no one wants to see him on the bench and he’s a important piece in our franchise. Wtf happened to him
He's one of those no talent try hard guys like Adam Eaton. Little shits who just keep on toiling away.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:25 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If they lose that WC game to the Cards :-)
Exactly. I know we benefited from that WC game in 14. But overall, a 1 game playoff for a 100+ win team is just not right.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:41 PM 09-28-2021
Looks like the absolute lowest the Royals could be drafting next year in 8th.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:33 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's one of those no talent try hard guys like Adam Eaton. Little shits who just keep on toiling away.
I've seen a lot of stupid post before and this one rates right up there with the best of them. Nicky has always had the talent, especially in defense. His hitting was expected to be average at best until he worked/willed himself to get better. He is in/around top 5 in hitting average, bunts well and does a good job of hitting to all fields to move runners, plus can steal bases.

FTR, he is among the best in fielding pct, a very good chance to be a Gold Glover. That within itself has to have talent, you just can't be toiling away to be considered with the best.

It would not surprise me the least if he is our starting SS next year.

Yes, all of this and in your opinion, no talent. You remind me of the atheist/cowboy joke sitting on an airplane!
[Reply]
tk13 11:33 PM 09-28-2021
Don't look now but the Mariners are a half game out of a wild card spot too. Longest current playoff drought in pro sports.

Also, if they make it the Royals will be back into the top 5 for longest MLB playoff droughts. Technically now they're just tied for it. Shows just how much the wildcard changed the game.
[Reply]
Page 408 of 440
« First < 308358398404405406407408 409410411412418 > Last »
Up