5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:37 AM 07-27-2021
I get the temptation, but don’t do it Dayton!!
[Reply]
tk13 11:44 AM 07-27-2021
Just think, if you could move Pratto to RF, trade Whit for Taylor Trammell, pull off the trade for Hosmer.

2B Mondesi
LF Hassell
SS Witt
RF Pratto
DH Perez
1B Hosmer
C Melendez
3B Dozier (or FA)
CF Trammell

Get it done Dayton! :-)
[Reply]
nychief 11:55 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Just think, if you could move Pratto to RF, trade Whit for Taylor Trammell, pull off the trade for Hosmer.

2B Mondesi
LF Hassell
SS Witt
RF Pratto
DH Perez
1B Hosmer
C Melendez
3B Dozier (or FA)
CF Trammell

Pratto is GGer at first apparently... and Hosmer sucks at baseball. Let it die.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 AM 07-27-2021

2B Mondesi
LF Hassell
SS Witt
RF Pratto
DH Perez
1B Hosmer
C Melendez
3B Dozier (or FA)
CF Trammell

Pratto is so good at 1st though.

I know it's what the rumor is, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance that the Padres trade a top 50 prospect to get rid of Eric Hosmers contract. I think it's even more unlikely because he is about to get cheap. I think it's a pipe dream for some team and the Padres will tell other teams to get fucked.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:59 AM 07-27-2021
If Hosmer wanted to be here he could have told Boras to deal with GMDM when he was a free agent. He wants to play in California or Florida. He's not coming back to KC.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:14 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I get the temptation, but don’t do it Dayton!!
I doubt it happens, but if it brings back a top prospect from the Padres organization in return then why not?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:16 PM 07-27-2021

2B Mondesi
LF Hassell
SS Witt
RF Pratto
DH Perez
1B Hosmer
C Melendez
3B Dozier (or FA)
CF Trammell

I get the temptation, but I hate sacrificing Pratto's defense at 1B for a downgrade while also downgrading the defense in the vast expanses of the K's outfield. In the end nothing will stop Dayton if he wants it to happen, but that is a lot of worlds to move on behalf of Hosmer, whose at bat and defense have declined with age exactly as anticipated.

But it would also be a massive PR win at a time the Royals need one, and I absolutely can see Dayton doing it, so we'll see. I just don't like the idea of doing this to Pratto when he's on the cusp with the year he's having in the minors.
[Reply]
tk13 12:23 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I get the temptation, but I hate sacrificing Pratto's defense at 1B for a downgrade while also downgrading the defense in the vast expanses of the K's outfield. In the end nothing will stop Dayton if he wants it to happen, but that is a lot of worlds to move on behalf of Hosmer, whose at bat and defense have declined with age exactly as anticipated.

But it would also be a massive PR win at a time the Royals need one, and I absolutely can see Dayton doing it, so we'll see. I just don't like the idea of doing this to Pratto when he's on the cusp with the year he's having in the minors.
Yeah I don't think it'll happen at all because the Royals won't take on the money, but we really don't know how Sherman will operate yet.

Plus Dayton values defense, which is something I give him a lot of credit for. People underrate it, even guys like Michael Taylor, if you watch him play in person you can see why Dayton liked him. He's very, very good out there in CF. He really is the type of defender you want playing at the K.
[Reply]
tk13 12:41 PM 07-27-2021
Cue video of Dayton Moore strutting around the internet acting like he's the man.

It's indeed an elbow problem that's holding up top Mets pick Kumar Rocker's signing, a source confirms. GM Zack Scott offered a no-comment when asked yesterday. Mets still have four days to sign Rocker anyway at the agreed $6 million, renegotiate the deal, or forfeit the pick.

— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) July 27, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:45 PM 07-27-2021
Cue video of Dayton Moore strutting around the internet acting like he's the man.

Man. That's crazy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:53 PM 07-27-2021

He’ll be offering a prayer for his doubters from the press box.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:01 PM 07-27-2021
Trammel has K in 75 of his 156 AB for Seattle.

In that sense, he’s a perfect fit for our lineup.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:08 PM 07-27-2021
Honestly with as much as the Pads are willing to give up, I'd be willing to take Hosmer. I imagine they would want us to take on x amt of his salary so that is essentially us buying more prospects. Maybe throw in someone like Barlow and see what happens.

I'm sure you can manipulate the lineup post Soler to give Hosmer DH and 1B at bats of 300 or so. Sell some jerseys and get prospects out of the deal while laughing that the Padres are paying most of the salary.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:12 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Honestly with as much as the Pads are willing to give up, I'd be willing to take Hosmer. I imagine they would want us to take on x amt of his salary so that is essentially us buying more prospects. Maybe throw in someone like Barlow and see what happens.

I'm sure you can manipulate the lineup post Soler to give Hosmer DH and 1B at bats of 300 or so. Sell some jerseys and get prospects out of the deal while laughing that the Padres are paying most of the salary.
The rumor is that they’ll give up a prospect so valuable in exchange for the destination team eating Hosmer’s full salary. It’d make it much harder to part with Hos, not that GMDM would want to.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:31 PM 07-27-2021
Eric Fucking Hosmer?!

Oh for fuckssake.

NO. Just no.
[Reply]
Page 276 of 440
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 > Last »
Up