5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 08:56 PM 07-26-2021
6 games winning streak because fuck you that why.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:19 PM 07-26-2021
winning is fun...the players sure like it
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:29 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I like this winning ...... But but but, what good is it doing now?

Not going to play their way back into playoff contention.
They aren't going to lose 64 straight games to end the season.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:34 PM 07-26-2021
more fun to win games than drafting 3 or 4
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:43 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
They aren't going to lose 64 straight games to end the season.
:-)

Look, I'm not a damn idiot here. To be fair, you don't know me well cuz I'm one of the biggest Royals fan on this BB. Do I want them to win, hell yeah!

Putting this straight out for you to understand, I do not like Mike Matheny, nor wanted, nor do I want him to continue to be our Manager.

I want GMDM to make some solid decisions on our roster. This year is a wash, we have kids in the minors that will be here very soon. Again, I want no part of Matheny's involvement.

As for your comment, There isn't anybody on the face of the earth that would expect the Royals, Orioles, Diamonbacks, or any MLB team having a bad year to lose 64 games straight!
[Reply]
poolboy 09:51 PM 07-26-2021
Benny was and is a solid signing.....Santana too... lets go
[Reply]
tk13 10:27 PM 07-26-2021
If you want to make some good money tomorrow, put a few bucks on "Javy Baez, HBP in first at-bat"

One pitch.

Hit. My. Music.#GoCubsGo #ImLikeThat pic.twitter.com/RW2NCj5AFY

— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) July 27, 2021

[Reply]
tk13 10:39 PM 07-26-2021
Was this posted in the thread? I totally missed this. Rocker went in for his physical this weekend and was expected to sign, but it's been a few days now and that still hasn't happened. Creating speculation something is up with him.

GM Zack Scott offered no comment on Kumar Rocker, the Mets' lone unsigned draft pick. Rocker was at Citi Field last week for a physical, per sources, but his deal isn't official yet. Scott says he won't discuss Rocker's situation until after the Aug. 1 signing deadline.

— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) July 26, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 12:27 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
If you want to make some good money tomorrow, put a few bucks on "Javy Baez, HBP in first at-bat"

What's the story with this? Bad blood from earlier in the game or season, or is Baez just a colossal douche?
[Reply]
tk13 12:34 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What's the story with this? Bad blood from earlier in the game or season, or is Baez just a colossal douche?
They got into it during a bench clearing incident earlier in the year, so it was bad blood. Garrett was also the pitcher who ran into the Pirates dugout to start an all-out fight a few years ago. So they both a history of having an attitude on the field.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:36 AM 07-27-2021
Was this posted in the thread? I totally missed this. Rocker went in for his physical this weekend and was expected to sign, but it's been a few days now and that still hasn't happened. Creating speculation something is up with him.

Dayton is preparing his annual prayer for his doubters with humble satisfaction.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:59 AM 07-27-2021
So the Padres are trying to trade Hosmer.

Of course, the Royals come up as a potential destination. He's about to hit the "cheap" portion of his contract (owed $20M in 22, then $13M/year in 23, 24, 25).

The Padres know they will have to include cash and prospects to make it work.

The questions are:

1) If it's a straight prospect pay-off, how good does the prospect have to be in your mind? (top 50, top 100, etc.)

2) It's a straight cash pay-off, how much of the contract do you tell them to eat before you consider it?

Pretend you're not a Royals fan, just a fan of random team.

With $49M still owed, I'd think you would need $25M at least if it's straight cash.

I don't see any way it works for KC with the proximity of Pratto, Perez's age (and success DHing more often this year), and Carlos Santana under contract for another year.

But some team out there with deep pockets and some creativity at the beginning of their rebuild should jump on it, though. Nice opportunity to boost your farm.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:18 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So the Padres are trying to trade Hosmer.

Of course, the Royals come up as a potential destination. He's about to hit the "cheap" portion of his contract (owed $20M in 22, then $13M/year in 23, 24, 25).

The Padres know they will have to include cash and prospects to make it work.

The questions are:

1) If it's a straight prospect pay-off, how good does the prospect have to be in your mind? (top 50, top 100, etc.)

2) It's a straight cash pay-off, how much of the contract do you tell them to eat before you consider it?

Pretend you're not a Royals fan, just a fan of random team.

With $49M still owed, I'd think you would need $25M at least if it's straight cash.

I don't see any way it works for KC with the proximity of Pratto, Perez's age (and success DHing more often this year), and Carlos Santana under contract for another year.

But some team out there with deep pockets and some creativity at the beginning of their rebuild should jump on it, though. Nice opportunity to boost your farm.
I appreciate what Hosmer did for KC, but don't want him back under any scenario. He would just be blocking someone else (Santana, Salvy and at some point, Pratto) as you stated.

Wouldn't it be $59 million still owed?

But as a fan of a random team, if I was interested in pursuing this, I would need $25 mil. of that covered minimum and a Top 100 prospect. If they aren't willing to do at least that, I'm not even listening. Hosmer doesn't provide enough offense at a position you really need that coming from, so he's a liability at this point on your team (not withstanding his occasional 'streaky' hitting when he gets hot). Hosmer's contract is an albatross, kind of like Ian Kennedy's with the Royals the last few years. It may not be a huge albatross, but it's still there. Padres will have to really sweeten the pot to get a deal done and get someone to take on that contract.

Edit: But now that I type all that out and remember how much Dayton supposedly loved Hosmer, he'll probably trade for him. :-)
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:20 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I appreciate what Hosmer did for KC, but don't want him back under any scenario. He would just be blocking someone else (Santana, Salvy and at some point, Pratto) as you stated.

Edit: But now that I type all that out and remember how much Dayton supposedly loved Hosmer, he'll probably trade for him. :-)
LOL, I was just about to type this out. DM will probably send them prospects and take on all salary.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:24 AM 07-27-2021

That was fucking awesome
[Reply]
Page 274 of 440
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284324374 > Last »
Up