5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:40 PM 07-25-2021
Padres twitter in mass celebration at the apparent end of the Hosmer era.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:59 PM 07-25-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Also huge move by the Padres tonight. They traded for Pirates 2B Adam Frazier, who is a really good hitter.

The Padres can now move Jake Cronenworth from 2B to 1B and have an entire infield of All-Stars from this year. The question is, what happens to Hosmer?
I've seen some speculation that Frazier make play some OF because Profar and Myers aren't exactly awesome out there.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:41 PM 07-25-2021
Doug Eddings umped a game so badly yesterday he's trending on Twitter. The Padres Broadcast made ALL of their "plays of the game" video of his calls and said he was the reason "the fans came to the ballpark".

https://streamable.com/7qobaj
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:09 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've seen some speculation that Frazier make play some OF because Profar and Myers aren't exactly awesome out there.

Profar is the biggest loser, IMO. But Hosmer will sit more now unless he goes on one of his white hot streaks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:16 AM 07-26-2021
Re: These Merrifield to the Mariners rumors...

That's a team with a pretty deep farm system with a lot of guys of value close to the majors. I could see that actually working.

Julio Rodriguez, Jarred Kelenic, George Kirby, and Emerson Hancock are off the table. Noelvi Marte should be (I can't imagine the Mariners would consider it, and he's at High-A, but he's so good you jump at it if they're willing to do it, even straight-up).

But I could see something like Taylor Trammell (who is a very, very Royals player - incredible tools, could play a good CF at the K) + Brandon Williamson (big lefty P at AA with good strikeout numbers) or Zach DeLoach (all-around OF at AA, college guy with good blend of average/power/obp).
[Reply]
Valiant 09:58 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Re: These Merrifield to the Mariners rumors...

That's a team with a pretty deep farm system with a lot of guys of value close to the majors. I could see that actually working.

Julio Rodriguez, Jarred Kelenic, George Kirby, and Emerson Hancock are off the table. Noelvi Marte should be (I can't imagine the Mariners would consider it, and he's at High-A, but he's so good you jump at it if they're willing to do it, even straight-up).

But I could see something like Taylor Trammell (who is a very, very Royals player - incredible tools, could play a good CF at the K) + Brandon Williamson (big lefty P at AA with good strikeout numbers) or Zach DeLoach (all-around OF at AA, college guy with good blend of average/power/obp).
I am probably selfish, but I am not sure they are enough for Witt. He is a legit all-star, cheap contract, should have a five years or more left at his style.

Hopefully we get more from someone.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:58 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I am probably selfish, but I am not sure they are enough for Witt. He is a legit all-star, cheap contract, should have a five years or more left at his style.

Who has now came out of his prime and already slowing down productivity-wise.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:50 PM 07-26-2021
When you extrapolate Whit's WAR based on Baseball Reference he should finish the year with a 3.5-4.0 WAR. Since
June 1st he has a .296 BA and .755 OPS. Hell, May is the reason his stats don't look too great. In the month of May he had a .230 BA and .656 OPS.

All players have a cold spell and by the time the season is over Whit is gonna have himself a normal Whit year.

You are right though that he is technically out of his prime and he's already 32 years old. He has a pretty affordable contract, but that doesn't really add as much value when the player is 32 and a half years old already.
[Reply]
tk13 01:01 PM 07-26-2021
Yeah if you go off Twitter and message boards fans across the league all think it's Whit for someone like Taylor Trammell and a couple other smaller pieces, especially since the Mariners have too many OF prospects and he's the kind of raw talent Dayton would like. He's a former top 100 prospect but he does strike out a ton.
[Reply]
nychief 01:05 PM 07-26-2021
The Royals have had a good week.... Dayton will not trade Whit, then we will go 0-for-August.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:18 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:

It's fair/reasonable. It's likely the Royals would view Trammell similarly to still being a top 50 prospect. Kind of like Alcides Escobar/Greinke trade.

But I don't think it's a "blow away" offer. Not sure it would be enough for KC/Moore to pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah if you go off Twitter and message boards fans across the league all think it's Whit for someone like Taylor Trammell and a couple other smaller pieces, especially since the Mariners have too many OF prospects and he's the kind of raw talent Dayton would like. He's a former top 100 prospect but he does strike out a ton.
All would come down to KC's eval of him.

I'm not sure it's quite enough, even with them lowering their asking price for Merrifield, to make it happen.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:39 PM 07-26-2021
Whit's contract is damn cheap. This year he is at 6.5 million. Next year is 2.75 million and he has a club option for 2023 for 6.5.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:41 PM 07-26-2021
I’d like for whit to go somewhere relevant and maybe win something. He ain’t winning shit in KC.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:20 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Whit's contract is damn cheap. This year he is at 6.5 million. Next year is 2.75 million and he has a club option for 2023 for 6.5.
He's a similar player to Zobrist in that he gives good value no matter where you plug him in. So he'd be a great fit for many teams in the hunt, not just the few that need a 2b or a RF'er or whatever. He has so much versatility that the market is pretty much any\every team being buyers.

Kind of why many were pissed 2 seasons back when he was not traded at his absolute peak when we knew the team was going to suck for years to come. Obviously, it's easy to sit here and say he should have been traded, but if the offers weren't there then they weren't there.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:35 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Who has now came out of his prime and already slowing down productivity-wise.
I think that is more team related. You put him on a playoff team and I feel like he exceeds prior records.

I think he has 4 to 5 years left.
[Reply]
Page 271 of 440
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371 > Last »
Up