6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:48 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
I wonder if Leiter is related to Al Leiter?

He is his son.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02-20-2021, 09:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Rasputin.
KChiefs1 09:20 PM 02-20-2021
Jack Leiter isn’t quite as imposing as Kumar Rocker, but at 6-1, 205lbs he brings his own impressive athletic pedigree (he’s the son of MLB star Al Leiter) and daunting pitching skills into the season. Leiter has a very capable fastball that touches the mid-90s. He also has a wicked curveball, an effective slider, and a good changeup that he’s rarely needed.

In just 4 appearances in college baseball, Leiter has been nearly unhittable. He was 2-0 with a 1.72 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 15 2/3 innings before the 2020 season was interrupted. Outside of his lack of collegiate experience, everything about Leiter is impressive. Jim Callis named Athletics and Reds ace Sonny Gray — a former Vandy standout — as a fair comparison to Leiter.

Is it possible that Rocker and Leiter could go No. 1 and No. 2 overall in the 2021 MLB Draft?

“Yeah, they could,” said Callis, a noted draft expert after spending two decades at Baseball America. “I mean, it’s possible.”

Callis admitted that there are some questions based on the lack of exposure for all draft-eligible players after the abbreviated 2020 season. Still, he concurred that there’s reason to think Rocker and Leiter — a draft-eligible sophomore — could be a 1-2 draft duo.

“I think there are some people who would argue they’re the top two prospects in the draft,” Callis said. “I think Kumar is the most famous player in the draft, and he’d probably be the consensus No. 1 guy right now. … You can find a lot of scouts who scout Vanderbilt and they’ll tell you they think Leiter might be better than Rocker.”

This has Leiter as the #1 prospect.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...eiter-at-no-1/
[Reply]
Coach 12:16 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He is his son.
I wondered if that was the case or a relative. I remember Al pitching for the Marlins and the Mets back then.

Jeez, I'm getting old.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:53 PM 02-21-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ox-underwhelm/

Originally Posted by :
Not sure I totally understand what the Royals are doing this winter, but they're doing something! The rebuilding Royals went out and made some moves. They made a trade for outfielder Andrew Benintendi, signed left-handed starter Mike Minor to a two-year deal, brought back DH Jorge Soler, signed first baseman Carlos Santana to a two-year, $17 million deal, kept now-third baseman Hunter Dozier and brought back reliever Greg Holland. Oh, and they signed 38-year-old right-hander Ervin Santana to a minor-league deal. It's unlikely that they'll be enough to get them out of a fourth-place finish in their division, but props for at least trying to make your team better.

GRADE: C

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:55 PM 02-21-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...oster-invitee/

Originally Posted by :
SS Bobby Witt Jr. My heart wanted to go with Wade Davis, who is on a minor-league contract and looking to revive his career outside Coors Field, but I just can't do it. Not when a prospect as good as Witt is sitting right there. Witt, the No. 2 pick in the 2019 draft, is a tools freak who grades out as above-average across the board. He projects to hit for average and power, steal bases, and save runs in the field. Witt is a potential franchise cornerstone, someone whose game could look a lot like Trevor Story's at his peak. Top pitching prospects Jackson Kowar, Asa Lacy, and Daniel Lynch will all be in camp this year as well, giving Kansas City one of the most exciting groups of NRIs in the game.

[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:43 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ox-underwhelm/

Fourth? I think we’ve got a great shot at third, and an outside chance at second.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:44 AM 02-22-2021

Just what a Kennedy needs to do, head out to Dallas

— Razzball (@Razzball) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
AJKCFAN 10:46 AM 02-22-2021
Rotoworld reports:

BRAD BRACH
RP, KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Royals signed RHP Brad Brach to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Brach quickly found a new home after being cut loose by the Mets last week. The veteran reliever struggled last year with a 5.84 ERA and 1.78 WHIP over 12 1/3 innings, but he has a strong track record and makes for useful depth in camp.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:34 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
Rotoworld reports:

BRAD BRACH
RP, KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Royals signed RHP Brad Brach to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Brach quickly found a new home after being cut loose by the Mets last week. The veteran reliever struggled last year with a 5.84 ERA and 1.78 WHIP over 12 1/3 innings, but he has a strong track record and makes for useful depth in camp.
Pretty sure I've used that exact name for Brett Veach at some point.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:48 PM 02-22-2021
HEAD OUT TO DALLAS

too soon?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 02-22-2021
Question about FSKC....I have YouTubeTV. Will I be able to watch Royals games? What will I need to do to watch Ryan and Rex and the Royals?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:22 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Question about FSKC....I have YouTubeTV. Will I be able to watch Royals games? What will I need to do to watch Ryan and Rex and the Royals?
As of right now, no, Youtube TV will not have the Royals games. AT&T Choice package I believe does have Fox sports KC in the local area.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:25 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
As of right now, no, Youtube TV will not have the Royals games. AT&T Choice package I believe does have Fox sports KC in the local area.
Is there any standalone streaming deal I can buy directly from the Royals? I'm not getting rid of YouTube TV.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:30 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is there any standalone streaming deal I can buy directly from the Royals? I'm not getting rid of YouTube TV.
Not that I'm aware of, I think you can only do that (MLB extra innings) if you live outside the local tv territory
[Reply]
BWillie 01:42 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Not that I'm aware of, I think you can only do that (MLB extra innings) if you live outside the local tv territory
Maybe there is a way I can spoof my location. I live in KC area.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 440
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up