5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:25 AM 06-07-2021
Also, they showed my baby on the Jumbotron Friday night. Everybody in our section freaked out and started yelling and cheering. It scared the crap out of the poor boy, and he started crying. The camera came back to him a few seconds later, so he was sitting there bawling his eyes out in front of the whole stadium. :-)
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:56 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Took fam today. (Btw: NO PURSES! New policy. wife had to take golf cart to the car to drop hers off. Be warned!)

8yr old son sat on my lap all game. First game. Asked 500 questions. It was glorious, and I but my tongue at Lopez’ Bunt triple play. Hope any of you young guys who aren’t married yet, or don’t have kids yet, get this experience some day.
Awesome Prison Bitch!
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:00 AM 06-07-2021
My son bought our family tickets to tonight's game in Anaheim. Sitting behind the Royals bullpen, and looking forward to watching Jackson Kowar make his debut.

Haven't been back to the Big A since the Royals tore them a big A in the 2014 playoffs.
[Reply]
TLO 10:04 AM 06-07-2021
So what can we expect to see from Kowar?
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:04 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Awesome. I took my kids to the games on Friday and Saturday. Three daughters (11, 9, and 7) and my newborn son (4 months). I taught the older daughters to keep score while we watched the game on TV on Thursday night, and they helped me keep score at both of the games we attended. They kept asking questions to confirm they were keeping score correctly. ("That's a forward K since he swung, right?") It was great. I've been trying for years to get them into sports, and I think they're finally starting to enjoy it. (I also took my oldest to her first Chiefs game last season.) When the 9-year-old woke up on Sunday morning, she said, "It's weird not being at a hotel and getting ready to go to the Royals game."

We got them Blue Crew memberships while we were there. They got cute little Royals earrings and wanted everything in the team store. They put on their Royals temporary tattoos and Blue Crew lanyards as soon as they got home. Looking forward to going to more games later this summer.
Good job Mama Hip Rockets!!

Our kids literally grew up at the K and Arrowhead Stadium. We were season ticket holders for both for over 30 years.

Any night that they weren't playing ball........we were at the Stadium! Both became collegiate athletes. One in football and one in baseball. So the time spent was much more than worth it.

I wouldn't trade a thing. Just wish that we could do it all over again.

We gave up our season tickets for both the Chiefs and the Royals 4 years ago. At 75 (nearly) years of age, it is just too much for us today due to health issues and just damned old age.

But it has been a life well spent!
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:04 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
My son bought our family tickets to tonight's game in Anaheim. Sitting behind the Royals bullpen, and looking forward to watching Jackson Kowar make his debut.

Haven't been back to the Big A since the Royals tore them a big A in the 2014 playoffs.
Enjoy. Tonight should be fun!
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:05 AM 06-07-2021
What a beautiful family Mama Hip Rockets!!!
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:07 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Took my daughter a couple years ago when she was 5 and it was the best experience ever. The ticket site gave us the wrong tickets and we got to sit right behind the Royals dugout like the 2nd row. God it was great.
Just keep taking her dlphg9.

She will forever appreciate the time that you spend at the old ballpark with her!

Great job.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:09 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Your baseball takes have been not good.
People missed the point of that post. It was a compliment on Benintendi. He's been great and everything I hoped he would be.

He went on a tear again this weekend and since that post but here is his ops by year

2016 .835
2017 .777
2018 .830
2019 .774
2021 .777

He's still in having the worst year he's capable of having, which is a testiment to the player he is. I fully expect him to OPS over .800 as he becomes more accustomed to the bigger stadium of Kaufman where he doesn't have to try park everything like he did in Boston. Guy is just now in his prime years, he should continue to rake.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:15 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
So what can we expect to see from Kowar?
Hopefully better than what we saw from Lynch.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:16 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
What a beautiful family Mama Hip Rockets!!!
Thanks, Coach.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's time to admit that Mondesi is an OF, he's not tough enough or willing enough to play through injuries to play SS at the MLB level, put him in center it's easier on the body.
Yep. It pains me because I wanted to see BWJ at 3B if possible but you gotta do it I think.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
This article suggests that they move Mondesi to DH. You'd miss his glove but you'd have his bat in the lineup. Plus, a good reason to let Soler walk.

https://kingsofkauffman.com/2021/06/...esi-questions/
I don't think Mondesi's bat is quite good enough to provide a ton of value at DH. He needs to be a plus fielder too, which I believe he still can in CF or OF.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 06-07-2021
There's literally no way the Royals would commit to Mondesi as a DH. He's too dynamic as an athlete to not at least stick him in a lower usage defensive position like CF, LF, RF, or even 3B.

I think they do their best to keep him healthy this year - maybe try him at 3B - and then use the winter and spring training to move him to the OF full-time.

With his speed, if he can track fly balls well, he'd be an excellent CF option and provide almost as much defensive value as he can at SS.

The nice thing about CF is that, despite the heavy running load, you don't have to make a lot of quick start-stop movements. You always have time to gear down.

Making plays at the wall would be the injury concern, but you wouldn't be diving for balls and contorting like Mondesi has to do at SS.

Most guys who can play the 6 can play anywhere.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There's literally no way the Royals would commit to Mondesi as a DH. He's too dynamic as an athlete to not at least stick him in a lower usage defensive position like CF, LF, RF, or even 3B.

I think they do their best to keep him healthy this year - maybe try him at 3B - and then use the winter and spring training to move him to the OF full-time.

With his speed, if he can track fly balls well, he'd be an excellent CF option and provide almost as much defensive value as he can at SS.

The nice thing about CF is that, despite the heavy running load, you don't have to make a lot of quick start-stop movements. You always have time to gear down.

Making plays at the wall would be the injury concern, but you wouldn't be diving for balls and contorting like Mondesi has to do at SS.

Most guys who can play the 6 can play anywhere.
Mondesi seems to be one of those athletic guys that can play anywhere on the field at a high level. I'm sure he'd pick up CF pretty quick and be GG level out there.

I literally hate the idea of putting Mondesi at DH. It's about the dumbest thing I can think of.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 440
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Up