7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:47 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
MadBum almost had a perfect game.
Which stupidly wouldn't have counted as one, just like his no hitter doesn't. Very MLB rules. You want to put an * by it, fine, but if you're playing official games that are set from the gate to be 7 innings, a no hitter should count as a no hitter.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:48 PM 04-25-2021
Hos with a sac fly to give the Padres the lead in the 11th.
[Reply]
srvy 10:03 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
This Padres/Dodgers game on Sunday Night Baseball has been awesome.
Yeah I've been glued to it but should be in bed. 8-7 padres bottom 11th LA runners at 1st and 2nd no outs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:04 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I've been glued to it but should be in bed. 8-7 padres bottom 11th LA runners at 1st and 2nd no outs.
They’ve had some classics this year.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
They’ve had some classics this year.
Yeah I've caught a few of them. Tatis is a cocky sob but fun to watch what a player.
[Reply]
srvy 10:10 PM 04-25-2021
Padres win a heck of a comeback.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:13 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I've caught a few of them. Tatis is a cocky sob but fun to watch what a player.
Tatis is much watch for a baseball player. I've always liked Hos so Padres are easy to root for.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:18 PM 04-25-2021
I also love seeing Wil Myers raking.
[Reply]
srvy 10:26 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Tatis is much watch for a baseball player. I've always liked Hos so Padres are easy to root for.
Yep
[Reply]
srvy 10:27 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I also love seeing Wil Myers raking.
Oh hell yes.
[Reply]
-King- 11:30 PM 04-25-2021
What are you guys opinions on if pitchers should be credited for no hitters in 7 inning double header games? Madi just gone one and apparently MLB wants him credited for a no hitters but Elias Sports Bureau doesn't.

IMO the fact that a lot of no hitters have been broken up in the 8th and 9th innings, crediting Madi for one for a 7 inning outing would be kind of spitting in the face of the pitchers who got that far but couldn't finish out the 8th and/or 9th.
[Reply]
tk13 11:54 PM 04-25-2021
It's a rough question. Thanks Manfred! The fact is he pitched the entire game and didn't allow a hit, it wasn't like a 5 inning game called early for rain. He completed the scheduled game and pitched in every inning without allowing a hit. On the other hand, it goes against the last 150 years of baseball and all the no-hitters where the pitcher had to get 6 more outs. So good luck with that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:59 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
What are you guys opinions on if pitchers should be credited for no hitters in 7 inning double header games? Madi just gone one and apparently MLB wants him credited for a no hitters but Elias Sports Bureau doesn't.

IMO the fact that a lot of no hitters have been broken up in the 8th and 9th innings, crediting Madi for one for a 7 inning outing would be kind of spitting in the face of the pitchers who got that far but couldn't finish out the 8th and/or 9th.
He went the distance to make it an official game but not a complete one.

Nothing else needs to be said.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:16 AM 04-26-2021
If the game is a planned 7 inning game, and he doesn’t allow any hits over those 7 innings, that should be a no hitter. I get that it sucks for the Dave Steibs of the world (even though he finally got one) but it is what it is. You could make the same argument against records achieved over the final 8 games of a season (162 vs 154) or any compiled playoff record since the addition of the WC. Not exactly the same thing but the structure of the argument is the same. If you’re going to make 7 inning games an official thing, any achievement in that game should be an official thing. Put an asterisk on it if you must. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:44 AM 04-26-2021
https://www.mlb.com/news/mock-mlb-draft-2021

Mock Draft: Leiter leads first round

Originally Posted by :
1) Pirates: Jack Leiter, RHP, Vanderbilt
This long before the Draft, teams picking in the top spot will always do due diligence and evaluate a fairly large group of players. For the Pirates, that might mean more than six. Leiter is certainly in that mix, though he picked up his first loss of the season on Saturday.

2) Rangers: Jordan Lawlar, SS, Jesuit Prep (Texas)
Lawlar remains the top prep player on most boards and is still definitely in the mix to go No. 1 overall. Texas has gone college bat in the first round the last two Drafts, but there isn’t one who fits here.

3) Tigers: Kumar Rocker, RHP, Vanderbilt
After scuffling very briefly, Rocker has gone back to dominating the SEC, and it’s fun imagining him joining Mize, Skubal, Manning et al.

4) Red Sox: Marcelo Mayer, SS, Eastlake HS (Calif.)
The Red Sox would love one of those top three to be here, particularly Leiter or Lawlar, which could easily happen if Mayer goes above.

5) Orioles: Brady House, SS, Winder-Barrow HS (Ga.)
House had entered last summer as the front-runner top pick, had an up-and-down showing, but righted the ship this spring, with his name starting to pop up at least as high as right above this pick.

6) D-backs: Henry Davis, C, Louisville
Davis has separated himself a bit as the top college bat, hitting over or close to .400 with power all year, while showing he should be fine behind the plate. This is also the first spot I’m hearing Oklahoma high school right-hander Jackson Jobe’s name.

7) Royals: Sal Frelick, OF, Boston College
Some worry about Frelick’s size (he’s 5-foot-9), but he’s hit consistently and shown he can play center field longterm.

8) Rockies: Ty Madden, RHP, Texas
If the Rockies go college arm here, it could also be Gunnar Hoglund, but I moved him down because he was scratched from his start this weekend.

9) Angels: Colton Cowser, OF, Sam Houston State
The Angels have gone the college route in the first round for the last two years, and while Sam Houston State isn’t a huge program, Cowser’s hit for average and power all spring.

10) Mets: Ryan Cusick, RHP, Wake Forest
Another Hoglund potential spot should he come back fully healthy, but Cusick shows premium velocity and an improved breaking ball.

11) Nationals: Jackson Jobe, RHP, Heritage Hall HS (Okla.)
A lot of people think Jobe goes in the top 10, as he’s separated himself as clearly the best prep arm in this class.

12) Mariners: Adrian Del Castillo, C, Miami
Thought to perhaps be the best pure hitter in the Draft class, Del Castillo has scuffled a bit, but there’s enough track record with him to believe he can figure it out at the next level, even if you’re not sure he can stick behind the plate.

13) Phillies: Gunnar Hoglund, RHP, Mississippi
Hoglund is the wild card of the week because of the missed start. If he bounces back fine, he likely doesn’t make it this far.

14) Giants: Jordan Wicks, LHP, Kansas State
It’s been three straight college bats in the first round for the Giants, so keep an eye out there. For now, this will be where Wicks, the best college lefty in the class, lands.

15) Brewers: Kahlil Watson, SS, Wake Forest HS (NC)
Watson’s name starts popping up as high as the middle of the top 10, but I’m starting cautiously because he’s barely gotten his spring season going.

16) Marlins: Andrew Painter, RHP, Calvary Christian Academy (Fla.)
Painter hasn’t dominated as much as some would have liked to see, but he’s still 6-foot-6 with good stuff and feel for pitching. Plus, who doesn’t love the hometown-team-drafting-you storyline?

17) Reds: Benny Montgomery, OF, Red Land HS (Pa.)
He has as loud tools as anyone, especially raw power-wise, though not everyone loves his swing and the strikeout risk.

18) Cardinals: Chase Petty, RHP, Mainland Regional HS (NJ)
Yes, he’s not the biggest guy in the world, but he’s touching triple digits and has a better feel for pitching than you’d expect for an undersized guy with power stuff.

19) Blue Jays: Bubba Chandler, RHP/SS, North Oconee HS (Ga.)
Chandler’s become one of the most fascinating players in this Draft. Most feel he belongs on the mound, but maybe there’s a team willing to let him hit to feel things out.

20) Yankees: Matt McLain, SS, UCLA
Let’s make it two college bats in a row for the Yankees, who took Austin Wells in 2020. McLain started the season incredibly slowly, otherwise he’d be in the conversation much higher than this.

[Reply]
Page 114 of 440
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up