ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What position would you like to be BPA when its the Chiefs turn to pick?
RB 1 2.17%
WR 10 21.74%
TE 0 0%
OT 0 0%
OG 0 0%
C 0 0%
DT 0 0%
DE 30 65.22%
OLB 1 2.17%
ILB 0 0%
CB 1 2.17%
S 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>1st round pick
Direckshun 01:24 PM 09-16-2021
As of now, the Chiefs still have their 1st round pick for 2022. And we all agree it should be BPA.

But what position, right now, would you like that BPA to be in?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:32 PM 09-16-2021
Coin flip between DE & WR
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:10 PM 09-16-2021
I'd throw S in there as well. Drafting at 32 makes it tough to get in range of the true 1st round DE/WR.

Though, based on the way Odefe Odeh looked the other night, I'm more optimistic about getting a worthwhile DE in that range.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 09-16-2021
I like how the question was phrased.

Because man does it make the answer easy.

This team needs an infusion at DE in the worst way. More than any other position on the roster and in my mind it isn't even close. And we've found all kinds of late talent in the defensive backfield so I'm confident that Veach and co can find another CB to coach up or steal in the 2nd day who can be a viable replacement for Ward.

But you don't find pass-rushers late very often. The physical traits that need to exist to do it well are just so damn rare that they jump out at you and those are first round guys.

In real life, the answer is harder as Duncan has touched on the issue - in all reality, the BPA won't be a DE, so do you reach on a project or take a different position? That's a close question.

But if I had my druthers and the BPA is a DE, I'd absolutely race to the podium with a smile on my face.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:25 PM 09-16-2021
Hopefully it’s a DE.

But my guess is it’ll be a WR. Looks like another great group there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:13 PM 09-16-2021
Yeah, WR seems like the best bet. I’ve fallen in love with Romeo Doubs. Not sure he’ll earn 1st round grade, though.

Not sure what the best DE likely to be available in the 30s is… Myjai Sanders’ stock seems to be rising. I’m seeing him in the low 20s in some early mocks.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 AM 09-17-2021
The DE's that can be day 1 ass kickers never ever get to where we'll be picking. So you'd have to go developmental.

I'd look at Safety or WR I suppose. Good Cb's tend to be around at the end of the 1st, but if there isn't exactly a DE or WR I love there and someone wanted to come up for a QB, it wouldn't be the worst idea to horde some picks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:06 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The DE's that can be day 1 ass kickers never ever get to where we'll be picking. So you'd have to go developmental.

I'd look at Safety or WR I suppose. Good Cb's tend to be around at the end of the 1st, but if there isn't exactly a DE or WR I love there and someone wanted to come up for a QB, it wouldn't be the worst idea to horde some picks.

Odefe Oweh and Joe Tryon both were end of 1st guys and are producing early, so I’d hope you can get a guy like that at least. Have to see how it breaks down, though.
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Odefe Oweh and Joe Tryon both were end of 1st guys and are producing early, so I’d hope you can get a guy like that at least. Have to see how it breaks down, though.
For sure, they have some traits too. But they also went to teams that have dudes around them and they don't really have to be a centerpiece yet. Which would be the case here too, but we will have to see.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 09-17-2021
For sure, they have some traits too. But they also went to teams that have dudes around them and they don't really have to be a centerpiece yet. Which would be the case here too, but we will have to see.
Jones is your ass-kicker for the foreseeable future.

If you can get a good complementary player who can put a little on the table without taking anything off, you'll be in nice shape.

No, you're not likely to get TJ Watt there (though the Steelers did), but you can get a Trey Flowers sort of player and that would be a hell of a get. It's obviously way too early to know who that might be, but if there's a guy in the first that you think can be Sam Hubbard, I think that's a worthwhile use of the pick unless you see someone that just jumps off the screen to you at WR or CB.

Chase Winovich, Max Crosby, Deatrich Wise, Shelby Harris, etc... - there are ways to grab an early, 3-down contributor at the back of the 1st.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jones is your ass-kicker for the foreseeable future.

If you can get a good complementary player who can put a little on the table without taking anything off, you'll be in nice shape.

No, you're not likely to get TJ Watt there (though the Steelers did), but you can get a Trey Flowers sort of player and that would be a hell of a get. It's obviously way too early to know who that might be, but if there's a guy in the first that you think can be Sam Hubbard, I think that's a worthwhile use of the pick unless you see someone that just jumps off the screen to you at WR or CB.

Chase Winovich, Max Crosby, Deatrich Wise, Shelby Harris, etc... - there are ways to grab an early, 3-down contributor at the back of the 1st.
For sure. It's gonna be a guy that you're gonna have to develop a bit, but has some traits.

It's a me problem for thinking "man, if only Brian Burns was sitting there". Because I think a dude opposite Jones thats just a pure speed guy would be pretty fantastic.

There will be someone there that might work.

I'm glad JOnes is taking to the DE spot although I'd love to have someone that could allow him to kick inside and not lose alot with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 09-17-2021
For sure. It's gonna be a guy that you're gonna have to develop a bit, but has some traits.

It's a me problem for thinking "man, if only Brian Burns was sitting there". Because I think a dude opposite Jones thats just a pure speed guy would be pretty fantastic.

There will be someone there that might work.

I'm glad JOnes is taking to the DE spot although I'd love to have someone that could allow him to kick inside and not lose alot with.
Probably gonna have to go the Ogbah/Charlton route for that kind of player. That guy will need a little more seasoning to be able impact the defense when Jones moves inside.

So I'd go ahead and pre-order an LJ Collier jersey if I were you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 09-17-2021
Y'know what - I'm not even joking. Go trade for LJ Collier now. He was a healthy scratch for Seattle last week and they're always looking for OL depth.

See if we can move LDT for him. Get him a year here to see if you want to pick up his cheap 5th year option prior to next off-season. He's probably bad, but I don't even care that much.

This DL is thiiiiiiiiin next season and he'd be a cheap get using an asset we won't have next season anyway (LDT) to address a 2022 roster hole.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 09-17-2021
The issue is DE's are expensive and usually go early in teh draft.

If they could get off Clark and had that money, would you look at trading your first for an established one?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 09-17-2021
The issue is DE's are expensive and usually go early in teh draft.

If they could get off Clark and had that money, would you look at trading your first for an established one?
No.

They can cut Clark and still not have as much money as they'll need next season to have the necessary quality roster depth. At best you could make that move and then lose Mathieu in the exchange while still fielding decent depth.

So would I trade a 1st rounder and Mathieu for a veteran DE? Nope. And like I said, that's probably your best case scenario.

They've gotta start holding some of these high picks and they've gotta hit better than CEH has. They've traded away 3 first round picks in the last 5 years and I just think they're out of runway on that approach.

They're typically a quality drafting team - so use that strength and get yourself some cost-controlled youth on this roster. We're ever so quietly getting a little long in the tooth in some key positions so we've gotta address that.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up