ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 190
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:53 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think the Suns ultimately win the series. The Lakers have just been too injured this season and they just don't have anyone beyond James and A.D.

They went all in last year on a championship and got it.

Now, it's time to pay the piper.
Anthony Davis was an absolute disaster in game 1 (which has become an unfortunate pattern of late), but that has something to do with them playing a traditional back-to-the-basket center in Drummond with him. The Lakers (so basically LeBron and AD) play better when they have space and they have none of it when Drummond is sitting under the basket the entire game.

AD should be at the 5 most of the time and Gasol (who spaces the floor and plays better defense than Drummond) should be on the floor when he isn't out there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:58 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Two asterisks championships for LA. Lakers and Dodgers in shortened seasons.
It was quite the miracle they even got the title last year as it was. LeBron was excellent, yes, but AD was off for nearly the entire Finals and their 3rd best player was a guy who is 10 years past his prime (Rajon Rondo). They honestly just got lucky to not have any elite teams in their way (probably the first time in LeBron's entire career that had been the case).

Things still might click for them again, but with LeBron playing on an injured ankle that has clearly impacted his lift, AD playing tentative on his own injured calf, and the rest of the Lakers being more or less complete bums, I certainly wouldn't bet on it. This title is the Nets' to lose and has been since they added Harden for nothing.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:27 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's a lot of "Ifs", man.

AD and James have had the injury bug all year and the Lakers just aren't running on all cylinders at this point.

I'm not expecting the Lakers to get swept but this is a super tough matchup for them and it's difficult for me to believe they'll make it out of this round.
I get it, I really do. Lebron James is a tough out and we’ve seen him lose the first game in a series before. The suns were operating on all cylinders and lakers lacked energy in the paint and Davis played like a pussy.the suns controlled most of the game but it really could’ve swung in our favor if we make shots we normally make in the second half of games. I gotta see how they respond first
[Reply]
jdubya 05:28 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Two asterisks championships for LA. Lakers and Dodgers in shortened seasons.
Lakers maybe but nobody was better than the Dodgers last year whether it be a 10 game season or 300 game season. They were the best and likely to be again this year when all get healthy again.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:20 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was quite the miracle they even got the title last year as it was. LeBron was excellent, yes, but AD was off for nearly the entire Finals and their 3rd best player was a guy who is 10 years past his prime (Rajon Rondo). They honestly just got lucky to not have any elite teams in their way (probably the first time in LeBron's entire career that had been the case).

Things still might click for them again, but with LeBron playing on an injured ankle that has clearly impacted his lift, AD playing tentative on his own injured calf, and the rest of the Lakers being more or less complete bums, I certainly wouldn't bet on it. This title is the Nets' to lose and has been since they added Harden for nothing.
The bubble title doesnt count
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:47 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The bubble title doesnt count

[Reply]
Why Not? 08:56 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I get it, I really do. Lebron James is a tough out and we’ve seen him lose the first game in a series before. The suns were operating on all cylinders and lakers lacked energy in the paint and Davis played like a pussy.the suns controlled most of the game but it really could’ve swung in our favor if we make shots we normally make in the second half of games. I gotta see how they respond first
As a Suns fan, I have it basically 50/50 and that’s with a 1-0 lead. Prior to game 1, Vegas had the Lakers as a -160 favorite to win the series. I have to see Lebron’s severed head (figuratively, of course) before I believe the Lakers are dead and we’re along way from that point.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:58 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Who cares? It doesn't count
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 PM 05-24-2021

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR FOLKS! pic.twitter.com/x8Q19VGcib

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) May 25, 2021

Have had a few of these recently here but we need to add the fake title one to the card.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:31 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Biggest ****ing pussy in sports history.
Tom Brady is probably up there with LeBron for least liked athlete but at least Tom is a tough mother ****er even though he like LeBron get all the calls. They both make me appreciate how great PM2 really is.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:50 PM 05-24-2021
NBA defense is incredible. The fact that these guys can still score as much as they do is impressive.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:58 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Tom Brady is probably up there with LeBron for least liked athlete but at least Tom is a tough mother ****er even though he like LeBron get all the calls. They both make me appreciate how great PM2 really is.

LeBron loses an NBA Finals with Timofey Mozgov, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith & Matthew Dellavedova:

"This guy just doesn't have the clutch gene."

Brady wins the Super Bowl w/ Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, AB, Gronk, & a top 6 defense:

"How does he do it? Best player ever."

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) May 23, 2021

LeBron averages 36-13-9, 34-12-10 & 34-9-10 per game in 3 different Finals series vs overpowered Warriors:

"CHOKER!"

Tom Brady throws 3 INT's in NFC Championship Game & stands on sidelines as defense holds Mahomes to 9 points in Super Bowl:

"GOAT!! LEADER!!!!��������!!"

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) May 23, 2021

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:00 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
NBA defense is incredible. The fact that these guys can still score as much as they do is impressive.
The problem is the rules. They need to allow more physical play like they used to.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:10 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The problem is the rules. They need to allow more physical play like they used to.
Disagree completely. This is just about perfect.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:48 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Disagree completely. This is just about perfect.
Yeah. We disagree. Teams should be scoring 90-100 IMO. The NFL has gone the same way though. Way too many advantages for the offense.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 190
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up