Page 708 of 934
« First < 208608658698704705706707708 709710711712718758808 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:15 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I think I'm going to start building up a serious portfolio not just meme stocks. I don't know who I am anymore
You finally don’t want to just gamble?

This is going to take learning and research. Are you capable?!?!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:15 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You finally don’t want to just gamble?

This is going to take learning and research. Are you capable?!?!
No not capable but whatever it's just money
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:12 AM 07-13-2021
My TSLA hit 689 and sold first thing this morning and is headed back down. Now, since everything is red I decided I'd rather go rip out moldy sheet rock than watch the shit show.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:14 AM 07-13-2021
I'm not happy today. I went in expecting to break even or have a slight loss, and blood is running through the streets. Well, relatively speaking compared to the overall market.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:56 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm not happy today. I went in expecting to break even or have a slight loss, and blood is running through the streets. Well, relatively speaking compared to the overall market.
I've had SLP on a watchlist since you posted about it a while back. I got an alert that it fell off a cliff yesterday afternoon. I wondered if you were still holding it. Is that the source of most of the damage?

Not a very friendly start to earnings season kicking off.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:02 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I've had SLP on a watchlist since you posted about it a while back. I got an alert that it fell off a cliff yesterday afternoon. I wondered if you were still holding it. Is that the source of most of the damage?

Not a very friendly start to earnings season kicking off.

That was definitely my biggest hit today.

It's been a great stock for me and I'm still up notably in total on it. But it's dropped 50 percent from its peak earlier this year, and I've got a lot of it. I'm thinking that maybe it was a pandemic darling and now the shine is gone.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:08 PM 07-13-2021
Down 8.86% overall so far this week. Worse two day loss since I started trading stocks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:26 PM 07-13-2021
Still holding but this has been a rollercoaster ride.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:31 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They haven't covered their shorts that's all that matters
[Reply]
rydogg58 05:11 PM 07-13-2021
I have been completely out of AMC since the upper 40's, but I agree. I think this is one of those things that the lower it goes, the more dangerous it gets. If it drops too low there's going to be a lot of retail that buys it up. If they were smart they would let it trade sideways for a few months and bore everybody out of it.

There's obviously something in AMC that they don't want or can't get out of. It was a good bet back when covid hit to short it into bankruptcy, but that's not going to happen now. I hope it works out for the good guys, and you all make some money.
[Reply]
Wallymo 05:49 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
After a while, though, I just realized that I just don't have much interest in putting a ton of thought into it (again, shouldn't be a surprise based on this thread). So with an interest in getting a little more diversification without having to think much about it, I'm mostly in this at this point:

SWYMX - Target 2050 Index (0.08% ER)
My retirement is also in Schwab -- T Rowe Price Retirement 2035 (I'm obviously a bit older than you). I've been satisfied with the way it's increased over the years. The last year has been mind-blowing and has me thinking of retiring five years earlier than planned.

My biggest regret was not starting sooner. While living the fun life in NYC for a decade, I only put in a total of about $20k into retirement despite working for seven of those years. Approximately twenty years later and that NYC fund is worth $155k. I didn't get serious about retirement funding until moving back to KC in 2003. If I had made the same funding commitment from the beginning I would now be rolling. My wife and I stress this to our kids all the time (as well as the dangers of credit card debt, another mistake from my past life of living large).

Short of hiring lewdog to choose them for me, I just don't have the time or smarts to buy individual stocks. But I very much enjoy reading this thread, and root for all of you every day. Even as a mere spectator, it's great theater!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:00 PM 07-13-2021
Tesla headed straight back to buy zone. God I love this stock!
[Reply]
eDave 06:03 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I have been completely out of AMC since the upper 40's, but I agree. I think this is one of those things that the lower it goes, the more dangerous it gets. If it drops too low there's going to be a lot of retail that buys it up. If they were smart they would let it trade sideways for a few months and bore everybody out of it.

There's obviously something in AMC that they don't want or can't get out of. It was a good bet back when covid hit to short it into bankruptcy, but that's not going to happen now. I hope it works out for the good guys, and you all make some money.
Dark pool trading accounted for over 65% of volume for the last 5 trading days and over 50% over the last month. The degree of overt manipulation is mind blowing.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:04 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Originally Posted by rydogg58:

[Reply]
-King- 06:23 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Tesla headed straight back to buy zone. God I love this stock!
The second I try to do this, I'll sell and it will shoot to $800 lol
[Reply]
Page 708 of 934
« First < 208608658698704705706707708 709710711712718758808 > Last »
Up