Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:25 AM 05-06-2021
Yet another shit day so far
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:28 PM 05-06-2021
The ARK funds have gotten hammered the past few months. I keep waiting for them to bounce back but it just keeps dropping.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:49 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The ARK funds have gotten hammered the past few months. I keep waiting for them to bounce back but it just keeps dropping.
All growth funds, which have taken a pounding.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:58 PM 05-07-2021
Anyone interested in the next potential short squeeze and supporting a KC business, might want to check out
$AMC

They've got $2B liquidity, more than they have ever in their 100+ years as a company, & enough to keep operating for at least 2 years and ride out the Covid as people come back.

The shorts are screwed. Fees went from 11% to 26.5 just today alone, and you can see how much they're trying to flood the market just to keep it sideways.
Shorts have to cover everything by mid June and retail owns the float.

Apocalypse scenario it at least triples, but I think it has a lot more potential & the buy in is peanuts.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...nd-1234949784/

Plus it will screw Citadel!

https://ibb.co/n1NnZwM
https://ibb.co/cJVfmhT
https://ibb.co/tp99FFv

Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen!

Cheers.

Also, Lew, awesome job and I love your contributions!! You've always been an asset to CP! Thanks again!!
Attached: Screenshot_20210507-151341_Stocktwits.jpg (52.5 KB) Screenshot_20210507-132047_Stocktwits.jpg (55.5 KB) Screenshot_20210507-123820_Stocktwits.jpg (63.2 KB) 
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:07 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Anyone interested in the next potential short squeeze and supporting a KC business, might want to check out
$AMC

They've got $2B liquidity, more than they have ever in their 100+ years as a company, & enough to keep operating for at least 2 years and ride out the Covid as people come back.

The shorts are screwed. Fees went from 11% to 26.5 just today alone, and you can see how much they're trying to flood the market just to keep it sideways.
Shorts have to cover everything by mid June and retail owns the float.

Apocalypse scenario it at least triples, but I think it has a lot more potential & the buy in is peanuts.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...nd-1234949784/

Plus it will screw Citadel!

https://ibb.co/n1NnZwM
https://ibb.co/cJVfmhT
https://ibb.co/tp99FFv

Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen!

Cheers.

Also, Lew, awesome job and I love your contributions!! You've always been an asset to CP! Thanks again!!
You're a bit late man, we've been playing it for well over a month now...3 months myself. People on Reddit/YouTube have been claiming shorts would have to cover by certain dates countless times already, those dates come and go and nothing. Most have given up hope of a GME type short-squeeze including myself but its still a great option play. Every time it drops to the lower $9's or under $10 calls are basically free money.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:34 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
You're a bit late man, we've been playing it for well over a month now. People on Reddit/YouTube have been claiming shorts would have to cover by certain dates countless times already, those dates come and go and nothing. Most have given up hope of a GME type short-squeeze including myself but its still a great option play. Every time it drops to the lower $9's or under $10 calls are basically free money.
Yeah, there's been a few of us in for a bit now. AMC has become something of a hobby for me now. There's a very vocal segment of shareholders that believe the manipulation of the SP by the shorts is borderline illegal with how much shorting/naked shorting is going on. The short interest fee has bounced around from the mid teens to upper 25% for a while now, and nothing ever comes of it.

Anybody giving you a date of when shorts have to cover is pulling shit out of their ass, since it hasn't happened yet. The thing I find most interesting about AMC is that, on the surface, it appears to have a lot of discrepancy in the amount of total shares that are actually out there that are real vs. synthetic. They had a shareholder meeting that was originally supposed to have been last Wednesday, but it was postponed until late July I believe. It's believed that we would have gotten an accurate count of shares then, but now we are supposed to know June 2.

As of today, the actual amount of real shares is somewhere around 500 million. There is a belief that there are possibly somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2 billion shares owned right now, which if that were true, and the actual numbers were released, that it would trigger a squeeze. It's definitely an interesting soap opera, and I'm still holding my AMC just to see what happens.
[Reply]
scho63 07:51 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:

As of today, the actual amount of real shares is somewhere around 500 million. There is a belief that there are possibly somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2 billion shares owned right now, which if that were true, and the actual numbers were released, that it would trigger a squeeze. It's definitely an interesting soap opera, and I'm still holding my AMC just to see what happens.
Can you clarify this?

As it's written its not correct so I want to see if you are missing some context or greater details. Then I'll comment.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:21 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Can you clarify this?

As it's written its not correct so I want to see if you are missing some context or greater details. Then I'll comment.
Depending on where you get your numbers from, it is thought that retail might own upwards of 3/5ths of the 500 million shares, with institutions hilding the rest. The belief that there might be more than double the amount of shares owned comes from the ceos tweets stating there are over 3 million individual investors. This was his response based on a vote by shareholders to increase the share size by 500 million, which has since been withdrawn.

People speculating based on law of averages that if 3 million people own at least 100 shares, 200 shares, ir whatever gets you the higher number. It's all guessing at this point, so nobody really knows anything. I'd be interested in hearing what you think.
[Reply]
scho63 09:26 AM 05-08-2021
If there are more shares outstanding than being reported, it works out BETTER for the shorts.

If they are currently 110% shorted shares but now there are another 600 million shares outstanding, the short percentage is closer to 50% making it EASIER for shorts to cover.

Shorts get hurt bad as the days to cover increases or shares are taken off the market.

If brokerage firms and hedge funds are lying that they hold shares they don't, then that would be correct and the shares that have to be covered by the shorts are not in the hands of brokers/hedge funds but rather retail investors. That would be bad for the shorts.
[Reply]
scho63 09:33 AM 05-08-2021
Also most investors dont know that brokerage firms lend your shares to shorts.

The way this blows up for the shorts is if ALL the retail investors demand their shares are sent to them as stock certificates.

Or an eCertificate
[Reply]
scho63 09:37 AM 05-08-2021
I am unaware if a retail investor can request that none of your stocks are lent out, which would also help.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:59 AM 05-08-2021
I believe the theory is there is an enormous amount of synthetic shares due to naked shorting, not real shares. If AMC does a share recall all shares will have to be counted, and any synthetic shares owned by hedge funds will have to be bought, which would undoubtedly trigger a squeeze. AMC's CEO has indicated numerous times he's on retail's side and seems to want to **** the shorts as much as they do.

I could be butchering some of this as I haven't kept up with it in a while since I sold out of my position twice now. I am considering buying back in if it drops below 9 again though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:30 PM 05-09-2021
Took Lew's recommendation and picked up a copy of Think & Trade Like a Champion. Got about 50 pages read in between naps on a plane. Brought it down to the beach the next day to spend some time unplugging and expanding my investment knowledge and someone stole that motherfucker while I was taking a swim in the ocean...along with my sunscreen.

Pretty much exemplifies my investment run since March.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:39 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Took Lew's recommendation and picked up a copy of Think & Trade Like a Champion. Got about 50 pages read in between naps on a plane. Brought it down to the beach the next day to spend some time unplugging and expanding my investment knowledge and someone stole that mother****er while I was taking a swim in the ocean...along with my sunscreen.

Did you see any large hedge funds on the beach?

And who steals an investment book? Thieves usually aren't into investing. It reminds me of being in high school and we were supposed to write our names in our textbooks on the first day of class. My calculus teacher shrugged and said, "Write it if you want to, but nobody steals calculus books."
[Reply]
lewdog 07:51 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Took Lew's recommendation and picked up a copy of Think & Trade Like a Champion. Got about 50 pages read in between naps on a plane. Brought it down to the beach the next day to spend some time unplugging and expanding my investment knowledge and someone stole that motherfucker while I was taking a swim in the ocean...along with my sunscreen.

Damn that’s crazy.

Bet the person who took it only invests in meme stocks anyway.
[Reply]
Page 627 of 934
« First < 127527577617623624625626627 628629630631637677727 > Last »
Up