ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 934
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276326726 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Munson 06:28 AM 01-31-2020
Amazon is up about 10% pre-market thanks to a great 4th quarter earnings report.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:53 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Munson:
Amazon is up about 10% pre-market thanks to a great 4th quarter earnings report.
Jesus.

I should have cancelled subscribe and save and bought stock
[Reply]
RunKC 08:05 AM 01-31-2020
Hoping Amazon does a stock split. I’d be all over that shit
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:17 AM 01-31-2020
Gotta love the market over reactions and kneejerks. Good money made everytime this crap happens
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:31 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Gotta love the market over reactions and kneejerks. Good money made everytime this crap happens
Is this still coronavirus stuff? If so, either we'll all die and money won't matter, or we'll buy and make money when it comes back.
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Munson:
I work in Central Ops for Amazon here in Tempe AZ and the growth going on is incredible.

I got shares of stock back in early Dec when I got a promotion and went full time and I'm up $200 a share already.

I'm hoping to have 100-200 shares by 2026 when I retire. I'm hoping they are worth $5,000/ share or more at today's value.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:50 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is this still coronavirus stuff? If so, either we'll all die and money won't matter, or we'll buy and make money when it comes back.

Airlines not flying to or from china...that hit airline stock, then OMG we have to gut fuel suppliers...OMG no one will go anyfuckingwhere
[Reply]
lewdog 08:08 PM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hoping Amazon does a stock split. I’d be all over that shit
Stock splits don’t matter.

If you feel the stock is undervalued buy it now. A split doesn’t change the value of a stock.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Stock splits don’t matter.

If you feel the stock is undervalued buy it now. A split doesn’t change the value of a stock.
Don’t have to come up with as much cash to buy a share
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:19 PM 01-31-2020
STZ down over coronavirus fears
[Reply]
lewdog 09:42 PM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Don’t have to come up with as much cash to buy a share
That's the only benefit.

Doesn't mean it makes the stock more valuable like so many seem to think. He's saying he'd be all over an Amazon stock split, and if that's true, just buy shares now. 1 at the current price vs 2 at a split is the same value if you're limited on funds.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:10 PM 01-31-2020
That's the only benefit.

Doesn't mean it makes the stock more valuable like so many seem to think. He's saying he'd be all over an Amazon stock split, and if that's true, just buy shares now. 1 at the current price vs 2 at a split is the same value if you're limited on funds.
There's bound to be free advertising during the split which leads to the impulse buys that generally follow the news cycle. The lack of "sticker shock" can increase sales in people who had been on the fence as well. Ya, it really doesn't make sense, but sticker shock is a mental barrier of entry for many.

Even if these affects wear off over time, it can definitely increase the value on short term trades. No split, no hype bounce. The assumed bounce my be what moves it from "Meh" to "Lets give it a shot" for people who try to play the rest of the field's emotional responses.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 AM 02-01-2020
That's the only benefit.

From a technical perspective, sure. You’re right. But companies don’t split who think there’s a chance it could go down.

Plus all the stuff ghak posted.

There is a lot of nuance that gets traded in the marketplace.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:28 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
From a technical perspective, sure. You’re right. But companies don’t split who think there’s a chance it could go down.

Plus all the stuff ghak posted.

There is a lot of nuance that gets traded in the marketplace.
So you agree it’s all psychological. Great.

The value of the stock is the same whether amazon is $2k or $1k is a share. You’d be in better shape to buy in before a split if you believe in the company.

Thank you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:08 AM 02-01-2020
So you agree it’s all psychological. Great.

The value of the stock is the same whether amazon is $2k or $1k is a share. You’d be in better shape to buy in before a split if you believe in the company.

Thank you.
We’re talking past each other.

You’re saying that a guy shouldn’t buy a share on a stock split because INTERNALLY the valuation shouldn’t change. But not all trades are made that way.

There can be a substantial bounce IN THE MARKETPLACE after a split.

RunKC didn’t specify his strategy here. He could very well buy on the announcement, ride it awhile and get back out, capturing the hype wave. That isn’t necessarily a bad strategy.

Or

RunKC could be using news of a stock split as validation for recent gains that they aren’t just a run to stability on this coronavirus thing. Logic would dictate that if it was an unexpected bounce or unsubstantiated within the business, they wouldn’t split. Which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad strategy.

Or

He could be just looking for a lower cost into a share. Which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad strategy.

I agree with you in principle if you’re looking at a buy and hold strategy. But there are some things that RunKC could be looking at that could be sound strategies also. He just didn’t specify.

You can both be right.
[Reply]
Page 226 of 934
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276326726 > Last »
Up