ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 56
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Until you mentioned the Kelce jersey being for your daughter, I was legit confused on why the size was so different.
Yeah, that's why I arranged them like I did. The two 'like' pieces needed to be split up. I could've put Mahomes/Johnson in the center and the Kelce/Hill stuff on the edges, but I just liked the way this broke out better.

And it confused the hell out of my dad when I sent it to him as well. Besides, the oldest thinks its cool as hell having her jersey in the middle and I actually like her, so she pretty much gets what she wants.

Those twins, OTOH, can pound sand.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:47 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, that's why I arranged them like I did. The two 'like' pieces needed to be split up. I could've put Mahomes/Johnson in the center and the Kelce/Hill stuff on the edges, but I just liked the way this broke out better.

And it confused the hell out of my dad when I sent it to him as well. Besides, the oldest thinks its cool as hell having her jersey in the middle and I actually like her, so she pretty much gets what she wants.

:-)

Did you mount and frame the jerseys yourself or have someone do it for you?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
:-)

Did you mount and frame the jerseys yourself or have someone do it for you?
Had it done.

It's always one of those "I'll get to it later" things that I found reasons not to do. I hate shit like that anyway. I'll go re-screen a porch door or something before I do something that feels like arts and crafts.

Fortunately we have a Hobby Lobby and a Michaels right next door to each other and one of them isn't running a 1/2 off custom framing sale, the other one will be...
[Reply]
Stryker 09:47 PM 02-15-2022

Awesome job! Love the little ones framed jersey as part of the big picture! Awesome job! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 09:49 PM 02-15-2022
Not a sports card but I finally got my Chiefs stuff hung in the basement prior to the Super Bowl party and didn't know where else to put this.

The Kelce jersey in the middle is the one my daughter got signed by him (we kinda dangled her over the rope) when she was just a wee one and we had it framed for Christmas this year. It was Mahomes rookie season so we've had it for a bit.

And when I hung the Mahomes jersey that had been sitting in storage for a bit, I noticed the signature didn't match my signed helmet. So I looked it up and evidently he had a different signature his rookie year and the jersey has his '17 signature on it. So that's pretty badass.

And man I love that Hill picture. The matting job is just awesome and it's such a cool photo. And he put the signature in just a perfect spot.

Pretty happy with how it all came together. Got the triplets in there plus my namesake... Love me some DJ.
Love the TH flip in the end zone framed and signed pic! Nice!
[Reply]
Stryker 09:53 PM 02-15-2022
Not a sports card but I finally got my Chiefs stuff hung in the basement prior to the Super Bowl party and didn't know where else to put this.

The Kelce jersey in the middle is the one my daughter got signed by him (we kinda dangled her over the rope) when she was just a wee one and we had it framed for Christmas this year. It was Mahomes rookie season so we've had it for a bit.

And when I hung the Mahomes jersey that had been sitting in storage for a bit, I noticed the signature didn't match my signed helmet. So I looked it up and evidently he had a different signature his rookie year and the jersey has his '17 signature on it. So that's pretty badass.

And man I love that Hill picture. The matting job is just awesome and it's such a cool photo. And he put the signature in just a perfect spot.

Pretty happy with how it all came together. Got the triplets in there plus my namesake... Love me some DJ.
Still hear Sean McDonough's Voice Crack for #56!
[Reply]
Valiant 12:40 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Probably around $100k, but the bulk of that value is in 3 cards. I have 51 Bowman Mickey Mantle rookie, a pretty high end Lebron Upper Deck rookie auto, and the cornerstone of my collection is a triple autograph card signed by Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron.

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/03/15/micha...-pwcc-auction/
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:00 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
https://amp.tmz.com/2022/03/15/micha...-pwcc-auction/
Yeah, the last few of these have sold north of $200k. A lot of people in the hobby seem to think they are the next $1 million card. I'm glad I held on to mine.

I have added a few things to my collection over the past few weeks that you might think are neat:

This guy's stuff is going absolutely BONKERS right now!!!

He's a GOAT, but he's also a horse, and thanks to this card, I can CLONE him! - Secretariat hair strand card.

I posted the Muhammad Ali auto that I picked up a few months back and I've been looking for one of these for a while. - 1992 Pro Line Autographs Cassius Clay variation (very rare)

I also finally got my Hogan stuff hung up in the man cave.

[Reply]
ghak99 07:04 PM 03-28-2022
That's a really interesting collection. I'm getting a little jealous over here.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:15 PM 04-01-2022
Time to break out those CSG 9.5 slabs. CSG changed labels and their grading scale. All 9.5's will be upgraded to 10's when re-slabbed with the new label. All other grades will stay the same. $5 to re-slab. Kind of interested to see if this will do anything with resale values.

Grown weary of PSA as I have seen some questionable grades coming from them. Can't tell you how many clearly off center cards from PSA I have seen labeled GM10 as of late. Unacceptable IMO. I have been pleased with CSG's grading so far. We will see how it does as their demand grows. But it will be interesting if the new label and grading scale push them past SGC and BGS.

[Reply]
Valiant 09:57 AM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Yeah, the last few of these have sold north of $200k. A lot of people in the hobby seem to think they are the next $1 million card. I'm glad I held on to mine.

I have added a few things to my collection over the past few weeks that you might think are neat:

This guy's stuff is going absolutely BONKERS right now!!!

He's a GOAT, but he's also a horse, and thanks to this card, I can CLONE him! - Secretariat hair strand card.

I posted the Muhammad Ali auto that I picked up a few months back and I've been looking for one of these for a while. - 1992 Pro Line Autographs Cassius Clay variation (very rare)

I also finally got my Hogan stuff hung up in the man cave.
Yeah I gave up on buying witt stuff. Outrageous prices for someone who hasn't played yet.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:26 PM 06-02-2022
Man I wished one of you guys lived closer. I'd have you come look at the cards I collected in the 90's and give you a screaming deal to take them off my hands.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:42 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Man I wished one of you guys lived closer. I'd have you come look at the cards I collected in the 90's and give you a screaming deal to take them off my hands.
More then likely ain't worth shit but there could be a few gems.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:49 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Thats the sad truth of the matter

So many of my 90s $100+ cards eventually became 5-10-$15 cards at best
[Reply]
lewdog 02:56 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah I figured. Is there a free way to look up value on any of them?
[Reply]
Page 41 of 56
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up