ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 PM 06-28-2022
These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 06-28-2022
Come on don’t turn the media center political
[Reply]
Fish 11:28 PM 06-28-2022
Weirdo troll.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:52 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come on don’t turn the media center political
I deleted some of the more incindiary stuff I said because you make a fair point. The rest still stands. These are good films that aren't woke at all, that's the spirit of the thread.

A Bridge Too Far: amazing film. All practical effects. That means real airplanes of the WW2 era with real people jumping out as paratroopers. Excellent film. Anthony Hopkins is in it as a key RAF guy (Frost) but that's just the tip, just the tip of the iceburg of the cast. It was an all star situation. Nobody ever talks about this movie.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:14 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
My favorite part about the ultra capitalist Ayn Rand is how she was ultra against medicare and social security for everyone yet took them after her lung cancer nearly bankrupted her.

Oh, and her estate got a PPP loan.

Ayn Rand got woke. Enjoy the film!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:42 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
My favorite part about the ultra capitalist Ayn Rand is how she was ultra against medicare and social security for everyone yet took them after her lung cancer nearly bankrupted her.

Oh, and her estate got a PPP loan.

Ayn Rand got woke. Enjoy the film!
You knew who I was referring to, A+ for that

You never read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged front to back. So D- on that. Did you know she took a low level job on a railroad before she wrote Atlas Shrugged just so she could write competently about railroad matters? That's fucking method, man, you gotta give her that.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:02 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You knew who I was referring to, A+ for that

You never read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged front to back. So D- on that. Did you know she took a low level job on a railroad before she wrote Atlas Shrugged just so she could write competently about railroad matters? That's fucking method, man, you gotta give her that.
She was a sellout that couldn't live up to her own standards for how the world should work. Now... I've read philosophers from all sides of the political and sociological spectrum but you are correct, I've not read Rand.

She died when I was very young and I learned about her the person. The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:11 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
She was a sellout that couldn't live up to her own standards for how the world should work. Now... I've read philosophers from all sides of the political and sociological spectrum but you are correct, I've not read Rand.

She died when I was very young and I learned about her the person. The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
She aint God. Objectivists do not hold her up as a supreme being. This aint scientology my friend. There aint no BS here.

So for all I care she could have humped a camel and annointed ground squirrels as the highest beings. She isn't the point. Her points are the point. 2 + 2 = 4 is the basis of objectivism.

She is inspiring though because she escaped communism and fell in love with liberty and freedom. I won't deny that that's inspiring to me.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:01 AM 06-29-2022
What would be inspiring to me is if you killed yourself
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:11 AM 06-29-2022
Just gonna point out that back in the '50s, which I'm guessing is when all the heroes were nearly all white guys, the villains were nearly all white guys too.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 06-29-2022

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:12 AM 06-29-2022
That "here we go" post by a mod is why I do love CP. Most mods anywhere would just permaban me and nuke the thread from existence. But mods here enjoy the fun of a good message board. Some would say they give me a rope long enough to hang myself with. But CP is great.

Is "The Lighthouse" great? I'm not sure what to make of it. It strikes me as Brokeback Mountain on a rock at sea. But Willem Dafoe was so good in it, it was really his magnus opus.

DAMN YE!!!!!!

Any of you guys seen the Lighthouse? They say its an allegory to Prometheseus which yes it is but it is more than that. It'll stay with ya.

Damn Ye! You're fond of my lobster aint ye!!!!!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:16 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
What would be inspiring to me is if you killed yourself
One time there was this guy named Jesus and he tried inspiring the Jews by killing himself but it didn't take. They were not satisfied by that.

Nice to have you here JR. I want to know your take on The Lighthouse, as well as Das Boot.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:18 AM 06-29-2022
Life is like a hurricane here in Wokeburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a woke-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!

Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!

D-d-d danger lurks behind you
There's a Social Justice Warrior out to find you
What to do, just grab on to some...

Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
Non-WokeTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:31 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Just gonna point out that back in the '50s, which I'm guessing is when all the heroes were nearly all white guys, the villains were nearly all white guys too.
Just gonna point out that back in the 1600s, which I'm guessing is when all literature was inspired cause that was Shakespeare's day, all the heroes were all white guys, all the villains were also white guys, and get this: even the women were white guys. Juliet was a dude in the original play, tis true. DAMN YE!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up