Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:57 PM 04-03-2019
I watched the trailer. I have no interest in seeing this. Just not my kind of thing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:00 PM 04-03-2019
He's got the laugh down.

Only thing I don't really care for is the Joker almost seems..... sympathetic?

Still looks fucking amazing.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 06:59 PM 04-03-2019
I'm in. It's going to be a brilliant film.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:05 PM 04-03-2019
One of the best actors ever imo. I live his range. I feel like he dedicated his career to have brother.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:06 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think this won't suck.

But man, this looks.....sad.

Some of the mental illness aspects of this look just a hair too damned real.
It really does...kindve like the killing joke on how he lost everything.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 PM 04-03-2019
Next up - "Luthor"
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:07 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I've been tracking this project since it was announced. It seemed like a strange concept at first, then it got stranger. Rewrites on the fly during shooting, SAG called to location due to odd complaints from extras, cast members coming and going ... the production is a story unto itself. (Been intending to post on the subject, but didn't see a thread.)

I think this might become the best comic-book movie of all time. There. I said it.

Baratta producing, Frances Conroy and De Niro appearing, Todd Phillips directing and writing with Scott Silver, Lawrence Sher cinematography, scored by Hildur ... I mean, come on nah ...

Plus ... if anybody can compete with Ledger's version of the Joker, it's Phoenix. His acting skills are other-worldly.

FAX
Tell us more fax, please.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:40 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
That was a creepy as hell trailer . I too am very intrigued by this . Phoenix is a fantastic actor and he looks great here.
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The most unhinged actor playing the most unhinged comic book villain...a match made in heaven.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Looks fucking pretty good.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That looks really good.
I've been tracking this project since it was announced. It seemed like a strange concept at first, then it got stranger. Rewrites on the fly during shooting, SAG called to location due to odd complaints from extras, cast members coming and going ... the production is a story unto itself. (Been intending to post on the subject, but didn't see a thread.)

I think this might become the best comic-book movie of all time. There. I said it.

Baratta producing, Frances Conroy and De Niro appearing, Todd Phillips directing and writing with Scott Silver, Lawrence Sher cinematography, scored by Hildur ... I mean, come on nah ...

Plus ... if anybody can compete with Ledger's version of the Joker, it's Phoenix. His acting skills are other-worldly.

FAX
All this! :-) That manic was meant to play the DC universes best bad guy. Looks to be an origin story. How'd the Joker get so whack. Phoenix is going to rock and roll the shit out of this role.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:50 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think this won't suck.

But man, this looks.....sad.

Some of the mental illness aspects of this look just a hair too damned real.
See below

Phoenix has range that hasn't yet been charted. Because it's un-chartable.

The axes do not exist that can reflect a reasonable standard of measurement.

FAX
I think they are going to show the whole unvarnished dark truth of how a human being can fall to a "Joker" level of humanity. Phoenix can pull that off.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:57 AM 04-04-2019
I'll have to wait and see... wasn't really feeling it with that trailer. It wasn't bad and I agree that there's good upside.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:18 AM 04-04-2019
I drag my wife to all of the comic book movies and she goes and likes some hates others. I always show her trailers of new ones coming out and she is always like "Yeah, whatever. You will be dragging me to another one." I played this one for her last night and she got a great big smile on her face and she said she can't wait for this one. She thought everything about it looked awesome. First time she has had that reaction.
[Reply]
FAX 07:45 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Tell us more fax, please.
Well ... for example, I thought it was interesting that (long before this movie was greenlighted) Phoenix had expressed a desire to play a comic book villain (don't ask me why) so he asked his agent to find him something. That, in itself, is a little weird. Anyway, apparently Marvel was interested but Phoenix didn't want to commit to a multi-picture deal, so Phoenix and his agent started calling around and hooked up with Warner Bros who happened to be developing this project with Scorsese and Phillips.

Phoenix has said he liked the idea because it was a low-budget project and Scorsese was involved, so he jumped in with both feet.

Phoenix has also stated that the character scares the hell out of him and he's referred to the film as "an experience". He's not the only actor involved who has called the project "an experience - not a job", though.

There are other odd and interesting things about this project that make me think it has Phoenix written all over it. For me, that's intriguing.

FAX
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:26 AM 04-04-2019
This looks dark and twisted, exactly as a Joker story should be. I’m all in.
[Reply]
wazu 09:29 AM 04-04-2019
One thing about this trailer is it doesn't seem like the Joker is doing anything wrong or illegal. Just creepy and struggling with mental illness. I'm sure that's intentional. Phoenix seems like a really good choice if I hadn't already seen Ledger perfect the character to a level that was previously unthinkable.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 04-04-2019
Wow this looks good
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up