Page 3 of 44
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:55 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the ****ing point? :-)
I'm not especially optimistic either. But there's a lot you can do in series as far as world building and character development and story plots that aren't available even with a three or four part movie.

So I think the potential is there, but um, yea...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 PM 02-10-2022
How dare this fantasy movie have castings I don’t like!?!?!

Oh shut the fuck up with your woke bullshit. No one fucking cares.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:49 PM 02-10-2022
They are going to ruin this with wokeness.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:45 AM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah...this has "bloated budget dogturd" written all over it...they even have a black elf lead character...how about an Asian Hobbit...or a middle-eastern Ork? We only can dream...have to cover all the major food groups.

Over/under on a lesbian hobbit/elf scene...or gay dwarf make out?

The options to destroy this show are endless...
I'm not optimistic due to the way they trashed the WoT storyline. I absolutely DO NOT give a shit what race or gender they go with for a fucking fantasy species. This isn't an anti-woke stance, it's a racist and homophobic rant.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I absolutely DO NOT give a shit what race or gender they go with for a ****ing fantasy species. This isn't an anti-woke stance, it's a racist and homophobic rant.
No shit. Its a Fantasy. They can do anything they want. Its not depicting real life. Anyone taking their cultural cue's from an authors fantasy imagination needs to just stop.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:00 AM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yup. Plus with not a ton of source material, they can be loose with the story. Look at the abomination that Peter Jackson put out known as the Hobbit trilogy. He's excellent and still put out that trash in spite of source material. I fully expect this series to be just as bad, yet just as popular.
As I recall they forced Jackson's hand on that "trilogy". He wanted to make a single movie, and they told him it would be a "trilogy" with or without him. Hard to make chicken salad when the studio gives you a wagon load off chicken shit.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:03 AM 02-11-2022
I dont care about their skin color per se...it's that they made obvious castings decisions BASED on race...which is "woke' behavior/equity.

Amazon did this with Wheel of Time also...and it didn't work. It felt forced and distracting...had to have a lesbian scene, gay characters...every racial demographic accounted for. Social inclusivity trumped making a quality product. It was propaganda embedded into a fantasy series..

I realize this concept may be confusing to some...
WOT was bad because they CHANGED THE STORY, not because of the diverse casting. Not only did they change the story, and write it fucking terribly, but they wasted an entire episode on shit that was never in the books, and that first book really needed 10 episodes. The "finale" was horrifically bad from all standpoints. Writing, continuity, and characters.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:07 PM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
As I recall they forced Jackson's hand on that "trilogy". He wanted to make a single movie, and they told him it would be a "trilogy" with or without him. Hard to make chicken salad when the studio gives you a wagon load off chicken shit.
If that's the case then I take back what I said about Jackson (at least the negative parts). It's a shame that studio greed butchered an amazing story.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:08 PM 02-11-2022
I'm not optimistic due to the way they trashed the WoT storyline. I absolutely DO NOT give a shit what race or gender they go with for a ****ing fantasy species. This isn't an anti-woke stance, it's a racist and homophobic rant.
You are the typical triggered sap they target...I'm not homophobic nor racist...but your simple-ass cant differentiate what I'm actually talking about.

It's the deliberate "bait-n-switch" that has you pointing your crooked finger at me...

Arguing with stupid people is pointless...they will remain stupid...and the longer you entertain a correspondence with them..the dumber you become...it's mental cancer.

Enjoy your woke fantasy show....hope it's satiates all your emotional social justice boxes....ones you didn't know even existed until 2 years ago.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:14 PM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
WOT was bad because they CHANGED THE STORY, not because of the diverse casting. Not only did they change the story, and write it ****ing terribly, but they wasted an entire episode on shit that was never in the books, and that first book really needed 10 episodes. The "finale" was horrifically bad from all standpoints. Writing, continuity, and characters.
Well the acting sucked...so...the female lead was decent and corrupted one that stole the dagger.

The rest were soap opera level....and that script was full-on woke polluted.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:22 PM 02-11-2022
You are the typical triggered sap they target...I'm not homophobic nor racist...but your simple-ass cant differentiate what I'm actually talking about.

It's the deliberate "bait-n-switch" that has you pointing your crooked finger at me...

Arguing with stupid people is pointless...they will remain stupid...and the longer you entertain a correspondence with them..the dumber you become...it's mental cancer.

Enjoy your woke fantasy show....hope it's satiates all your emotional social justice boxes....ones you didn't know even existed until 2 years ago.
That's great advice. I will try harder to never to engage with you again.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:38 PM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
That's great advice. I will try harder to never to engage with you again.
I dont remember ever corresponding with you in the first place...this is what happens when I find someone forgettable. :-)

Your statement works perfectly for me...whoever you are. I dont care...I care even less about some Woke amazon Hobbit series.

I leave with this..there BETTER be a gay Asian Hobbit in this series...or I'm going to protest SO loudly on the internet...for this flagrant act of under-representing this repressed demographic of society in the cinematic arts...it's an obvious overt act of racism and white supremacy....jack-asses.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:21 PM 02-11-2022
Go ahead and tell us about your black friend. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:57 AM 02-12-2022
Go ahead and tell us about your black friend. :-)
I actually have a few and one is gay.......also several Hispanics...one who is my best friend for over 30 years...and I do, actually, have a token Asian friend...really just out of sympathy...to cover all of societies requirements for a fulfilling life.

Now **** off...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:37 AM 02-12-2022
Ahem, woke or not, I probably won't give this one much of my time. I love the LOTR series, the Hobbit was an abomination. It smacked of "Well, we have to make 3 movies out of it, that's where the money is". When you take such liberties with a beloved and awesome simple story in order to stretch it out and jam in a bunch of characters that were not in the original story...well, it's obvious it was a studio money making gambit. Those movies are so forgettable, in spite of some decent to great performances, especially Smaug.

After seeing that shit, I'm frankly afraid that this show, which could draw on the Silmarilian for it's material, will in all likelihood just be some meandering mess full of "neato" call backs (even though it's a prequel). The idea of wokeness is real too, and I'm sure there will be many eye-rolling moments in this thing. I just don't trust them to do it right.

But, you never know I guess. The Mandalorian for instance IMO so far has been shockingly good. We'll see what they do with the next season. I'll probably look into this LOTR thing, but I don't have high hopes at all.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 44
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up