ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 561 of 2684
« First < 61461511551557558559560561 56256356456557161166110611561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
prhom 02:17 PM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Our o-line needs to be more physical and they are not. We need another player or two to that are just NASTY and we don't have NASTY on either side of our trenches except for Jones and he disappears too much IMHO.
I can see this point and wouldn’t mind getting more physical lineman. However, I still think the BIGGEST impact would come from better defense. Our offensive line looks much better when Smith is pushing the ball down the field and getting extra guys out of the box. I expect Mahomes to have a similar effect on defenses. I saw a stat in the Miami game that we are #1 in the NFL converting 3rd and 1 or less. That isn’t because of a physical line but Smith and Hunt with the RPO making it really hard to defend short yardage. There’s more than one way to convert short yardage situations and we are doing it our way and it’s working.

We do, however, need more nasty on defense. That will pay many dividends for us. More so than a marginal upgrade on the o line.
[Reply]
prhom 02:26 PM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by hitchief:
You nailed it perfectly.

The D is bottom 1/4 this year and wont get any better next year with the exception of Berry coming back but we all know that he probably wont be 100% until the 2019 season.

Need Db's, OLB's, ILB and backup DT's to rotate in for better overall run stopping and pass rush.

Only thing the O needs is for the oline to be healthy and to switch Wilson and Robinson in the wr order. They are gonna keep Harris I'd bet so we just need backups on the O side of things in case of injury
Yep, on offense I wouldn’t mind seeing some o line depth and maybe a West replacement. Hunt, Ware, and a better third down back would be a big upgrade over what we’ve had for most of this season. If Ware comes back the same as he was before the injury we should see a nice run game next year by giving Hunt a chance to rest and let Ware pound on the defense a little while he’s out instead of always going pass. We essentially never run when Hunt is out of the game. It’s gotta be less than 10 percent of the time.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:14 AM 12-31-2017

Some of those no look passes @TerezPaylor wrote about. It’s Mahomes eve everyone https://t.co/VSf7qDNMlV

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) December 31, 2017

[Reply]
bigjosh 12:26 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Look at him leisurely walk off the field after the first one. Kids got the juice.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:43 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Good god, that second throw... I'm like "WTF is that ball going???"
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:09 AM 12-31-2017
If he actually throws a no look pass in agame it will be come legend. That first one is like some Magic Johnson shit.
[Reply]
Simplicity 09:25 AM 12-31-2017
So at halftime we are going to retire the #15 jersey, correct?
[Reply]
Black Bob 09:42 AM 12-31-2017
SNR, do you see Mahommes as a boom or bust prospect?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
SNR, do you see Mahommes as a boom or bust prospect?
I don't, actually. I think a bust is a QB who can't run the offense efficiently and can't make plays. Alex can do the first thing but isn't good at the other. Mahomes could easily be a QB who does the 2nd thing but ignores the first one too often.

He could become simply an imperfect QB who is good enough to be a starter anyway, just not as a standard ho-hum boring game manager.

I'm pretty confident he'll "boom" as a QB. By how much remains to be seen.
[Reply]
CrowbarMan 10:13 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Good god, that second throw... I'm like "WTF is that ball going???"
That second throw across the middle of the field is one you don't want to see on a regular basis.
[Reply]
rico 10:18 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't, actually. I think a bust is a QB who can't run the offense efficiently and can't make plays. Alex can do the first thing but isn't good at the other. Mahomes could easily be a QB who does the 2nd thing but ignores the first one too often.

He could become simply an imperfect QB who is good enough to be a starter anyway, just not as a standard ho-hum boring game manager.

This is a good post.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:30 PM 12-31-2017
2PM has a tough schedule next season with New England & Jacksonville added to this.

[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:35 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
2PM has a tough schedule next season with New England & Jacksonville added to this.
Yep. Every road game minus Cleveland will be tough.

Home schedule is easier though.

Overall looks like a pretty tough schedule right now, but we'll see.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:46 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Yup. I don't see him busting. I hate to be over-confident sports fan guy, but I really believe he drafted an absolute stud and we're going to get to watch some next level shit for a long time. And it's awesome. Something I never expected from this franchise.

I guess the only way I can see the "bust" label going down is if he is oft-injured.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:49 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Nice to see them move back to San Diego
[Reply]
Page 561 of 2684
« First < 61461511551557558559560561 56256356456557161166110611561 > Last »
Up