ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 549 of 2687
« First < 49449499539545546547548549 55055155255355959964910491549 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Iconic 01:47 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can’t play all backups, they don’t have enough guys on the roster for it

He’d get a whole week of game planning, playing against a good d and some experience

At some point he’s gotta take the training wheels off.
Again risk versus reward. Other than experience you gain very little from starting him in a meaningless game and a whole lot more to lose. He can take those training wheels off next season when it's his time. When he's had a full off-season of preparation versus a week. With ALL the starters in versus some.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:49 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Again risk versus reward. Other than experience you gain very little from starting him in a meaningless game and a whole lot more to lose. He can take those training wheels off next season when it's his time. When he's had a full off-season of preparation versus a week. With ALL the starters in versus some.
we need Mahomes in 2019 therefore he shouldn't play next year, otherwise he might get injured :-)
[Reply]
Iconic 01:53 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
So first it's "ANYTHING BUT SMITH" and "I'D RATHER LOSE WITH MAHOMES" but when there's an actual, logical reason to play Mahomes it's "NOOOOOO HE MIGHT GET SCRATCHED" :-)

You kids are impossible. If Smiff can do just fine against the donks I'm sure Mahomes could survive.
Not all that logical to be honest. Starting him is really just peaking everyones instant gratification. You could also make a 'logical' point on why we should start Bray. To see if he can be a serviceable backup for Mahomes, if he's good he's now trade bait etc.

There's just a whole lot less to lose from letting Bray take those snaps instead of Mahomes. But whatever Andy picks I'm not complaining. I'd love to see some Mahomes.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:12 PM 12-17-2017
Mahomes has been active because in a hypothetical situation if Alex did go down he gives you the best chance at a win and saving the season. But in a meaningless game why would you throw him into the fire when you really don't have to? For one stupid half of football with the backups? Risking a lot for practically nothing is what's really stupid. I'd rather Mahomes have a full off-season than be stuck rehabbing his ACL because Cameron ****ing Erving doesn't know his ass from his mouth.

Again I'd like to see Mahomes play, but I'm not going to criticize Andy if he chooses otherwise.
Because if Alex goes down the next week, ideally you don't want your next QB getting his first real snaps ever in the fucking playoffs.

Mahomes isn't gonna die playing against a team that has packed it in for the year. Stop being pussies.
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:12 PM 12-17-2017
IDK I would hate to have a game Like the Giants last year vs the Redskins they exerted a lot of energy winning a meaningless rivalry game then were flat the next week. I know there were other factors but still with the Chiefs history of injuries I would not risk it
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:14 PM 12-17-2017
This is pretty simple to me. If you have something to play for, play the starters. If you don't, rest as many as you can. Maybe just play the starters for a quarter, I don't know.
[Reply]
Danguardace 02:16 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is pretty simple to me. If you have something to play for, play the starters. If you don't, rest as many as you can. Maybe just play the starters for a quarter, I don't know.
I'd imagine that is what will happen most likely.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:17 PM 12-17-2017
Lotta passionate arguments on this subject, but this is where I'm at damn the torpedoes

Pat can play next year when he permanently takes the keys and spends the entire offseason as The Man
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:22 PM 12-17-2017
One thing that might be worth consideration... do you start Mahomes and put a game's worth of tape out there of him before giving him the job? Does it matter? If so, how much? These are questions for the coaches obviously.

I personally doubt it matters much because I believe Mahomes will be good regardless of if there is tape to study him on, but it could be a factor.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:22 PM 12-17-2017
Jesus fuck, guys.

You put in Mahomes so he for sure has meaningful live game film to comb over and learn what he needs to improve on. Also lets him get acquainted with playing again because they might need him at some point.

There's no fucking reason to give Bray live snaps, ever. If he's playing, we are fucked. Why would we practice, we're fucked?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:23 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Jesus ****, guys.

You put in Mahomes so he for sure has meaningful live game film to comb over and learn what he needs to improve on. Also lets him get acquainted with playing again because they might need him at some point.

There's no ****ing reason to give Bray live snaps, ever. If he's playing, we are ****ed. Why would we practice, we're ****ed?
There's a better chance of you or I starting than Bray. He doesn't dress on game day for a reason.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 12-17-2017
There's a better chance of you or I starting than Bray. He doesn't dress on game day for a reason.
I honestly dont get that... why in the hell have they kept him around all this time?

Seems like if he was that bad, they'd have long ago moved on
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:46 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I honestly dont get that... why in the hell have they kept him around all this time?

Seems like if he was that bad, they'd have long ago moved on
He's a decent #3 QB in this league, he has more talent than many third stringers would have, but I'm sure they'd love if he never played a regular season snap for them. He is merely there as an emergency QB who will know the playbook inside and out.

That's why I won't be surprised one bit if he is re-signed because once Smith is gone we won't have any other backup QB who knows the offense like Bray.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:52 PM 12-17-2017
He's a decent #3 QB in this league, he has more talent than many third stringers would have, but I'm sure they'd love if he never played a regular season snap for them. He is merely there as an emergency QB who will know the playbook inside and out.

That's why I won't be surprised one bit if he is re-signed because once Smith is gone we won't have any other backup QB who knows the offense like Bray.
Right, he is a third or backup at best... just dont understand not dressing him, its not unknown for two QBs to be hurt in the same game
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:54 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Right, he is a third or backup at best... just dont understand not dressing him, its not unknown for two QBs to be hurt in the same game
And if needed we would still have Kelce. Wish we still had Poe though.
[Reply]
Page 549 of 2687
« First < 49449499539545546547548549 55055155255355959964910491549 > Last »
Up