ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 2686
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Coogs 11:39 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Barring a complete team meltdown and us sitting at 2-8 or 3-7......Mahomes needs to sit. And for us to start Mahomes at 2-8 or 3-7....it would have to be painfully obvious that Smith is the sole reason that we're sitting at that record.
If he can handle the play calling, why does he "need" to sit?

The whole offense is back intact. It's a bottom third of the league offense as is. The last 4 seasons rankings were 21st, 25th, 27th, and last season 21st.

It shouldn't be a bottom tier offense with the upgrades made throughout the past 4 years, yet the results are the same.

Personally, I think the offense... hell, the whole team... responds in a positive way if Mahomes can open up the offense to the level of the talent on the team.
[Reply]
Mr. Arrowhead 11:40 AM 05-16-2017
Im good with him sitting the whole year even if he does get it pretty quickly. Nothing will hurt him sitting the whole year. Now the idiot people that say he should sit 2 year make me wanna bang my head against the wall, just no no no no. But I mean if we are pretty much out of the playoffs and we want to play him the last few games of the year then ya sure there isnt no harm in that either
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:45 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead:
Im good with him sitting the whole year even if he does get it pretty quickly. Nothing will hurt him sitting the whole year. Now the idiot people that say he should sit 2 year make me wanna bang my head against the wall, just no no no no. But I mean if we are pretty much out of the playoffs and we want to play him the last few games of the year then ya sure there isnt no harm in that either
If he can run the offense then there's no point in sitting him. It's not like we're waiting for the rest of the team to develop around him.

Whether it's this year or next, the Chiefs record will take a step back in the first year of the Mahomes era while he earns his lumps and bruises.

Waiting till next year only delays the inevitable fall from playoff contention. Now, if he can't spit out a play, diagnose a defense and get his players in the right position, then he needs to sit until he can.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 11:52 AM 05-16-2017
See this is my thinking too why I said I trust Andy Reid to make that decision. Also there is no way on earth he sits two years that's by the people who love Alex Smith.

On another note bronco fans I know were trashing our pick of Mahomes I can hear the fear in it the rest of the AFC West are scared if he becomes legit.
[Reply]
Mr. Arrowhead 12:05 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
See this is my thinking too why I said I trust Andy Reid to make that decision. Also there is no way on earth he sits two years that's by the people who love Alex Smith.

On another note bronco fans I know were trashing our pick of Mahomes I can hear the fear in it the rest of the AFC West are scared if he becomes legit.
Actually had a Raider fan tell me hes mad we took Mahomes, because he thinks hes going to be really good and said Mahomes reminds him of Carr.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:48 PM 05-16-2017
The decision that Mahomes will sit all year this year has pretty much been made but you can't make the decision right now whether he will start next year or sit another year.

It all depends of his progress this year and of what Smith shows this year.

All scenario are on the table, that is that Mahomes could start in 2018, sit another year or battle Smith for the starting QB position. And I don't think right now Dorsey and Reid are leaning towards one or the other.

You have to see as you go along and eventually make a decision.
[Reply]
Mav 03:34 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Barring a complete team meltdown and us sitting at 2-8 or 3-7......Mahomes needs to sit. And for us to start Mahomes at 2-8 or 3-7....it would have to be painfully obvious that Smith is the sole reason that we're sitting at that record.

Absolutely. And I think that's what surprises me most is the seemingly way that most Chiefs fans are in agreement. I just can't envision a scenario where the chiefs are any worse than 10-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 03:37 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
If he can handle the play calling, why does he "need" to sit?

The whole offense is back intact. It's a bottom third of the league offense as is. The last 4 seasons rankings were 21st, 25th, 27th, and last season 21st.

It shouldn't be a bottom tier offense with the upgrades made throughout the past 4 years, yet the results are the same.

Personally, I think the offense... hell, the whole team... responds in a positive way if Mahomes can open up the offense to the level of the talent on the team.

It's a system that takes 2 years to fully grasp. He's gonna have to learn the verbiage. The guy didn't have to make full field reads or use a huddle in college. It's a massive jump. Impossible no, but ideally if he doesn't have to play, he shouldn't . Just my opinion.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05-16-2017, 04:04 PM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
Coogs 04:17 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:
It's a system that takes 2 years to fully grasp. He's gonna have to learn the verbiage. The guy didn't have to make full field reads or use a huddle in college. It's a massive jump. Impossible no, but ideally if he doesn't have to play, he shouldn't . Just my opinion.

He doesn't have to know all of it. That's the coaches job to limit the playbook to what he can handle early, and keep adding to it through the games/years.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:19 PM 05-16-2017
Actually had a Raider fan tell me hes mad we took Mahomes, because he thinks hes going to be really good and said Mahomes reminds him of Carr.

He looks exactly like Carr
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:22 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Another Alex fanboy who is having a hard time coming to terms with reality.... it never ends.

Pulling year totals out of your ass about how long it takes to learn the system, blah blah blah. Smith has one more year as the starter, and if the losses start piling up, less than that.
Since you have become a Mahomo, you have really turned into an ass. Attacking Mav.. the guy that now calls Smith a backup quality QB.. just because he suggests what many others would easily acknowledge as a fairly complex system to learn.

Hell, I bet even Andy himself would say it would take multiple years for his QB.. any QB.. to fully be comfortable in thoroughly running it like the back of his hand.

I say the chance % is very high that Mahomes is starting in 2018.. and despite that.. I bet there will be growing pains. Probably growing pains that Andy would like to avoid.. so Mahomes doesn't overly rely on athletic backyard balling, and end up like Kaepernick.

You sound like an impatient child on Christmas Eve.. throwing a fit cuz you can't unwrap your big shiny gift instantly. So obnoxious lately... so disappointing.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:33 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If he can run the offense then there's no point in sitting him. It's not like we're waiting for the rest of the team to develop around him.

Whether it's this year or next, the Chiefs record will take a step back in the first year of the Mahomes era while he earns his lumps and bruises.

Waiting till next year only delays the inevitable fall from playoff contention. Now, if he can't spit out a play, diagnose a defense and get his players in the right position, then he needs to sit until he can.

This entirely. You cannot replace actual game time experience sitting on the bench to learn from. Sitting watching Alex Smith really? Pffft I don't care if he has the 3rd most wins last four years the defense stepped up with turnovers galore and gave the offense prime field positions that we won most of those games with field goals.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:35 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
Since you have become a Mahomo, you have really turned into an ass. Attacking Mav.. the guy that now calls Smith a backup quality QB.. just because he suggests what many others would easily acknowledge as a fairly complex system to learn.

Hell, I bet even Andy himself would say it would take multiple years for his QB.. any QB.. to fully be comfortable in thoroughly running it like the back of his hand.

I say the chance % is very high that Mahomes is starting in 2018.. and despite that.. I bet there will be growing pains. Probably growing pains that Andy would like to avoid.. so Mahomes doesn't overly rely on athletic backyard balling, and end up like Kaepernick.

You sound like an impatient child on Christmas Eve.. throwing a fit cuz you can't unwrap your big shiny gift instantly. So obnoxious lately... so disappointing.
Easy who you say has become an ass here, pal. Let us not forget that you are the guy who described fans on here as 'tooth decayed, drug-addled, three-eyed inbreds....' That was you in your frustration over our new found outlook.

No personal disrespect to Mav, but coming on here with 'Alex Smith' in your sig, being known as a Smith lover previously, and insinuating that we have another 2 years of Smith as the starter is not a good idea (If that is what he was doing). It makes sense on absolutely no level, but we've been through this a hundred times.

I do not question that the entire offense takes a few years to know fully. But that doesn't mean it takes that long to play.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:57 PM 05-16-2017
He's sitting 2 years if Smith and company handle business as usual and the people paid money to actually produce (Houston/Maclin) do their damn jobs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:08 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
He's sitting 2 years if Smith and company handle business as usual and the people paid money to actually produce (Houston/Maclin) do their damn jobs.
What f**king job did Alex Smith do last year? He made more than $1M per TD pass. 'Business as usual'. :-) :-) Does that mean continue to be a bottom tier passing game and skid by because of the defense and STs?
[Reply]
Page 161 of 2686
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Up