ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1066 of 2683
« First < 665669661016105610621063106410651066 106710681069107010761116116615662066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:36 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't think it was intended to throw shade on Alex.

Look, the offense is much improved with Mahomes. When they ask you WHY, there's not really a good way to answer. Either you're not giving Mahomes any credit, or you're throwing Alex under the bus.

There's not really a politically correct middle-ground that I know of other than a complete non-answer.

I think it's really telling that Reid doesn't sandbag for Mahomes. His rhetoric doesn't really do much to 'calm the hype'. That's unusual for ANY head coach and a young QB.
Well he could say Sammy Watkins wasn’t on the roster in previous years and it makes all the difference. Haha
[Reply]
Dayze 10:47 AM 09-24-2018
as good as our offense is, we've gotta remember we're probably dead last in setting up the punter.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 09-24-2018
31 teams have scored 12 or fewer TD’s so far.

Mahomes has scored 13
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 09-24-2018
I think it's really telling that Reid doesn't sandbag for Mahomes. His rhetoric doesn't really do much to 'calm the hype'. That's unusual for ANY head coach and a young QB.
Yep, most coaches are very reserved in that aspect and most of the time, Reid is no different. You can tell he's legitimately very high on Patrick Mahomes and just can't contain it sometimes.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:58 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Jags defense has more sheer talent than LAR. But Phillips is a good coach.

I think Jacksonville is tougher, though. It’d be one thing if LA had even decent edge rushers or ILB play. They’re actually pretty poor at those spots and a coach like Reid with the weapons at his disposal will take advantage of that.
There's no way in hell Pat loses to bortles.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:59 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
31 teams have scored 12 or fewer TD’s so far.

Mahomes has scored 13
Wow!
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep, most coaches are very reserved in that aspect and most of the time, Reid is no different. You can tell he's legitimately very high on Patrick Mahomes and just can't contain it sometimes.
That was one of the more telling things for me. Andy never EVER does that for a guy. It's always coach speak, blah blah whatever.

If Andy is pumping a guy like that, he really likes him.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:17 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
That was one of the more telling things for me. Andy never EVER does that for a guy. It's always coach speak, blah blah whatever.

If Andy is pumping a guy like that, he really likes him.
Not just Andy. I can't EVER remember any coach talking about a young QB like that. Not for lack of faith, but more to keep expectations down, not put undue pressure on a young guy who's already under a lot of pressure.

You usually get the 'This kid is super special' tidbits from players, not coaches.

With Mahomes you have GM's and coaches practically giggling like schoolgirls every time they were asked about him. "Tee-hee! He's getting better!" they couldn't get a platitude out without a chuckle. Then they slip out some crazy praise about how insanely smart he is or how crazy strong and accurate his arm is.

That's going to make me pause.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:27 PM 09-24-2018
pat mahomes is helping to save Erving's career. I think Erving is working like mad to pay him back by focusing and playing good football. It's exciting, gentlemen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:41 PM 09-24-2018
I haven't seen my OL protect a QB like that since Montana was here.

They were ready to kill a fool.
hes going to make them all All-Pros because he doesn’t get sacked.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
hes going to make them all All-Pros because he doesn’t get sacked.
That's partly true, yes. Like some of the other QBs that process things so quickly, he makes his OL look good.

But man - watch those clips. They don't get it right every time but those cats can pass block. And some of the times that things get hairy are the RPO plays where they're down blocking and Mahomes keeps the ball for the throw.

The OL is just genuinely good. They're giving him a lot of room to work with. They aren't a nasty squad so they seem to be struggling with run blocking a little, but they're also facing 8 man boxes in the 2nd halves of some of these games and we're trying to run uphill at that point.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:13 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's partly true, yes. Like some of the other QBs that process things so quickly, he makes his OL look good.

But man - watch those clips. They don't get it right every time but those cats can pass block. And some of the times that things get hairy are the RPO plays where they're down blocking and Mahomes keeps the ball for the throw.

The OL is just genuinely good. They're giving him a lot of room to work with. They aren't a nasty squad so they seem to be struggling with run blocking a little, but they're also facing 8 man boxes in the 2nd halves of some of these games and we're trying to run uphill at that point.
A good example is the long play to Hill against the 49ers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
There's no way in hell Pat loses to bortles.
Maybe not. Perhaps probably not.

I had the Rams game down as a loss and despite what we've seen offensively, I gotta stick with that because that team can move the damn football.

The Chiefs are tied for 3rd in the NFL with only 25% of their drives going 3 and out. I don't recall who is 2 and they're at something like 21%.

The Rams are under 7%. The defense is what we thought it would be but McVay has that team's offense clicking. If the Chiefs are the WCO mixed with the Air Raid, the Rams are just a sort of WCO Godzilla. They just do west coast concepts better than I've ever seen them done right now. Andy's taking the ability to spread the field horizontally and combining it with the ability to move it downfield. McVay's just using the horizontal passing game (and the run game) to it's peak use. It looks a lot like when Brady was humming at full tilt. Goff just smiles and dials and dings you 7 yards at a time.

That team is uniquely well suited to control the clock on offense while presenting a shell defense that makes us work harder than we like to score in response.

The Rams are going to be tough because they're just so good in all phases right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 09-24-2018
A good example is the long play to Hill against the 49ers.
The play to Kelce where he dropped the snap. He picks it right up and there's still nobody near him.

He had another strike to Kelce where he was able to take a full drop, step into the throw and just 'ho hum' deliver a bullet from a perfect base because nobody was near him.

These aren't quick hitters that keep the DL from getting to him. These were plays where the line literally gave him as much time as he needed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 09-24-2018
Peters and Talib injured their calf and ankle respectively. Those could be the nagging type of injuries that hamper them the rest of the year. The LB core of the Rams is fucking terrible. They could be looking mortal in the coming weeks.
[Reply]
Page 1066 of 2683
« First < 665669661016105610621063106410651066 106710681069107010761116116615662066 > Last »
Up