ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 556 of 1207
« First < 56456506546552553554555556 5575585595605666066561056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:35 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Line a bowl with aluminum foil, pour your grease in the foil and when it cools and hardens, lift out the foil and pitch it. I don't like having a jar of rancid grease under my sink so that's the route I go.
Another good tip.

See I mispelled "throw". Oh my! Lol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
That's what my mom told us and that was from the guy who installed ours.

Good tips. Thanks.
I'd bought a replacement for mine. I was sitting there eating dinner and the box was on the counter. It had a 'cutaway' view of the internals and I could either talk to my hangry 2 year old or zone out and look at the box.

So of course I went with the latter and realized "wait a damn minute...if mine has power and that's the design, there's no way it shouldn't work; I can fix this" so I yanked it out and got to tinkerin'.

They're far more clever than I realized and also far less likely to cut your fingers off because of it.
[Reply]
srvy 11:35 AM 06-15-2017

[Reply]
Buzz 06:11 PM 06-15-2017
Who throws away bacon grease? and my bottle of worcestershire sauce says on the label to refrigerate after opening.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:25 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Who throws away bacon grease? and my bottle of worcestershire sauce says on the label to refrigerate after opening.
What brand? I just checked my Lea & Perrins and it says no such thing. Just says "Best used by date on bottle." Now that's just when it's at its best. Those dates you can pass somewhat but doesn't mean it's totally bad yet. I consider L&P's the best and I've tried cheaper ones that don't taste great. It says right on the bottle that L&P's has been the only authentic brand of Worcestershire Sauce since 1835....and even that is aged in wooden casks.

So now, I am looking at the ingredients and I see vinegar is the first, which means it is in the highest amount. I would think that alone preserves it.
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:25 PM 06-15-2017
This

Love putting it while I dry my potatos.. even when baking chicken
[Reply]
Buzz 06:36 PM 06-15-2017
What brand? I just checked my Lea & Perrins and it says no such thing. Just says "Best used by date on bottle." Now that's just when it's at its best. Those dates you can pass somewhat but doesn't mean it's totally bad yet. I consider L&P's the best and I've tried cheaper ones that don't taste great. It says right on the bottle that L&P's has been the only authentic brand of Worcestershire Sauce since 1835....and even that is aged in wooden casks.

So now, I am looking at the ingredients and I see vinegar is the first, which means it is in the highest amount. I would think that alone preserves it.

Hy-Vee, but then again I don't piss away money on over priced bullshit.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:42 PM 06-15-2017

We use Lea & Perrins too, mostly because it comes in big bottles at Costco for a great price.

Mine obviously says the same as yours and my wife said "it has so much vinegar in it that it will be used before it goes bad on the counter."
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:58 PM 06-15-2017
Hy-Vee, but then again I don't piss away money on over priced bullshit.
You get what you pay for often enough. I'd say that here. I've had the watered-down versions and "yuck"! But you've had to have a good one to see the difference. A good WS isn't that expensive either.

I wonder what the ingredients are in Hy-Vee's?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:59 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We use Lea & Perrins too, mostly because it comes in big bottles at Costco for a great price.

Mine obviously says the same as yours and my wife said "it has so much vinegar in it that it will be used before it goes bad on the counter."
You guys must use a LOT! I had that big bottle once but wasn't using it enough to justify it. I have a smaller one that I buy now from WalMart. I had a cheaper one, once, thinking I was saving money but it was worthless in terms of flavor. Never again.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:29 PM 06-15-2017
You get what you pay for often enough. I'd say that here. I've had the watered-down versions and "yuck"! But you've had to have a good one to see the difference. A good WS isn't that expensive either.

I wonder what the ingredients are in Hy-Vee's?

Worcestershire snob on CP, who would have thunk.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I refrigerate worcestershire, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce.
Me three...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:30 PM 06-15-2017
Hardly a rational or logical response, who would have thunk.
Are you really that closed to something new you have to use an ad hom?
Can't defend your product or post the ingredients to see if it's even WS.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:27 PM 06-15-2017
Who throws away bacon grease?
Yeah, if you can keep your bacon grease unadulterated [ie, teeny tiny little bits of bacon in it is OK, but keep other foods out, and certainly cover it to keep out dust and 'pests'], it's extremely shelf stable. I run my bacon grease off while still hot into a mason jar and lid it tight. Keep it right on top of my stove in case I need a little for fried eggs or hash browns later. Better than any other cooking oil you could want.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 06-16-2017
Count me in on that. L&P, and it's not even close. But if I'm going to make a large marinade for something like jerky, I'll get a cheap brand. Same with soy sauce.
[Reply]
Page 556 of 1207
« First < 56456506546552553554555556 5575585595605666066561056 > Last »
Up