ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 287
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:36 PM 02-14-2014
I just caught Centurion on amazon prime. Jesus. That is an outstanding movie.q. Just outstanding.

Fassbender wrecks shit. Does he just own every role he's in? He's quickly moving up my list of favorite actors.

I'm always a bit of a sucker for roman flicks but this one was excellent.

I expected
Spoiler!

But I didn't expect
Spoiler!

I missed
Spoiler!

Watch this movie. Now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:47 PM 02-14-2014
Has anyone happened to see A Field in England, 89% on rottentomatoes, and the director says he was influenced by Primer to make a film free of exposition and explanation, leaving the viewer to figure out the world as the film goes along.

Also compared in spirit to Valhalla Rising. And the director is current director of Dr. Who.

Basically, in a time of limited scientific knowledge, in the course of an English civil war, a group searches for an unspecified treasure. Only they get nourishment from what appears to be [from our perspective] magic mushrooms and the lines of inspiration, superstition, hallucination, intoxication and magic intersect.

Intriguing.

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:19 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Has anyone happened to see A Field in England, 89% on rottentomatoes, and the director says he was influenced by Primer to make a film free of exposition and explanation, leaving the viewer to figure out the world as the film goes along.

Also compared in spirit to Valhalla Rising. And the director is current director of Dr. Who.

Basically, in a time of limited scientific knowledge, in the course of an English civil war, a group searches for an unspecified treasure. Only they get nourishment from what appears to be [from our perspective] magic mushrooms and the lines of inspiration, superstition, hallucination, intoxication and magic intersect.

Intriguing.

Be in a weird mood alone, hungover on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, with two hours to kill, profit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:51 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Be in a weird mood alone, hungover on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, with two hours to kill, profit.
Does that mean you've seen it and recommend, or that you are intrigued and are guessing on what would be the optimum experience?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:33 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Does that mean you've seen it and recommend, or that you are intrigued and are guessing on what would be the optimum experience?

Guessing at optimum viewing pleasure only.
[Reply]
-King- 03:02 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
It's alright. Very underwhelming to me. Just seemed like a glossed over summary of the book.
Would you say that it's underwhelming because you've read the book, or that it's just underwhelming overall?
[Reply]
Ceej 09:23 AM 02-15-2014
Dallas Buyers Club was really good.

But, man, wtf, how did McConnaughey get like that for his role? He looked brutal.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:27 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
...with Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck? Looks decent enough...
Did I really just read this?...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:29 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Dallas Buyers Club was really good.

But, man, wtf, how did McConnaughey get like that for his role? He looked brutal.
He literally starved himself.

Like Bale did for "The Machinist."

[Reply]
Ceej 09:59 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Fuck that. Meth would be easier.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:12 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Would you say that it's underwhelming because you've read the book, or that it's just underwhelming overall?
Probably due to having read the book. Storyline is good, acting is fine, CGI is good. Just doesn't compare to the book.
[Reply]
Ceej 12:09 PM 02-15-2014
Fruitvale Station.

WOW.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:55 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Posted this last week in the Hannibal thread, but I would highly recommend The Hunt. It looks like it will be at the Tivoli in KC (listed as coming soon.) If you need a break from the summer explosions, and don't get me wrong, I really enjoy big sci fi and action movies too, be sure to catch Mads Mikkelsen in The Hunt. He gives a really extraordinary performance.

It is about a false accusation in a small Danish town and how an innocent man who believes that the truth cannot help but come out is nearly destroyed by the rest of the towns actions. Well worth the subtitles, and there are breaks of English in it.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Surprisingly reserved film.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:24 PM 02-15-2014

Too fat /Omaha.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:35 PM 02-15-2014

Interestingly, Batman came AFTER The Machinist.

Well, HGH, steroids, and carbs came after The Machinist, as well.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 287
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up