ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 172
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 10:48 PM 08-08-2022
This episode was painful.

Reminds me of BB after Hank and Gomey got killed. It was suffering the rest of the way.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:44 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 06:09 AM 08-09-2022
I recall that Cranston said there were three scenes filmed for the season. One with WW and Jesse, and then one each solo. Have they already done the WW solo scene?
[Reply]
lcarus 08:17 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:19 AM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 03:38 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:50 PM 08-09-2022
It's either death or prison for Jimmy
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:52 PM 08-09-2022
So far this ending still looks to be going towards "satisfying." A great ending but no bombshells. I'm good with that. But I still feel like the main players are suggesting there's going to be something deeply unsettling about the ending, so there's gotta be something totally unexpected still to come.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:57 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:04 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
It's either death or prison for Jimmy
I say vacuum guy. Or vacuum guy turns him down because he's too hot and he goes off on his own.

In any event, expect an update movie in three years letting us know how Jimmy/Saul/Gene is doing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:48 PM 08-09-2022
Vacuum guy actor died in 2019 and the cast has made it seem like it's a dramatic ending.

I don't think he's disappearing into the sunset.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:25 PM 08-09-2022
Felina was probably the most satisfying ending to a series ever. Everybody universally loved it to send Breaking Bad off into the sunset.

It’s really going to be interesting to see what they do for this one bc I don’t think there’s any way they can top it.

If I had to predict..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:51 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Vacuum guy actor died in 2019 and the cast has made it seem like it's a dramatic ending.

I don't think he's disappearing into the sunset.
Vacuum guy doesn't have to actually appear. Anyway, somehow escaping...that's what I'm going with.:-)
Maybe he'll get caught..who knows...I can't see him get killed off though...gotta leave it open for a movie in a few years.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:50 PM 08-09-2022
I don't think there's any way they do a Saul movie. What could it be that's not just a retread of what they've already done? This is the end of his story one way or the other. If they do more in the BB universe it'll be another direction. The most obvious thing would be a Gus origin, but I could even see them doing something with Jesse in Alaska before a Saul movie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:24 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I don't think there's any way they do a Saul movie. What could it be that's not just a retread of what they've already done? This is the end of his story one way or the other. If they do more in the BB universe it'll be another direction. The most obvious thing would be a Gus origin, but I could even see them doing something with Jesse in Alaska before a Saul movie.
Why? Duh…..There’s millions to be made.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 172
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167 > Last »
Up