ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 172
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:38 PM 04-16-2022
After watching 9 episodes of From, I'd give it a strong scoring. It was right up my alley as they say.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:48 PM 04-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m enjoying Tokyo Vice on HBO. Really solid Japanese underworld crime drama. Tokyo is such an amazing city.
Was debating this, will take the plunge. Thanks!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:22 AM 04-17-2022
I’m enjoying Tokyo Vice on HBO. Really solid Japanese underworld crime drama. Tokyo is such an amazing city.
Seconded. Well done series.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So did Inventing Ana on Netflix. I'm a sucker for Julia Garner so I gave it a go
She was fantastic. This was well done too. Watched the other We Work and Thernos series too. These all a fantastic revel of the "celebrity" culture invading business and the rich who don't want to miss out on the next Google or Facebook.

Thernos everyone lose their money and she is going to jail at some point. But, the We work couple got to keep a Billion collars? How was that possible? It was all a fraud. They had evidence he was taking money meant for the business and using it for personal gain. Building himself houses, putting millions in his personal bank account. How is that legal?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:42 PM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Seconded. Well done series.

She was fantastic. This was well done too. Watched the other We Work and Thernos series too. These all a fantastic revel of the "celebrity" culture invading business and the rich who don't want to miss out on the next Google or Facebook.

Thernos everyone lose their money and she is going to jail at some point. But, the We work couple got to keep a Billion collars? How was that possible? It was all a fraud. They had evidence he was taking money meant for the business and using it for personal gain. Building himself houses, putting millions in his personal bank account. How is that legal?
The We work stuff was mostly VC money and they didn’t choose to sue for fraud. I listened to an audiobook called the Cult of We. It was pretty plain to me that they committed some fraud. But by the same token the VC jackasses didn’t ask for gaap financial statements. They were focused on growth only, and failed to even run a basic margin analysis.

I believe there is a case for some fraud. But the reality is the VC guys are dumber than fuck. And they certainly had some governance problems on the board that allowed the fuckery to happen. But this is nothing like Theranos falsifying medical lab tests and trying to bamboozle lab certifications.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:44 PM 04-17-2022
If anyone is into this stuff and wants to read the books, I’ll vouch for the following:

Bad Blood (theranos)
Thicker than Water (theranos)
The Cult of We (we work)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:35 PM 04-17-2022
Love the Narcos series on Netflix and Narcos Mexico did not drop off one bit from the previous series.

Love this show.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:10 PM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Love the Narcos series on Netflix and Narcos Mexico did not drop off one bit from the previous series.

Love this show.
awesome - will watch - ty
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:50 AM 04-22-2022
If you like horror - give this one a whirl. It's from a studio out of France IIRC and French horror is very good, up there w/ Korean and Italian Horror.

No subs in the English version and terrifying IMVHO.

Edit: The IMDB Trailer is in French.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087569..._=nv_sr_srsg_0
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:49 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I started to watch Barry during season 1 but I didn’t stick with it, is it really good?
:-)

Also

Spoiler!

Attached: NoHo.jpg (36.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:26 AM 04-25-2022
Started Barry again last night. I kind of remember where I left off, the scenes with Stephen Root are coming back to me now.

Btw I did a google search on Sarah Goldberg and I gotta say she looks even better as a brunette.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:58 PM 04-25-2022
Have you watched Top Boy on Netflix yet?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:35 AM 04-26-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Started Barry again last night. I kind of remember where I left off, the scenes with Stephen Root are coming back to me now.

Btw I did a google search on Sarah Goldberg and I gotta say she looks even better as a brunette.

I fucking love this show. Gut-bustingly funny, turns on a dime between over-the top violence and satire. It's nearly perfect. New season coming in hot with a 93 Metacritic score.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:36 AM 04-26-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Also

Spoiler!
I lost my shit there.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:00 PM 04-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Have you watched Top Boy on Netflix yet?
I'm 4 episodes in. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it hasn't grabbed me.

A friend told me it gets better in the later seasons after Drake got involved. Your thoughts?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:02 PM 04-26-2022
I finished Top Boy and while it does heat up towards the end, I still thought it was fairly meh overall.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 172
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Up