ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Extraordinary Attorney Miss Woo - Netflix
kevrunner 05:29 PM 08-01-2022
Don’t know if any of you guys watch the Korean shows on Netflix, but this one is pretty good. It’s English subtitled only, no audio option for English. I know some people hate to have to read subtitles. I never watched any of the K dramas or movies until recently but I’ve have a few other recommends if anyone is interested.

[Reply]
kpic 01:06 PM 08-02-2022
It's absolutely fantastic! Netflix recommended it to me, but I thought it was going to be a bit too 'romantic' so I didn't bother watching till just recently but I caught up quick. It does have the usual Korean romance angle bits here & there, and it kind of stumbles along at those points but regardless of that it's been great (thinking it would probably be better without that angle - but Korean show, so...)

If we're talking more 'recent' Korean shows, off the top of my head these were all great;

Kingdom (Excellent)
Mystic Pop-Up Bar (wish this would come back for another season!)
Squid Game (of course)

Very generally speaking, I usually do Korean for live-action shows and Japanese for anime (though there are some great Japanese live-action shows as well)

I'll only do original language\subtitled - so yeah if you can get around that lots of good shows out there. A lot of time the English dubbing if available will be quite bad so it's easy to distract from the quality of the show.

The wife doesn't do subtitles at all so when I was watching Money Heist she eventually got into it later on when an English dub was available, I walked by one day when she had it playing and was seriously like what the heck is this? It was sooo bad.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:08 PM 08-02-2022
Loved Kingdom. Would also add...

Hellbound
My Name
Sisyphus
The Silent Sea
Alice in Borderlands

Tons of other really good Korean shows. And agree, subs over dubs.
[Reply]
kevrunner 06:30 PM 08-02-2022
With both of you recommending Kingdom, I’m going to give that a try. Squid Games and Sisyphus are the only ones I’ve seen that you’ll mentioned, I really liked both. I really liked Vagabond, in case you haven’t seen that one. I hate that 99% of these dramas only have 1 season, they are just so good.
[Reply]
kpic 07:36 PM 08-02-2022
Will have to check out Vagabond, it's the only one I haven't seen yet of those mentioned - all those others are great recommendations.

Jogging my memory a bit now;

All of us are Dead - The synopsis is High School + zombies, I thought it would be light-hearted fare given that premise but it gets real serious-real fast, a lot of these K-Dramas I'll watch back-to-back episodes, this one I would need to take a bit of break from it before getting to the next episode.

Good recommendation on Alice in Borderland, if you liked Squid Game you'll like this. I was surprised when Squid Game got popular because I actually thought Alice was a better series.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:15 PM 08-03-2022
I also liked Vagabond. Kind of amazing how many good Korean shows there have been recently. I also liked Uncanny Counter for some light-hearted fun.

Alice in Borderland season 2 is dropping this winter. Most of the shows are only one season, but they are also mostly 26 one hour episodes.

All of us are Dead is in my queue along with a bunch of others. Watched a couple of episodes of Bulgasl, but it's a bit too slow for me. Will probably watch Kingdom, Ashin of the North next. Looks like a one-off special episode of Kingdom.

[Reply]
kevrunner 09:08 PM 08-03-2022
Thanks for the recommendations, also, here is one more that I enjoyed, it’s only 8 episodes called “My Name”:

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:18 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Thanks for the recommendations, also, here is one more that I enjoyed, it’s only 8 episodes called “My Name”:

I'll Stan for My Name. I turned it on expecting mindless violence but it really drew me in.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:19 AM 07-23-2023
For the 2 or 3 of us who watched Extraordinary Attorney Woo, the actress who plays the lead character won a major award, her acceptance speech is so emotional. Here it is, it’s about 9 minutes long.

[Reply]
Up