ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Injury update [everyone's up except DOD]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:55 AM 01-16-2019

Eric Berry will practice today for the #Chiefs.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 16, 2019

Andy Reid says only LB Dorian O'Daniel won't practice today. That means S Eric Berry will practice today in some capacity.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) January 16, 2019

[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:18 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Given the Pats’ reliance on White and Michel, we’re going to see a lot of 3 safety sets.
I'm really hoping for DoD to be back for this game. Would rather have him stay with White when he hits the flats. I don't like Sorensen on him and rather have Berry on Gronk.
[Reply]
bricks 08:20 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The **** is wrong with you people? We can beat the Pats with or without DOD, Ware, EB and LDT.

Patrick ****ing Mahomes is going to take it to these assholes

Yes but having Berry gives them better matchups and allows the D to create more pressure with their front 4.

We need him to help take away Gronk in the passing game. There is no better player on the roster to do that than Berry. Hopefully he is healthy enough and in the proper shape to do it.

Plus, also having Fuller is gonna be a big factor. I'd line him up in the slot to take out Edelmen. There is no other better slot corner in this league that I'd have face Edelmen than Fuller.

Its the Edelmens and the Gronks we gotta worry about in this one. Dangerous weapons bro.

I think the key is playing those two in press man to man coverage schemes and let the front 4 pressure Brady. Hopefully Sutton does that this Sunday. I would like to see that.

Yeah Mahomes makes a lot of us feel confident I get that, but that confidence is taken to greater heights the more fully equipped we will be to beat these guys. That's how I see it.
[Reply]
Ribbs67 09:48 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I know a lot of people all season long have given Berry shit about his willingness to play, and I GET the frustration, but I can't imagine that he's not dying to be out there. This is the stuff these guys dream about when they're kids...they work for all their lives...and the longer the season goes on, the more magnitude of every game. It would be hard for me to accuse any probowl player of wanting to sit on the sidelines vs. playing...especially a proven competitor like Berry. I just can't see him being that guy.
This was were I was at right up until I heard him say that he COULD have played..but his spirit wasn't feeling it.... For like 3 games when we REALLY needed the guy. Don't sit there and try and sugar coat this. Him and his spirit really put this team in some precarious " have to win " unnecessary situations. I blame him and the coaching staff for the way this was handled. If I hadn't heard that actually come out of his mouth..I might feel differently. Do I want the guy to play..of course I do! He still has game and still our best DB. He needs to ball out and better play the whole damn game unless it's a blowout or be carted off the field.. because he has screwed this team and us fans all year if he doesn't. And so help me God if he's on the sidelines with 2 min play and Brady has the ball in a 1 score game.. I will lose my shit.. literally...
[Reply]
Hoover 09:53 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Ribbs67:
This was were I was at right up until I heard him say that he COULD have played..but his spirit wasn't feeling it.... For like 3 games when we REALLY needed the guy. Don't sit there and try and sugar coat this. Him and his spirit really put this team in some precarious " have to win " unnecessary situations. I blame him and the coaching staff for the way this was handled. If I hadn't heard that actually come out of his mouth..I might feel differently. Do I want the guy to play..of course I do! He still has game and still our best DB. He needs to ball out and better play the whole damn game unless it's a blowout or be carted off the field.. because he has screwed this team and us fans all year if he doesn't. And so help me God if he's on the sidelines with 2 min play and Brady has the ball in a 1 score game.. I will lose my shit.. literally...
I think this is all about Berry managing pain.

So he could have played last week, but then probably couldn't go this week. So he sits vs the Colts so that he can play in the AFC Championship game, then has two weeks to get ready for the Super Bowl.

I'm not surprised by any of this, and I also think that if the Chiefs win it all, I could see him retiring.
[Reply]
threebag 09:57 AM 01-17-2019
Retiring would be a good move. The Berry-Go-Round really sucks.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:10 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
Yes but having Berry gives them better matchups and allows the D to create more pressure with their front 4.

We need him to help take away Gronk in the passing game. There is no better player on the roster to do that than Berry. Hopefully he is healthy enough and in the proper shape to do it.

lus, also having Fuller is gonna be a big factor. I'd line him up in the slot to take out Edelmen. There is no other better slot corner in this league that I'd have face Edelmen than Fuller.

Its the Edelmens and the Gronks we gotta worry about in this one. Dangerous weapons bro.

I think the key is playing those two in press man to man coverage schemes and let the front 4 pressure Brady. Hopefully Sutton does that this Sunday. I would like to see that.

Yeah Mahomes makes a lot of us feel confident I get that, but that confidence is taken to greater heights the more fully equipped we will be to beat these guys. That's how I see it.
Not attacking you specifically, but I keep hearing everyone talking about Edelman and Gronk. But nobody seems to be concerned about White. White just destroyed the Chargers last week. He had something like 15 catches, which tied a postseason record. Someone better be in his hip pocket the whole time. If Berry is on Gronk, and Fuller is on Edelman, then Sorenson or Lucas better be on White.
[Reply]
YayMike 11:51 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Not attacking you specifically, but I keep hearing everyone talking about Edelman and Gronk. But nobody seems to be concerned about White. White just destroyed the Chargers last week. He had something like 15 catches, which tied a postseason record. Someone better be in his hip pocket the whole time. If Berry is on Gronk, and Fuller is on Edelman, then Sorenson or Lucas better be on White.
This is where I wish DOD was healthy...he was drafted literally for this type of situation!!!
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:56 AM 01-17-2019

Dorian O’Daniel is the only #Chiefs player who will miss practice Thursday.

That means Eric Berry, Spencer Ware and LDT will practice.

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 17, 2019

[Reply]
ChiTown 11:57 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:01 PM 01-17-2019

“I see him out there looking like Eric Berry.”

- Andy Reid on how Berry has looked in practice this week.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) January 17, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:11 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sorry, but after he and his agent used PR to hold the franchise hostage for more money then turned around and did virtually nothing after getting it I'm not too concerned with him one way or another.
You couldn't be any more wrong or stupid if you tried.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:15 PM 01-17-2019

Bob Sutton, when asked about Eric Berry and what to expect: “Won’t know until Sunday, probably” said #Chiefs will be ready to step in if necessary.

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 17, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Which Berry?

Pre cancer Berry?
Post cancer Berry?
Haglunds Berry?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 01-17-2019
He’s going to play.

Chiefs DT Derrick Nnadi said he expects Eric Berry (heel) to play Sunday. And added, when Eric is on the field it’s a completely different defense. Not the first player I’ve heard that second part from.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 17, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 12:21 PM 01-17-2019
Ugh this is what worries me about not having O’Daniel

Chiefs LB #53 Anthony Hitchens has struggled in man coverage this season:

• Targeted 25 times
• Allowed 22 receptions
• Allowed 3 TD’s
• Allowed passer rating of 142.4 when targeted

New England took advantage 3 times with James White, for an easy 35 yards #PatriotsFilm: pic.twitter.com/lw1QcVRN7G

— Patriots Film (@PatriotsFilm) January 17, 2019

[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up