View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 60 of 343
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:37 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
When people have dug their heels in the ground and refuse to consider any other possible options, there's really no point in debating with them.
There is a major difference between "idle speculation during the off-season" and "pronouncements of absolute fact" (when the speaker has no way possible other than speculation and 'best guesses' of any other information)
This is true for me. I choose not to debate my opinion until someone watches the film and points out Thuney’s flaws… and Allegretti’s for that matter… other than the one I have already alluded to earlier in this thread. That was the near sack/near interception play. There was also a 7 man rush play by the Bengals late on 3rd and long, but the receivers blew that.

If and when someone posts a time frame on the film, I will go and look to see if I was mistaken.

It quite possibly may have been one of our best O-line games of the season.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:46 PM 06-20-2022
its okay having reservations about the man protecting the blindside of the most valuable player in the history of football
[Reply]
poolboy 08:43 PM 06-20-2022
Mahomes shouldnt have to alter his game because his LT cant handle outside speed rushers...He has got enough to worry about...any QBs in the room?
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:08 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Fridge was like 350 in a different era. Totally different thing. That would be like being 400 pounds now. This is a disingenuous argument.

Brown has dropped 20 pounds and intends to play at 340-ish, to move better. This is a positive development and indicates that he's aware of and working to improve his mobility issues. I don't see how you can spin this into a negative.
I'll admit in hindsight asking him to drop to 315 is a steep ask, but...
As far as weights, I was going by OTC's measurables and they have OBJ @ 345 already, and all the others making more than him, the heaviest is williams @ 325.

at any rate, my point was merely he would need to lose weight (to earn a massive contract) to accomodate mahomes penchant for leaving the pocket. Unless Reid goes full on Marty ball, I don't see his rush blocking skills as an asset.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:08 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Can we get a weight check on Orlando Brown Jr.?

Want to make sure he isn't doing double Double Quarter Pound and extra cheese meals with large fries and large Cokes for lunch and dinner.
We will find that out when he reports to training camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 07:19 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
This is true for me. I choose not to debate my opinion until someone watches the film and points out Thuney’s flaws… and Allegretti’s for that matter… other than the one I have already alluded to earlier in this thread. That was the near sack/near interception play. There was also a 7 man rush play by the Bengals late on 3rd and long, but the receivers blew that.

If and when someone posts a time frame on the film, I will go and look to see if I was mistaken.

It quite possibly may have been one of our best O-line games of the season.
I commend Thuney for jumping out there at the last minute, but it was also a single game of sample size.

I don't think pinning the LT spot on a single game is wise. We saw Allegretti alot in 2020 and I don't think he's starter level when you have the 2 guards you already have. He's a downgrade from Smith and Thuney.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:22 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I commend Thuney for jumping out there at the last minute, but it was also a single game of sample size.

I don't think pinning the LT spot on a single game is wise. We saw Allegretti alot in 2020 and I don't think he's starter level when you have the 2 guards you already have. He's a downgrade from Smith and Thuney.
Even if it is only one game, if you would take the time to look, you see skills that many LT’s don’t have. Small sample size or not, those skills will stay with him. Really some amazing footwork and plays. Minus one.

If, and this is a big if, OBJ can’t reach a deal and won’t sign his tag, Thuney at LT and Allegretti at LG is far better than some scrub at LT and Thuney at LG.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:47 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I didn't say shoe string, I questioned if he would be athletic enough to play MLB unless he had Mike Singletary instincts
Went and looked to see if I was mistaken, you said drag down tackler. Which is just as crazy of a thing to say from a dude who always hit hard in high school and college. I mean he came straight into the NFL and smacked the shit out of Derrick Henry behind the line multiple times.

So while I was mistaken on the phrase, the point still stands
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:02 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Mahomes shouldnt have to alter his game because his LT cant handle outside speed rushers...He has got enough to worry about...any QBs in the room?
:-)
Just stop. Your ignorance is showing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Even if it is only one game, if you would take the time to look, you see skills that many LT’s don’t have. Small sample size or not, those skills will stay with him. Really some amazing footwork and plays. Minus one.

If, and this is a big if, OBJ can’t reach a deal and won’t sign his tag, Thuney at LT and Allegretti at LG is far better than some scrub at LT and Thuney at LG.
I've watched. He played well.

But has skills other LT's don't have? If that were the case, I'd imagine either Bill Belicheck or Andy Reid would have him at LT.

I'm not usually one to "call to authority" but I mean....it kinda works here. He's a technician, strong and athletic, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he could jump out there for some spot duty like that.

But over the long haul, he'd get exposed
[Reply]
penguinz 09:36 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Your and idiot.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 06-22-2022
Mahomes had the same issues with Fisher and Schwartz, IE, stepping out the back of the pocket.

It's something that needed changed no matter who's at LT. You give those DE's coming off the edge that straight angle, it's good night.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:26 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mahomes had the same issues with Fisher and Schwartz, IE, stepping out the back of the pocket.

It's something that needed changed no matter who's at LT. You give those DE's coming off the edge that straight angle, it's good night.
Yes, and it's also why an LT is less valuable for the Kansas City Chiefs compared to almost any other team who has a pocket passer.
[Reply]
poolboy 10:40 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Your and idiot.
your not very good at this, are ya?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:47 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes, and it's also why an LT is less valuable for the Kansas City Chiefs compared to almost any other team who has a pocket passer.
Yes that worked wonderfully when we started Cam Erving and Mike Remmers at LT
[Reply]
Page 60 of 343
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up