View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 343
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:30 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Do people think he is better or worse or equal to Eric Fisher in his prime? I'm curious.
We know what Fisher was like in his prime and we even know how Fisher played as he aged past his prime and his style worked for Mahomes.

Yes, things got better once the QB started stepping up more. And it's true Brown might get better foot work and improve his pass blocking.

But..., struggling with speed rushers still strikes me as a red flag. What if he signs a long term deal and doesn't keep his weight down?

I think KC already got their money's worth in the trade if they move on. So I don't see that as a big issue but finding another LT is an issue.
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:41 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Dude was getting his ass kicked during the Bengals playoff game. Thankfully McKinnon was saving his ass with the chip blocks. Let him earn it on the tag this year.
I’m not convinced he’s a lock as our future LT.

Not at $24M.

If we feel he’ll become a better pass blocker, then maybe.

Maybe we let it play out and make sure committing 6 years is the right thing to do.

Thuney can kick outside in a pinch, we have more and better prospects inside long term.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:52 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Play him on the tag and then draft one. Just admit the goof.
That briefs well. Problem is that drafting an LT better than him is very tough where KC drafts. Are you willing to give up a Mahomes level haul to draft an LT you hope is better than Brown? He’s no Roaf and no one will confuse the two, but considering KCs position, it’s hard to get better than him without getting robbed blind.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:56 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's where I'm at if he REALLY expects to be the highest paid LT. Does he do anything better than all other LT's?
You're like the football message board version of Jim Cramer.

A GM could have a long, successful career if he just lurked Chiefs Planet and did the opposite of whatever you want.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:08 PM 05-27-2022
I'm sticking with the unpopular opinion, no fucking way would I sign OBJ to a top LT contract. He's a solid player and a guy KC should look to re-sign, but not at that price. If a deal couldn't get done that's more reasonable and he wouldn't play on the tag because of it, I'd trade him and start Christian there and go pick up Lamm as a swing tackle or something. It's a strong LT draft next year and if I pigeonhole myself into taking one in round 1, oh well.

Of course, Chiefs will probably do it and I'll mope about it for a while and get over it.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm sticking with the unpopular opinion, no fucking way would I sign OBJ to a top LT contract. He's a solid player and a guy KC should look to re-sign, but not at that price. If a deal couldn't get done that's more reasonable and he wouldn't play on the tag because of it, I'd trade him and start Christian there and go pick up Lamm as a swing tackle or something. It's a strong LT draft next year and if I pigeonhole myself into taking one in round 1, oh well.

Of course, Chiefs will probably do it and I'll mope about it for a while and get over it.
Thing is that even if he got top LT money, that would only be for a short time. If it’s decided to move on from him you have to be absolutely sure you can get better as he will be protecting #15. Deep LT draft or not, the top tier guys will still be gone by the time KC drafts.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:46 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Thing is that even if he got top LT money, that would only be for a short time. If it’s decided to move on from him you have to be absolutely sure you can get better as he will be protecting #15. Deep LT draft or not, the top tier guys will still be gone by the time KC drafts.
Veach should have made the move to 17 for Penning when he was still sitting there. Wouldn't have cost that much more than going to 21 for McDuffie. If not that, could have taken Raimann at 62.

He'll have to pull a move, that's all. Generally, if you can get in the top 20, you can find a tackle. Would I use the 2024 1st to move up to get an LT versus paying OBJ 25 million a year? Yes. 100%. I think he's being a bit overrated and he forced Patrick to completely change the way he plays. Meh... it's probably moot and I just need to learn to love him because I'm sure KC is going to pony up for the kid.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:44 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm sticking with the unpopular opinion, no fucking way would I sign OBJ to a top LT contract.

I concur
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:38 AM 05-28-2022
Veach won't cave. Brown is not even close to being the top LT in football. He's not even the top 10. Hell, he was fired from playing LT in Baltimore.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:48 AM 05-28-2022
Veach won't cave. Brown is not even close to being the top LT in football. He's not even the top 10. Hell, he was fired from playing LT in Baltimore.
Anybody ever tell you that you say a lot of stupid things?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:03 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That briefs well. Problem is that drafting an LT better than him is very tough where KC drafts. Are you willing to give up a Mahomes level haul to draft an LT you hope is better than Brown? He’s no Roaf and no one will confuse the two, but considering KCs position, it’s hard to get better than him without getting robbed blind.
You are assuming we will pick at our usual position. I am not looking at the schedule and our defense. Defense is trash. No pass rush and rookies will get ia losses. It's a transitional year. Next year we have tons of money and 12 picks to fix this defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 AM 05-28-2022
You are assuming we will pick at our usual position. I am not looking at the schedule and our defense. Defense is trash. No pass rush and rookies will get ia losses. It's a transitional year. Next year we have tons of money and 12 picks to fix this defense.
You're going to be proven very, very wrong.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:48 AM 05-28-2022
We already fixed our defense, champ
[Reply]
-King- 08:14 AM 05-28-2022
Signing him to a top deal would be dumb IMO. Is he any better than Christian Darrisaw who got drafted at 23 last year?

Franchise him and trade him at the end of the year and draft a LT in the first. Trade up if you have to.

Because while I'm happy Mahomes is learning to play in the pocket more and step up in it more, and I was one of the people saying he should do it more, I don't like the fact that he was basically forced into that or else Orlando would get him killed against speed rushers.

It's also wild that we have a line that blows people up in the run game and we either CAN'T capitalize on it (CEH) or refuse to (Reid not calling running plays in the 2nd half of the AFCCG). What's the point of having such a run dominant LT/line if we don't run?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:23 AM 05-28-2022
Just spitballing here.

Where is Eric Fisher at physically?

MAYBE, you could franchise Brown, trade him, and re-sign Fisher as a stop-gap and then use what you get from the Brown trade to draft the LT of the future.

Brown would be perfect for like...Tennessee. Just as an example. Cleveland perhaps. Any run heavy team would love to have him.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 343
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up