View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 343
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:40 PM 05-27-2022
He's a mauler in the run game but average at best in pass protection. If he could be coached up working his feet and become above average or really good would be better. He just needs work on his feet in pass protection but Idk any better run blocker in the league and with the rest of the OL holy crap we can fuck teams up if we were a run team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He's a mauler in the run game but average at best in pass protection. If he could be coached up working his feet and become above average or really good would be better. He just needs work on his feet in pass protection but Idk any better run blocker in the league and with the rest of the OL holy crap we can fuck teams up if we were a run team.
I'm sure the Colts would send you Jonathan Taylor and Matt Ryan for Patrick Mahomes if you asked them really nicely...
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:44 PM 05-27-2022
Travis Kelce has never asked for more more money and there is no way he is getting paid what he is worth. He says winning is more important and cares about his teammates. Unselfish. He will retire a Chief after his next three Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:45 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm sure the Colts would send you Jonathan Taylor and Matt Ryan for Patrick Mahomes if you asked them really nicely...

Um no.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:46 PM 05-27-2022

I should have said if we'd just run it more.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:59 PM 05-27-2022
So you're talking about 5/$122?

That's nearly $24.5 million/season. I don't know that I can get to "don't have a problem" with that one. That's pretty damn steep.

I'd be more inclined to treat the whole thing as 'effective' guarantees, or more accurately structure it in a way that all parties expect the deal to go the full 6 years absent extraordinary circumstances, and make it 6/$140.

Your AAV just makes me awfully skittish and I don't see that he has any reasonable grounds to demand it.
I calculated wrong. That structure would be 4/84 with $12M of dead cap if you cut him before year 5. Essentially, it’s $21M/year for the 4 on average, and then a $12M inducement to keep him or extend him.

Just an exercise to show that real money can be a lot different than the actual value of the deal.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:16 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's where I'm at if he REALLY expects to be the highest paid LT. Does he do anything better than all other LT's?
We did get Bolton in the deal so I will resend the Goof but Brown is not that good. Making him highest paid is insane. He's the 15th best at best. Guys ran around him way too easily.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:21 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We did get Bolton in the deal so I will resend the Goof but Brown is not that good. Making him highest paid is insane. He's the 15th best at best. Guys ran around him way too easily.

Name 14 LT clearly better. Please.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:24 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Its Tuckdaddy you are arguing with. Not worth your time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And we got him for asswipe money last year.

Let's say we play him on the tag this year and let him walk. We will have gotten 2 years of, at worst, above average LT play for roughly $10 million/season (so a surplus value of at least $10 million? probably closer to 15?) and Nick Bolton in this exchange. Oh, and if he REALLY gets the highest LT contract in league history or whatever, we'll get a compensatory 3rd in the deal also.

It's just silly to discard the player value, which is what we so often do in these conversations. 2 years with Brown has substantial value.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:29 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
You literally have no clue what you're talking about. Once Mahomes stopped dropping back 15 yards, OBJ started to look much better. It's insane to me that idiots like you don't understand that a QB drifting too far back makes it super fucking hard to block an edge rusher.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 05-27-2022
$24 million AAV for a young quality tackle seems pretty fair to me. It’s not like these guys are asking for $30 million per.

And lest we forget that a LT is HARD to find, no less a good one. There are always WR’s available every year. It’s become a quite easy to find decent players.

However there are not many LT’s. The good Lord did not make very many humans to be as big, long, or fast as these guys. There just aren’t many of them around.

I’d sign him tomorrow for $24 million AAV
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:07 PM 05-27-2022
Dude was getting his ass kicked during the Bengals playoff game. Thankfully McKinnon was saving his ass with the chip blocks. Let him earn it on the tag this year.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:37 PM 05-27-2022
Do people think he is better or worse or equal to Eric Fisher in his prime? I'm curious.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:09 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Do people think he is better or worse or equal to Eric Fisher in his prime? I'm curious.
Different.

But on balance, with this quarterback, I’d rather have prime Fisher.

In a vacuum they’re probably equally valuable.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 343
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up