View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 343
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 12:18 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
On the flip side, Brown likely has 3 times the effective career left, when you factor in age and position.
So if you assume that Hill only has 4 effective years left and falls off at 32.... You think OBJ has 12 years left?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So if you assume that Hill only has 4 effective years left and falls off at 32.... You think OBJ has 12 years left?
He could easily play to 35. It isn't exactly 3 times but close enough to be relevant to the 3 times he used as the benchmark for trade compensation.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:27 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That also explains the WNBA.
It's so bad.

I love basketball. I just can't enjoy women's basketball, at all.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:38 PM 03-31-2022
Just going to talk out my ass for a second here...

Seattle needs a LT and Pete Carroll wants to go to a more run-heavy offense.

So, I'm guessing Evan Neal doesn't fall to them in the draft but Cross or Penning could be sitting there at 9, both of which are more nimble tackles. Is it out of reason to flip OBJ via trade to Seattle in that scenario and the Chiefs then take a more nimble tackle for themselves? Is a top 10 pick too much value for Seattle to bite off?

What about a blended trade that sends OBJ, 29, 30, and 50 to SEA for DKM, 9, 40, and 41? Chiefs give up 1,660 in value and Seattle gives up 2,340 which is equivalent to pick DKM + pick 27 for OBJ.

Chiefs get a more athletic player at LT, a weapon they have to pay in 23, and high 2nds.

The Seahawks get their rushing game stud at LT and 3 high picks to retool at WR and take a shot on a QB if they want.

Okay, nuff about that unlikely to happen. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:36 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Just going to talk out my ass for a second here...

Seattle needs a LT and Pete Carroll wants to go to a more run-heavy offense.

So, I'm guessing Evan Neal doesn't fall to them in the draft but Cross or Penning could be sitting there at 9, both of which are more nimble tackles. Is it out of reason to flip OBJ via trade to Seattle in that scenario and the Chiefs then take a more nimble tackle for themselves? Is a top 10 pick too much value for Seattle to bite off?

What about a blended trade that sends OBJ, 29, 30, and 50 to SEA for DKM, 9, 40, and 41? Chiefs give up 1,660 in value and Seattle gives up 2,340 which is equivalent to pick DKM + pick 27 for OBJ.

Chiefs get a more athletic player at LT, a weapon they have to pay in 23, and high 2nds.

The Seahawks get their rushing game stud at LT and 3 high picks to retool at WR and take a shot on a QB if they want.

Okay, nuff about that unlikely to happen. :-)

This is a really interesting concept.

It would continue the theme of reloading rather than spending big. I’d do it without the DK Metcalf complication, personally.

I suspect Seattle may view Panning as the run-impactful LT they want, though.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:17 AM 04-01-2022
While interesting I'm not sure it works with what I assume is Veach's plan.

With the construction of our offensive line, the Chiefs can afford a couple big contracts (Thuney and OBJ) while Trey and Creed are on rookie deals. It makes more sense to address the tackle position draft either this year or next (legit RT). To keep talent on the Line, but don't make it a burden on the salary cap.

Also, trading OBJ as suggested would signal to me that the Chiefs punting on the season. Despite the loss of Hill, this team can still win it all because of Mahomes and Kelce.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 04-01-2022
Nah, they'll sign him to a LTD.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, they'll sign him to a LTD.
Exactly.

OBJ is going to be here for the next 5-6 years...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:31 PM 05-27-2022
Orlando Brown Jr is seeking to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, per OutKick.

https://www.outkick.com/orlando-brow...s-city-chiefs/

Well, the highest paid left tackle in the NFL right now is Trent Williams of the San Francisco 49ers. He signed a six-year deal worth in excess of $138 million that averages $23 million per season, according to overthecap.com. Williams got $45.1 million in guaranteed money.

Green Bay’s David Bakhtiari in 2020 signed a four-year extension worth $92 million that also averages $23 million per season, per overthecap.com. Bakhtiari got $30 million in guaranteed money.

And it should be noted when Ronnie Stanley signed his five-year extension with the Baltimore Ravens, he got $64 million in guaranteed money on a $98.75 million deal..

And while it is unknown exactly what ceiling Brown and his new agent will be hoping to reach when negotiations with the Chiefs begin, it’s obvious $25 million per season and higher will be in the conversation. And $50 million in guarantees won’t seem outrageous.

So a four-year, $100 million or five-year, $125 million deal could be the floor of what the Brown camp might eventually agree to.

The Chiefs this offseason placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Brown, meaning he’s currently costing them $16.6 million against their cap despite the fact the tender has not been signed.

The sides might eventually be able to work a deal that lowers that cap number considerably while also giving Brown that $100 million-plus deal.

But is he worth that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12:33 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Orlando Brown Jr is seeking to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, per OutKick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuck that Fat piece of Shit! He can hit the road!!
[Reply]
Eureka 12:39 PM 05-27-2022
He might be worth $$$

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:46 PM 05-27-2022
Does he even have an agent yet? Dude is holding some of our funds hostage by not having an agent and getting a deal done.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 05-27-2022
Since when does “OutKick” have legitimate sources?
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:13 PM 05-27-2022
Give it to him, make it a 6-7 year long term deal and we'll watch it become a steal in a couple years when the cap explodes. Lock him up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:17 PM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Does he even have an agent yet? Dude is holding some of our funds hostage by not having an agent and getting a deal done.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Since when does “OutKick” have legitimate sources?
Considering Reid just said a day or two ago that Brown is still interviewing agents, it's sounds like "Outkick" is throwing shit at the wall.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 343
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up