ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:10 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Direck makes a thread about Clark being a problem then makes a thread suggesting we trade for Julio Jones

Lmao
He just doesn’t get it. He’s one of the last people on CP that I’d want making decisions for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:34 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He just doesn’t get it. He’s one of the last people on CP that I’d want making decisions for the Chiefs.
Direck is the Dieter of armchair GMs.

Lotta desire, minimal talent.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:53 PM 05-19-2021
Chiefs have been to two straight SB's with Clark. I'm not complaining. Obviously we all hope he silences his critiques with a monster year.
[Reply]
thabear04 08:32 PM 05-19-2021
Is everyone back to practice lifting and doing drills. Just seen a video of Frank in the backseat probably down in LA.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:59 PM 05-19-2021
I would think that every team has players who are on contracts that are not performing. Three straight AFC Championship Games and Two straight Super Bowls.

How high should these guys jump?
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:08 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I would think that every team has players who are on contracts that are not performing. Three straight AFC Championship Games and Two straight Super Bowls.

How high should these guys jump?

Dude you know Frank totally made Dee Ford jump offsides Pat's first season as a starter.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:10 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Chiefs have been to two straight SB's with Clark. I'm not complaining. Obviously we all hope he silences his critiques with a monster year.

Do I hope he has a good year?
Yes.

Do I hope we extend him?
Nope.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yeah I'm not sacrificing any asset or cap for a WR with injury issues on the wrong side of 30. What people dont understand is this bolstered offensive line is we dont need a true #2 with Robinson and Pringle you have 2 complementary guys who know the system give Mahomes time which he will have theres no reason they cant produce 60 catches and 6 TDs which is probably the best you'll get from Jones at this point. You're still getting that production at way less of a cost.

As far as Clark yeah hes been underwhelming aside from the 2019 post season. Defense was still top 15 both years and oh yeah made the super bowl of each. So to say Clark is a problem is dramatic we can walk from him, re-sign Brown, Figure out Hill & Mathieus contracts, make some free agency moves AND have all of our draft picks.

I just dont understand some peoples mentality on here. It's like they think this is Carl Petersons mid 90s-2000s Chiefs. Its clearly not.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:17 PM 05-19-2021
Yeah I'm not sacrificing any asset or cap for a WR with injury issues on the wrong side of 30. What people dont understand is this bolstered offensive line is we dont need a true #2 with Robinson and Pringle you have 2 complementary guys who know the system give Mahomes time which he will have theres no reason they cant produce 60 catches and 6 TDs which is probably the best you'll get from Jones at this point. You're still getting that production at way less of a cost.

As far as Clark yeah hes been underwhelming aside from the 2019 post season. Defense was still top 15 both years and oh yeah made the super bowl of each. So to say Clark is a problem is dramatic we can walk from him, re-sign Brown, Figure out Hill & Mathieus contracts, make some free agency moves AND have all of our draft picks.

I just dont understand some peoples mentality on here. It's like they think this is Carl Petersons mid 90s-2000s Chiefs. Its clearly not.

Pre-Andy, this organization was a shit show. I would say our darkest era were the Pioli years.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:21 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Pre-Andy, this organization was a shit show. I would say our darkest era were the Pioli years.
Piolis problem was he was such a dickhead with inept coaching hires nobody wanted to sign here. With Carl it always seemed like we had an aging team with a small window so you had to make moves like trading for someone like Jones. The Chiefs window will remain open with Mahomes and provided were able to resign Brown and Hill. This team trading for Jones makes no sense.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:23 PM 05-19-2021
Scratch that Piolis biggest problem was being married to Cassel but his free agent moves were limited I believe because anyone worth a damn didnt want to play for that regime.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:24 PM 05-19-2021
Piolis problem was he was such a dickhead with inept coaching hires nobody wanted to sign here. With Carl it always seemed like we had an aging team with a small window so you had to make moves like trading for someone like Jones. The Chiefs window will remain open with Mahomes and provided were able to resign Brown and Hill. This team trading for Jones makes no sense.

I must have missed something. Are you talking Julio Jones?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:24 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I must have missed something. Are you talking Julio Jones?
Yeah
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:25 PM 05-19-2021
Scratch that Piolis biggest problem was being married to Cassel but his free agent moves were limited I believe because anyone worth a damn didnt want to play for that regime.

Hell even UDFA didn't want to sign and they probably had the best chance to play.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:26 PM 05-19-2021
Yeah

That would be a historically dumb move.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up