ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2230 of 2688
« First < 1230173021302180222022262227222822292230 2231223222332234224022802330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:34 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The criticism that he plays streetball and can't read defenses
Also, specifically, the criticism that he's a 1-read QB.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:23 PM 07-29-2022
This is why belichek treats the media the way he does. It’s their job to find something interesting and they kinda twisted what pat was trying to communicate but pat could have avoided it. I’m not sure it matters but I’d prefer to avoid distractions like this. Not much to gain.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:24 PM 07-29-2022
This is why belichek treats the media the way he does. It’s their job to find something interesting and they kinda twisted what pat was trying to communicate but pat could have avoided it. I’m not sure it matters but I’d prefer to avoid distractions like this. Not much to gain.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:49 PM 07-29-2022
He could have avoided it.

But he didn't because he doesn't shy away from controversy when he has conviction in something, kind of like "get vaccinated".

Dude is just perfect. He's everything to everyone. Hillbillies getting itchy whenever someone brings up race don't concern me.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:18 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Streetball is an obviously racist dog whistle and whoever said that is 100% an old bad kinda racist coach who should retire.

Imagine saying Mahomes wasn't a 1 and is a 1 read guy. As if this wasn't immediately searchable and easily disproven.

Stand down Baby Lee the last thing you want is to be on that old redneck's side.

Notice how Mahomes plays “street ball,” but Brett Favre played “backyard football”

Yes, I’ve heard people all the time use “backyard football” in reference to Mahomes going off script, but I seriously doubt that crusty defensive coach has
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Woof. Purple pussy with the hottest take
Literally zeroes of people, outside of complete pos like steam, have an issue with what he said.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:46 PM 07-29-2022
Mahomes has been trashed all offseason- it is fucking ridiculous.

He is going to shut up all the haters with his best season yet.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:12 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes has been trashed all offseason- it is ****ing ridiculous.

He is going to shut up all the haters with his best season yet.

Yep people bout to fuck around and find out.
[Reply]
Best22 02:25 AM 07-30-2022
He was asked a question and gave his opinion

People get mad when players interview like robots. People also get mad when they say what they think

I agree with Mahomes. Did it need to be said? Maybe not but he isn’t wrong, however his words will be taken out of context by people with political agendas on both sides of the aisle
[Reply]
Bump 03:38 AM 07-30-2022
this is the media trying to make something an issue, like they love to do.

And lol @ anyone criticizing Mahomes at this point. Easily the best QB to come out in a long long time, generational talent. Once every 30 years you might find someone as good as him. They are just hating the best player in the NFL for the fuck of it or to get attention.

Also this is why I respected Marshawn Lynch's handling of the media. They don't deserve respect, they deserve a "I'm just here so I don't get fined" answer.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:40 AM 07-30-2022
To be fair, almost every quarterback gets criticism at times. My problem is that it was obviously an attempt to race bait, and I thought he answered it quite well. The media still fucking quoted him in snippets to make it look controversial.

Like this dishonest bullshit.

#Chiefs Patrick Mahomes says it’s “funny” he, Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray have to continually prove themselves pic.twitter.com/BG0VbBlJ0F

— Aaron Ladd (@aaronladd0) July 29, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:14 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Literally zeroes of people, outside of complete pos like steam, have an issue with what he said.

Lots of folk on Reddit, which leans pretty liberal, had an issue with it.

Not that I care, just saying.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:29 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lots of folk on Reddit, which leans pretty liberal, had an issue with it.

Not that I care, just saying.
From what I saw, not many had issue when the full clip was posted. More people had an issue when the tweet was posted.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:39 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
To be fair, almost every quarterback gets criticism at times. My problem is that it was obviously an attempt to race bait, and I thought he answered it quite well. The media still ****ing quoted him in snippets to make it look controversial.

Like this dishonest bullshit.

It was Aaron that asked the question and what he quoted was pretty much what he said. I suggest others go back and actually listen to what he said. Which was he thinks it is weird that black QB's like himself, Kyler and Lamar get labels that other (ie white) QB's don't get.

Asked #Chiefs Patrick Mahomes if he feels he's evaluated differently because he's a black quarterback.

Mahomes' response: pic.twitter.com/0fgs3hV4o2

[Reply]
SupDock 08:29 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It was Aaron that asked the question and what he quoted was pretty much what he said. I suggest others go back and actually listen to what he said. Which was he thinks it is weird that black QB's like himself, Kyler and Lamar get labels that other (ie white) QB's don't get.

Aaron used the word “funny” in quotations when Mahomes didn’t even say “funny”.

He could have easily quoted “I wouldn’t go that far”.

It was clickbait

He also didn’t really say that he has to continually prove himself where others do not.

I think he was referencing the word” street-ball” when he was saying that we (Mahomes, kyler, Lamar) get it and others do not, meaning that people are more likely to call it street-ball when it’s a black quarterback. For example, it’s backyard football for Rodgers, but street-ball for him.
He’s basically saying that he’s going to go out every day and prove how good he is.

#Chiefs Patrick Mahomes says it’s “funny” he, Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray have to continually prove themselves pic.twitter.com/BG0VbBlJ0F

You really think that’s not dishonest? That’s not what he said at all? He went on to talk about how Tom Brady probably feels like he has more to prove.
[Reply]
Page 2230 of 2688
« First < 1230173021302180222022262227222822292230 2231223222332234224022802330 > Last »
Up