ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 319
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:11 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We’ve been over this. You do this every year with Ts. Last year it was Ezra Cleveland that wouldn’t make it to 32, but he didn’t go till the 58th overall pick. You claimed he’d be top 20 in any other draft because last years class was the best OT class ever.

Now here we are, and you’re doing it with this class too. You’re focusing on a good/deep position group and you scare yourself into thinking you have to reach to get one. That’s a terrible way to approach the draft. You let the draft come to you. You don’t force things because of need. Again, that’s the entire point of signing a guy like Okung. To give you a little more flexibility in the draft.

Half the league isn’t going to take a T in the first 2 rounds dude. Smith, Hudson, and Little aren’t all going to be gone and at the very least they will be within reach to trade up in the 2nd.

- If Cosmi or Jenkins slip into our range, sure trade up.

- If Mayfield is sitting there at 31 and they think they can groom him to play LT, I’m good with that.

- If Eichenberg is the best T available at 31, there will likely be a DE or WR I’d with a higher grade. I’m not drafting for need.

- If there’s a huge run on T’s in the 1st, then that increases the likelihood of getting value in the 2nd. This class is extremely deep and like I said, half the league isn’t going to take a T in the first 2 rounds. That just doesn’t happen.
Ezra Cleveland was taken before 63. He also played Guard as a rookie, so I doubt he’s going to LT.

The best LT prospects are going in the top 40. Even last years amazing OL class had that happen.

And good luck to Okung. Would hate to have us trot out utter shit at LT when he inevitably gets broken again. Dude is 33 this season and injury prone. Those guys do NOT get healthier
[Reply]
staylor26 08:15 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ezra Cleveland was taken before 63. He also played Guard as a rookie, so I doubt he’s going to LT.

The best LT prospects are going in the top 40. Even last years amazing OL class had that happen.

And good luck to Okung. Would hate to have us trot out utter shit at LT when he inevitably gets broken again. Dude is 33 this season and injury prone. Those guys do NOT get healthier
YOU were saying that Cleveland might not make it to 32, not 63. You also said he’d be a top 20 pick in any other draft.

Just because there are a shit ton of T’s doesn’t mean they’re going to all go in the first 2 rounds. Niang was considered a 1st round talent and we got him in the fucking 3rd.

Nobody is projecting Little, Hudson, and Smith to all be gone before 63. Literally nobody is. Yet you seem to think they will all be gone based on nothing but a hunch. The same hunch you had with Cleveland.

I’m even saying that if there is an anomaly and half the league decides to take a T in the first 2 rounds, sure you can trade up in the 2nd to secure a guy like Little. I have no problem with that.

The point is, I’m not reaching for a T at 31. Are you seriously advocating for taking a T at 31 no matter what? Even if they have a stop gap? That’s just dumb dude.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:49 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Link?
There ya go
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:51 PM 03-19-2021
This thread is gonna be hilarious when we're back in the Super Bowl next February
[Reply]
BossChief 12:16 AM 03-20-2021
If Veach wants to move up...

we can get up to around 22-23 for a third

Up to 18-19 for a second

Maybe as high as 11th overall using next years first to move up

I guess it all depends on how many prospects Veach has that he thinks have above average starting LT quality and where the run on them begins.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If Veach wants to move up...

we can get up to around 22-23 for a third

Up to 18-19 for a second

Maybe as high as 11th overall using next years first to move up

I guess it all depends on how many prospects Veach has that he thinks have above average starting LT quality and where the run on them begins.
If he wants to move up...

There's no reason he absolutely has to.
[Reply]
-King- 05:39 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
This thread is gonna be hilarious when we're back in the Super Bowl next February
I don't think anyone would be shocked about us being in the superbowl even if this off season hasn't gone the way we wanted so far. That's kind of the perks of having the best qb in the league.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
YOU were saying that Cleveland might not make it to 32, not 63. You also said he’d be a top 20 pick in any other draft.

Just because there are a shit ton of T’s doesn’t mean they’re going to all go in the first 2 rounds. Niang was considered a 1st round talent and we got him in the ****ing 3rd.

Nobody is projecting Little, Hudson, and Smith to all be gone before 63. Literally nobody is. Yet you seem to think they will all be gone based on nothing but a hunch. The same hunch you had with Cleveland.

I’m even saying that if there is an anomaly and half the league decides to take a T in the first 2 rounds, sure you can trade up in the 2nd to secure a guy like Little. I have no problem with that.

The point is, I’m not reaching for a T at 31. Are you seriously advocating for taking a T at 31 no matter what? Even if they have a stop gap? That’s just dumb dude.
All of the LT’s will be gone unless you get a project that requires time. Okung is finicky at best. He’s a broke dick so excuse me for not wanting a huge project to be filling in on protect our 500 million dollar QB when Okung gets hurt again.

Bc at this point it’s not “if” with Okung. It’s “when”
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:47 AM 03-20-2021

Would be surprised if #Chiefs don't end up with a wide receiver in free agency. They've been active, not just with JuJu Smith-Schuster.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 09:30 AM 03-20-2021
I wonder how much time Veach has spent contemplating calling Antonio Browns agent.

If it weren’t for off field stuff, he’d be an amazing fit here for a 1 year deal for minimal investment.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:46 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't think anyone would be shocked about us being in the superbowl even if this off season hasn't gone the way we wanted so far. That's kind of the perks of having the best qb in the league.
Then stop bitching like a toddler who got his toy taken away.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:50 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
All of the LT’s will be gone unless you get a project that requires time. Okung is finicky at best. He’s a broke dick so excuse me for not wanting a huge project to be filling in on protect our 500 million dollar QB when Okung gets hurt again.

Bc at this point it’s not “if” with Okung. It’s “when”
If I were Veach, I'd sign Okung, draft a guy like Walker Little (very similar situation to Niang last year) or Radunz, someone like that.

And I'd keep in touch with Fisher and his rehab.

It's doubtful Fisher could be ready game one, but probably could play mid to late season.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:05 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If I were Veach, I'd sign Okung, draft a guy like Walker Little (very similar situation to Niang last year) or Radunz, someone like that.

It's doubtful Fisher could be ready game one, but probably could play mid to late season.
Schwartz has been extremely positive about KC and has even reached out to new players (Long and Thuney) about if they would like any help in KC. I think he’s going to retire, as we kinda suspected.

I’m not sure how Fisher would feel about coming back for what would be a short term deal after being cut for getting injured on the field.

I’d agree that Okung would be a good signing.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03-20-2021, 10:06 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
staylor26 10:31 AM 03-20-2021

But Walker Little is going to be gone because RunKC said so!

Even though just about everybody except for Kiper has him outside of the top 64...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 AM 03-20-2021

I’d be down for that. Walker Little is probably a mid 2nd Rd pick at this point. He was mocked at 49 by Matt Miller in his most recent mock.

Ideally we can trade down, load up on more picks and get him
[Reply]
Page 277 of 319
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Up